Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 10:34 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,022,236 times

Advertisements

The man could be innocent. People do get accused of things that they don't do all the time. Child molestation charges are the hardest to beat as an innocent person because of things like this. People are ready to behead the man when they know absolutely nothing about the situation.

The more likely case is that he isn't innocent, but he still served the time that the court decided that he should serve. He has complied with registration laws. He hasn't been in trouble in eight years. He bought a lottery ticket just like any other over-18 citizen can, and he won. That's it. Let's not try to bring karma or torches into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 11:12 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,626,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Why? It's over. There's only so long you can sue someone for damages. You don't get the rest of your life. And the timing of this would be extremely suspicious and judges don't like when people act like jerks. The man did his time so what is the problem?
Quote:
Three words: Statute of Limitations
Quote:
Also depends on what their parents sign and do. In most states, you cannot file a suit YEARS later....well you can file, but you won't win and you're thrown out of court because of the Statute of Limitations. Maybe you should cite some case law?
Using Google, that took about 4.9 seconds. Statute of limitations does not apply.

I hope they bleed him for every single cent, and he never gets to spend a penny of it.

But having said that, I don't get where some of the outrage in this thread is coming from. OK, so he bought a lottery ticket, and he won. Yes, it's not really fair, but what do people propose to do about it? Life often is unfair, sometimes very unfair. What are we supposed to do - eliminate the lottery? Make it illegal for felons to buy lottery tickets? It's an imperfect world, and imperfect things happen from time to time. That's just the way it is. Who is there to be angry at, other than (obviously) the pedophile?

I would imagine that in this case, it will all work out for the best, because I'd be willing to bet the lawyers are lining up for a shot at this one. Hopefully he'll never get the chance to spend a dime of it.

Last edited by Mr. In-Between; 12-11-2014 at 11:45 PM..

Old 12-11-2014, 11:58 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,022,236 times
Wow, you seem like a brilliant Google lawyer. Not. It only took about 4.9 seconds to read your post and spot the part that says, "...or the offense is reported to a law enforcement agency, whichever occurs first..."

I'm assuming that it was reported to a law enforcement agency way back when he was charged with it...

Old 12-12-2014, 12:03 AM

214 posts, read 281,724 times
Don't know what to tell you other than

Sucks that it wasn't me

One has nothing to do with the other

Old 12-12-2014, 01:48 AM

23,218 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Far more worrisome, is the sexual abusers who will always be too damn smart go get caught! One of them could be living in your neighborhood, you've even met him, at some point in time, and you think he's the greatest neighbor you could ever ask for! Perhaps because he offered to shovel the snow out of your driveway one time or brought some delicious cookies to your house!

He served his time, and?

Old 12-12-2014, 05:00 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,422,324 times
If the parents had filed a civil suit this money would have been their son's. Even if someone has nothing, it's best to add a lawsuit to beef up the "justice" provided by criminal courts.

Old 12-12-2014, 05:03 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,422,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Another thing that bugs me is that Florida is the same state that almost sent Melissa Alexander to jail for 20 years for DEFENDING HERSELF against a man who physically abused and threatened to kill her for firing a WARNING shot that killed nor injured absolutely NO ONE. This guy sleeps with a 9 year old, commits sexual acts on him, gets 3 sweet years in jail, gets sexual counseling, gets a job then hits 3 million with the lotto.

I think I'll start praying to Satan now.
She wasn't defending herself. If she were she would have shot him. And if she was so scared of this guy why did she go to his home?

Old 12-12-2014, 06:24 AM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
He did his time, leave him alone!
NEVER!!

Old 12-12-2014, 06:34 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by tickyul View Post

He did his time, leave him alone!

NEVER!!
Rate this post positively

Exactly!!! That is why these monsters need to register as a sex offender. They cannot change the way they are wired. Interested in a 9 year old boy? Really. This guy needs to be monitored forever.

Old 12-12-2014, 06:59 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Using Google, that took about 4.9 seconds. Statute of limitations does not apply.

I hope they bleed him for every single cent, and he never gets to spend a penny of it.

But having said that, I don't get where some of the outrage in this thread is coming from. OK, so he bought a lottery ticket, and he won. Yes, it's not really fair, but what do people propose to do about it? Life often is unfair, sometimes very unfair. What are we supposed to do - eliminate the lottery? Make it illegal for felons to buy lottery tickets? It's an imperfect world, and imperfect things happen from time to time. That's just the way it is. Who is there to be angry at, other than (obviously) the pedophile?

I would imagine that in this case, it will all work out for the best, because I'd be willing to bet the lawyers are lining up for a shot at this one. Hopefully he'll never get the chance to spend a dime of it.
Thanks for looking that up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events