Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 01:04 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,575,119 times

Advertisements

The thing you notice from the convenience store camera was that Brown was a bully and felt he could get away with anything by using his size advantage. The police officer had reason to believe Brown may have been on drugs that made him a threat because he assuaulted the officer from the start and because he continued to surge toward him after being shot.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:06 PM

639 posts, read 821,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
He did not "run away".

He did attack the officer.

The cop started by talking to the "young men" who fit the description of two men who had just committed felony armed robbery.

You don't have to "get something" out of being a racist to BE a racist.

Torching and looting your own community is completely opposite "peaceful protest".
Yes he did flee after the altercation at the police cruiser. Mike Brown was intially shot from a distance he turns around with hands up maybe walking towards officer and was shot more times. Now was that callled for, hands up according to a bunch of witnesses. Seriously

Old 11-25-2014, 01:09 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon504 View Post
Wrong. Most blacks who have a issue with cops do so because of PAST bad experiences with them. I know this first hand growing up in the inner city.
Not just black folks, my friend. You know what my motto is about cops ( based on personal experience)?

The less contact I have with law enforcement, the better my life will be.

That part is definitely not about race.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:12 PM

241 posts, read 189,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
No. You need to learn how to use a dictionary. Keep going down for the full definition of the word verdict that I linked you to.
So tell me where there is any mention of GRAND juries in that definition. That's what I thought. There is none. Verdicts are only read after trials (which do not involve grand juries). You need to educate yourself on basic legal terminology before you expose yourself as an even bigger fool than you already have.

It's a good thing you're posting on a forum where people are more tolerant of this level of ignorance (and even defend it in some cases). You would get eaten alive on Reddit.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:13 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
I think they have already stopped new posts on Ferguson. I posted one last night on how things were there before all this started, I have been there several times through the last few years, and it was deleted immediately.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:13 PM

734 posts, read 1,082,353 times
LOL you just made another Ferguson thread, though.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Of course I respect your opinion. Unfortunately ( or fortunately, depending how you look at it) it sounds like your reasons are anecdotal rather than experience based. I've seen racism. Whites, Blacks, Asians, Hispanics, etc. but unless someone actually acts on their racists views, they are just bitter people holding a grudge for no reason.

My son and his friends ( millennials) could care less about race. They joke around about it.
Sometimes I think the world will be a much better place when my generation and the one preceding it are gone.
Of course they don't care about race that's because you probably don't teach them that and I commend you for that. But I'm afraid you might be in the minority and not majority. My kids don't care about race either and we teach them that people are people no matter the race/color. I can assure you that if they feel a certain way about race either way when they get older, it'll be because of THERE experiences NOT b/c of mine or any ones elses although its nothing wrong with letting your kids know about your past experiences good or bad.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:15 PM

241 posts, read 189,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I wouldn't bother feeding the troll. They know their argument is bunk, so they just argue semantics just so they can feel smart and think they are proving a point when all they are really doing is digging a deeper hole.
They? I am one person, not several people. Your use of the plural pronoun "they" is inaccurate, Shakespeare.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:16 PM

779 posts, read 632,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
There should be some famous black celebs out there urging some peace and calm. They don't have to agree with the verdict but at least tell everyone that looting, vandalism, and violent acts is not the way to go. They should get involved to help the masses calm down.
You mean like Obama, Sharpton, Michael Brown's parents, Deion Sanders, Congressmen, Rep, Cleaver, Pharrell, Rusell Simmons, Cedric the Entertainer, etc. They did. Do you really think that a bunch of angry people and the ones who simply wanted to tear $hit up are really going to listen? You underestimate the power of an angry group.

I am actually surprised that things went so well. People had me thinking that this was going to be another LA. There has been a nawful lot of destruction of property but other than that things have been pretty calm. Even the anchors in the midst of large crowds only televised chanting, some cursing and a lot of quiet.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Not just black folks, my friend. You know what my motto is about cops ( based on personal experience)?

The less contact I have with law enforcement, the better my life will be.

That part is definitely not about race.

Yeah you're probably right. I don't know where you grew up but in the inner city its even worse. By the way I like your motto lol..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events