Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 12:06 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
There is a reason why no pictures of Brown are shown outside of the one off angle face picture of Brown wearing a hat.

Brown was not a child, he was an adult.

He was not some small teenager who was in the wrong place at the wrong time, he picked the place and knew the time. He wasn't where he was by accident.
IO Wilson wasn't exactly a tiny baby himself. He pulled the trigger 12 times.

And his version of events - if you have read the transcripts are . . hard to believe.

Two terribly flawed individuals came together. One had a gun.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:06 PM

241 posts, read 189,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Why read the story when some people can simply use the verdict as an excuse to loot and get free alcohol, etc?
What verdict? Grand juries don't give verdicts. This wasn't a criminal trial.

Some people need educate themselves before making complete fools out of themselves.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:12 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,784,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
So what you're saying is that the police officer who was confronting someone who fit the description of someone who committed a crime should have called for backup and let the suspect run away because there were two people????? Do you understand that he was investigating a crime at the time and Michael Brown probably realized that he had been caught and didn't want to go to jail? Again and again. Michael Brown had no respect for the law. His demise was his own doing. I can't feel sorry for that. What does it take for people to accept the fact that he owns what he did??????? How about the police just letting everyone go if there's more then one person while they wait for backup? Ludicrous.
The officer was investigating a different crime, a domestic dispute I believe when he came up Brown and his friend in the street. No one was running away. He backed up and cut them off with his car and then the fight started. Then the first shot in the car, then the running. You are the one who is speculating wildly to support a narrative. He never should have tried to engage them from inside his car once he realized they were responsible for the robbery. He decided he could take them on without backup and could have lost his life. He still didn't follow good police procedure - he just got "lucky."

Old 11-25-2014, 12:14 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,267,796 times
Default Michael Brown's family calling for peace? Hardly!

Michael Brown's mother is on this video shouting profanities and his stepfather telling the crowd "Burn this b*tch down!" after grand jury's decision was announced. I'm not surprised MB grew up to be a thug. The apple down didn't fall far from the tree.

Heartbroken Michael Brown's Mother Reacts To Verdict

Old 11-25-2014, 12:15 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
The national head of the NAACP gave an interview to CBS-N this morning. When asked to comment on the fact the physical evidence supported Darren Wilson and not that of the thug who got shot, he stumbled for a moment before he answered the question. He seemed a bit indignant that such a question was even asked.

So his response was that he understood that. But then he went on to say Grand Jury process was flawed and that it was unreasonable to expect the 12 people on that panel to make an educated decision on the matter based on the facts. Then he went back to repeating how unjust the American legal system is towards Blacks.

So there you have it. It really doesn't matter what the facts show. It doesn't matter.

(This was on the internet version of CBS. I highly doubt they will show any part of this interview on their main stream evening news. )

Old 11-25-2014, 12:15 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
The officer was investigating a different crime, a domestic dispute I believe when he came up Brown and his friend in the street. No one was running away. He backed up and cut them off with his car and then the fight started. You are the one who is peculating wildly.
Wrong. He was assisting a family several blocks away with a baby that was having difficulty breathing. Read the damn testimony and stop perpetuating myth!

Old 11-25-2014, 12:16 PM

21,869 posts, read 25,167,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earn Your Own Keep View Post

Some people need educate themselves before making complete fools out of themselves.
Yes, they do.

Verdict - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Old 11-25-2014, 12:16 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times
[quote=2e1m5a;37412622]
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post

You are presumably a Cop yet unaware of the federal 1033 program and the devastation caused by the military industrial complex and war on "drugs"?

This seems like willful ignorance, which is a major part of the problem. I can assure you, the Chicago area is not excluded when it comes to the militarization of local police forces. These lowly officers are simply not trained for this type of warfare and we are seeing the ramifications of it.

Database Shows What Military Equipment Your Local Police Department Has Been Stockpiling
Do not ass/u/me no I'm not a cop. I'm married to a retired police sergeant and I'm glad he's out in one piece after nearly 30 years. You're right about the military weapons being given to police officers. I asked him about it and yes they are there in his department but not routinely carried. They are given extensive training as well. I view it as a necessary evil. You don't go to a knife fight with a butter knife. Police were routinely out gunned by the thug mentality with assault weapons. I wouldn't care if my husband was in a tank if it brought him safely home to me. Society dictates what is needed to enforce the laws and if that means carrying military weapons. So be it. People who respect the law have nothing to worry about. In fact I view it as a positive, not a negative. Lawlessness is out of control in way too many places.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:17 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,998,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
The same thing would have happened in the streets of Ferguson even if they hung the officer live on TV.

These people were set on a riot.
of course they were. How else did they expect to get their alcohol and TVs for the Black Friday price of free.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:17 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,126,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earn Your Own Keep View Post

Verdict / decision, whatever. Semantics won't change the scenerio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events