Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 03:07 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,316,296 times

Advertisements

I don't know but have been asking where is the parenting for some time now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 03:16 PM

91 posts, read 103,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
There is the possibility the guy is innocent and just made the plea bargain to get out of jail immediately settling for just his time already spent in jail, his subsequent 3 years in jail seems to be for parole violation and not the alleged sex crime that he denies.
If i were a juror i'd be hard pressed to sentence the man to the stigma of sexual predator for life based on the evidence i'm seeing here.
Yep...but the fact is, he WAS convicted of child molesting, and after a sentence for time served, was a no show, which shows he is irresponsible to boot... and served 3 years because of the same, which could mean he was afraid they had something more on him per the no show...

Hence the header the TV station ran under his video in the frame I posted....

I have a question that should settle any doubt, if there is....to sum, if you doubt, and feel this guy is "misunderstood", would you let him babysit your child for an evening?.....Be honest......

Old 12-11-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7ski View Post
What do I think? I think there's no justice.
Time served or 3 years for molesting a 9 yo? I think they need a new judge. Also, if that perv had a conscience, he would be sending that money to the victim for all the councilling he will be needing. And someone that would let their kid sleep with something that massive should be charged with endangerment.
That's what I think.
I agree..He should at least fund the childs' education thru college now.....

Imagine how that family and the child feels...this guy has a publishing clearinghouse grin on the pic,
and they are left with not a penny in damages and a lifetime of memories/pain, if he in fact did it...

Old 12-11-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Now that he has that money.....it has just started.

IMO.......there will be a civil case.
I am absolutely sure that some Florida pro bono lawyers, and plenty of others, have contacted the family. They are good at finding these people. That's why they make their money. I would bet the families mailbox is chock-full last few weeks...

Only question is how long the statue of limitations holds for this in Florida...if it is still viable, again, you bet this family has been contacted plenty already..

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Old 12-11-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
And it is obvious that my comment went WAY over your head. Read the Walburg thread. Many people believe that because he now has all this money, that he should pay some of it to the victims of his crimes, yet majority of the people in this thread agree with the fact that this guy has no reason to give money to the victim.
Evidentally Walburg blinded the victim(in one eye, but still blinded the victim in one eye).......that's pretty hardcore......Not sure how expungments on felonies work, but my understanding is that you can't get that done....you can only have them pardoned, ala Governors and Presidents....only.....

I doubt, per being seen as light on crime, any gov't figure will go near pardoning MW..

Old 12-11-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
It depends on the state.....

When the child becomes an adult.......in most states they can file a court action.

There are cases where adults won YEARS later.......because of oppressed memory.
In Chicago, we have had a number of ex-victims get compensation from the Catholic Archdiocese many years later, per priest molestations as children.....they were all well into adulthood....

So I see no reason this young man cannot get a piece of this guy's winnings now....I would imagine they are already putting a case together with lawyers as we speak...

This guy may end up with nothing, let along the fact people mentioned that after taxes, he is only getting a little over a mill as it is.....

Old 12-11-2014, 03:40 PM

2,062 posts, read 2,549,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galileo3210 View Post
Just actually happened...

It's a long story....

This guy was caught having sex in bed with the neighbors' boy. Evidentally it was a regular thing.
Long story short, he did just a little time, did his probation, and went to work as a dispatcher for
his mother's Taxi agency....after 2006, he had no further incidents, so, hopefully, he learned his lesson.

Anyway, the guy just won $3 Million, and is a Millionaire now......could not have happened to a nicer molester, eh?

Luck and fate evidently not on the side of justice....oh well...

Here is Timothy Dale Poole's mugshot....

And a pic of him celebrating his winnings, holding the proverbial "giant lotto check"....I suppose he still has to stay on the watch list, but I presume he does not care at this point, being a multi-millionaire..

Here is the story...he won the lotto last Saturday, Dec.6.......

Convicted sex predator wins $3 million lottery jackpot | News - Home

What do you folks on CD think about this?
He has the money now to buy a nice house but nowhere he is allowed to live.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
I said the same thing! Did the kid not have parents? Where were their brains? Sorry, but they are also responsible for this happening. Who let's their 9 year old have sleepovers with adults that aren't family?
This reminds me of the Michael Jackson "sleepovers", when Jacko had the parents drop the kids over for "sleepovers", and would get paid off with gifts....

I agree that, if the parents knew that this man was sleeping with the child in any way, they were culpable....but were they? Was this just babysitting? Overnight? Was the kid frightened to tell till later?

Something "smells in Denmark" just from these issues popping up period in this mans' life. I, nor anyone posting here, has presumably even heard of this happening to anyone they know. How many adults are accused of sleeping with kids, or do innocently? Again, it is extremely abnormal for this issue to pop up period.......

Old 12-11-2014, 04:01 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,994,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galileo3210 View Post
Evidentally Walburg blinded the victim(in one eye, but still blinded the victim in one eye).......that's pretty hardcore......Not sure how expungments on felonies work, but my understanding is that you can't get that done....you can only have them pardoned, ala Governors and Presidents....only.....

I doubt, per being seen as light on crime, any gov't figure will go near pardoning MW..
I agree. I don't think he will get the pardon. He is only trying to get the pardon because he wants to become a reserve police officer in LA. You cannot be a police officer with a felony (or something like that) on your record.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:16 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Michael Jackson:
Filthy rich
accused child molester.
Buys his way out
Dead

Timothy Dale Poole
Poor
accused Child molester
Jail time.
gets out
wins lottery
now rich.

So much for Karma!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events