Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 01:22 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,611,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
Terrific amount of destruction in Ferguson. 25 businesses destroyed. Looting and vandalism - what a shame for the law abiding people in the community.
Yeah, how ironic is it that those that want to protest against violence are USING VIOLENCE?
Idiots...

Old 11-25-2014, 01:24 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,983,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerj View Post
Yeah, because white people never riot.
Stupid people come in all colors, I don't think anyone said they didn't. Alcohol fueled much of the rowdy stupid and irresponsible behavior you highlighted. That's not an excuse just a sad fact. Is this list suppose to make Ferguson more acceptable? I doubt it would to the local business owners that lost everything. Did you see the photo of the little guy from the convenience store that Brown visited? He looked so sad, his place in ruins.

I'm wondering why the National Guard was so late getting to the scene. They didn't appear to be about till around 2am. Apparently business owners figured they would get more protection than they did. Really sad all of it.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:26 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Michael Brown was headed for a life in prison. Not much of a life there.
Really? Because I gotta say, I grew up in a wealthy, white, conservative area of the country - one of the wealthiest in the country, in fact. Many of my peers shoplifted and smoked pot in high school. They're teaching your children, writing your newspapers, and making your laws as we speak.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:27 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times
Anyone see Kim k's butt shot last week??

It was all oily!!

Old 11-25-2014, 01:28 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,611,830 times
Those that protested, did so regardless of what the outcome was from the Grand Jury.
Had the Grand Jury gone the other way, there still would have been property damage, looting, violence.
Those that participated in these events only wanted an excuse to do as they did.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:28 PM

29,437 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
I guess it can be seen as looking outwards. Not sure what that means. I was speaking about people who believe what they see in the media because that is what the person I was speaking to was referencing.

Perception may be everything but to condone the continued burden on the average black person to try and erase that perception is absurd. The same way in which some white people want to start off on a clean slate and not be seen as judgmental racists is the same way that the average black person wants to go about their day without having to prove time and time again that they are not apart of the violent criminal minority.

Funny how it is not ok for some to perceive Ferguson as a battle worth fighting but it is ok to perceive a group a certain way based on the clips on the news. What's even funnier is I am sure that there are good news stories about people who look just like the criminal element and yet the perception keeps on focusing on the guy who robbed or shot someone.

Keep this in mind THE MAJORITY OF BLACK PEOPLE RE NOT CRIMINALS PERIOD!!!!!! That is all you need to know. I don't care how disproportionate it is to white people. White people are disporportionately worse than Asians. How often do white people go around having to prove what they're not?

You call it race baiting but the majority of their time is spent in communities talking about reducing black on black crime and doing things to upflit the community. Interesting that only their prescence at Ferguson and other places gets news coverage.
I really want to believe this, I really do but seeing what is going on here in Ferguson, Chicago, Detroit , Atlanta , DC, etc...kind of show otherwise.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:30 PM

779 posts, read 632,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Stupid people come in all colors, I don't think anyone said they didn't. Alcohol fueled much of the rowdy stupid and irresponsible behavior you highlighted. That's not an excuse just a sad fact. Is this list suppose to make Ferguson more acceptable? I doubt it would to the local business owners that lost everything. Did you see the photo of the little guy from the convenience store that Brown visited? He looked so sad, his place in ruins.

I think it was supposed to show that black people are in good company so people should stop acting like it is some black related phenomenon. If you want to say rioting after a verdict is a black thing ok that has definitely happened a hadful of times but rioting period? Black folks do not have a lock on that one.

29,437 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
You mean like Obama, Sharpton, Michael Brown's parents, Deion Sanders, Congressmen, Rep, Cleaver, Pharrell, Rusell Simmons, Cedric the Entertainer, etc. They did. Do you really think that a bunch of angry people and the ones who simply wanted to tear $hit up are really going to listen? You underestimate the power of an angry group.

I am actually surprised that things went so well. People had me thinking that this was going to be another LA. There has been a nawful lot of destruction of property but other than that things have been pretty calm. Even the anchors in the midst of large crowds only televised chanting, some cursing and a lot of quiet.
Well it seems they did listen to someone...

Brown's stepfather: 'Burn this ***** down!' | News - Home

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Really? Because I gotta say, I grew up in a wealthy, white, conservative area of the country - one of the wealthiest in the country, in fact. Many of my peers shoplifted and smoked pot in high school. They're teaching your children, writing your newspapers, and making your laws as we speak.
Hey man, cut it out - that's not relevant. Second chances and reform are only for white people.

87 posts, read 84,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
No one will talk about the 800lb gorilla in the room. Blacks, statistically, commit 8x the crime relative to their population totals in the US. You know, I know it, we all know it and whenever someone has the temerity to SPEAK THE TRUTH, they are attacked as racial profilers and racist.

Why? Because the blacks perpetuate their misery by listening to agitators like Sharpton, Holder, and Jackson instead of well informed and smart black AND white civil and business leaders. Quit making excuses. Start standing up and be real citizens and condemn those that tear the blacks down collectively. there are those that make money off the misery. Jackson and Sharpton don't live in the hood. Never have and never will. But, they sure can make aligning out of telling those not doing as well who to blame for it and who owes you money. Deserved or otherwise. Instead of embracing these fools you should castigate them out of society.

Do that and I'll show you a fast healing process where color doesn't really matter but, civility and knowledge are honored and awarded.

It's that simple
I triple like this post! I so agree with your assessment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events