Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 12:44 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Because M.Brown was under the influence the non-fatal shots did not seem to have an affect on him.

What I think should happen is that more cops should have cameras, it's evident that M.Brown's parents think their kid is an angel as all parents tend to believe but we all have to take responsibility including ensure that our kids are not going out committing crimes.
We have Michael ON CAMERA committing armed robbery minutes before the shooting. Yet, his parents still think he's an angel. How would ANOTHER camera change their mind on that? They are in denial.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon504 View Post
I'm disgusted by some of the things you just said woman, have you lost your damn mind? Nobody body down playing Mike Brown part in this situation but he ran AWAY from the officer. If he had shot once or twice to I could maybe understand. You tell me why he had to shoot all them damn times? That damn cop started with those young men for WALKING IN THE STREET. Shooting him that many times was UNJUSTIFIED and you know it. By the way you're right racist come in all colors but do you know how hard it is for a black person to be a racist being what we've been going thru for over 400years till this day ourselves. Most black would never treat others the way we have been treated for such a LONG time. You need to look up the definition of racism and/or racist and tell what the hell the average black person would get out of being a racist. By the way who started racism? Ask your self that. Also ask your self why is it MOST of the time its black men getting murdered by cops? We hardly ever if ever hear this happening to white kids? You know why because white folks would not tolerate it and somebody would have a price to pay. A black life means nothing in this country and you know it. I'M PISSED
He did not "run away".

He did attack the officer.

The cop started by talking to the "young men" who fit the description of two men who had just committed felony armed robbery.

You don't have to "get something" out of being a racist to BE a racist.

Torching and looting your own community is completely opposite "peaceful protest".

Old 11-25-2014, 12:48 PM

21,827 posts, read 25,102,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Using an incorrect term does not necessarily mean that a person has no knowledge of the subject matter. If that's all you have for an argument on his / her point, that's pretty thin.
But that's completely irrelevant as the term was correctly used.

"Why read the story when some people can simply use the verdict as an excuse to loot and get free alcohol, etc?"

"Why read the story when some people can simply use the (opinion/decision [of the grand jury])... Completely correct usage of the word verdict.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:50 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
We have Michael ON CAMERA committing armed robbery minutes before the shooting. Yet, his parents still think he's an angel. How would ANOTHER camera change their mind on that? They are in denial.
Michaels Brown's parents are failures. They did not teach him how to act like a respectable member of society. Now they are blaming society. They will never understand.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:50 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,987,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
I think you make a lot of sense in your OP however I want to comment on this very last part and point out that it works both ways. Yes, if Mike Brown would have just "obeyed authority" and gotten out of the road that might have been the end of it. But also, if Darren Wilson would have just driven by instead of 'flexing' his authority this entire fiasco could have been avoided. In such a supposedly crime infested area one would think the cops should have the sense to pick their battles. It wasn't worth it to start drama over a couple people walking in the street.
This is just dumb. It IS the cops job to get him out of the road. Jaywalking is against the law.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:51 PM

639 posts, read 820,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
That's the funny thing about justice. It's not really up to you, generally, to decide. Clearly you're upset because Mike Brown didn't get what you think of justice, which probably was stringing up "the man" for a clean shooting.

I do agree with you, however. Anyone with a piece of brain knows that Mike Brown wasn't going to get what you considered justice long ago. From the evidence that did leak, it was pretty clear what the grand jury would most likely come back with. I've been in enough trials to never trust the jury nor did I get all the evidence in this case. However, from the peanut gallery this one was pretty obvious.

The only thing that would make it more clear that Mike Brown got the justice he deserved was video footage which is why all officers should be using body cameras despite the high cost of storing the data. The cameras themselves are very cheap, it's the ongoing costs. It's worth the cost, however.

Yeah I agree with you on this.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon504 View Post
Why you token negro you. IT DID NOT TAKE ALL OF THOSE SHOTS TO GET A MAN'S ATTENTION AND IT CERTAINLY DID NOT WARRANT HIS DEATH. I don't give a **** if he was 10 feet tall and 1,000 pounds.
So, you're saying that the cop should have just stood there and allowed himself to be executed? I guess his family means less than Michael's. Why? Because most black people are taught to hate cops? I'm just asking....

Old 11-25-2014, 12:53 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,987,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
But that's completely irrelevant as the term was correctly used.

"Why read the story when some people can simply use the verdict as an excuse to loot and get free alcohol, etc?"

"Why read the story when some people can simply use the (opinion/decision [of the grand jury])... Completely correct usage of the word verdict.
I wouldn't bother feeding the troll. They know their argument is bunk, so they just argue semantics just so they can feel smart and think they are proving a point when all they are really doing is digging a deeper hole.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:54 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
It doesn't matter if he was a good boy or not. He's dead. If your kid was shot to death, wouldn't YOU be completely devastated & angry about it? Yeah, yeah I think you would. Do you really blame his parents for being upset? Honestly, do any of you ever for a moment close your mouths & think about what it would be like to be in someone else's shoes? It's not that hard to do.
I blame his parents for raising a thug. It's obvious from the video that he learned his thug ways from his parents. No wonder he ended up in a deadly encounter with a police officer. He didn't respect authority, just like his parents don't respect authority.

I would be devastated if my son were shot and killed. But...my son wouldn't rob a store. My son wouldn't strong-arm a store owner. My son would get out the street if an officer told him to. My son wouldn't go for a policeman's gun. My son wouldn't call a cop "f*cking p*ssy." My son wouldn't taunt a cop. My son wouldn't resist arrest. My son wouldn't charge a cop. If he did those things, I would blame MYSELF for not teaching him right from wrong.

And I sure as hell wouldn't be in the streets shouting profanities and urging the public to burn down my city.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:54 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
Yep they're still protesting with their arms raised in spite of the facts that show Michael Brown was not killed with his hands up. I don't understand the mentality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events