Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 05:47 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,561,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
so I take you would also hope that fat people not have any good luck either?
You missed my point by a mile. Can you imagine how defenseless a 9 year old would be against a fat POS like that? Don't let logic stand in the way of your thinking.

Last edited by budlight; 12-11-2014 at 06:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 06:20 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,932,486 times
The news outlets succeeded with this story.... it's just about a guy who won the lottery.... OH OH OH... BUT WAIT... he was a child molester! Lets point that out so we can get public outrage! Should we all start rioting the streets now?

Listen, of course what the guy did was absolutely horrible and a person's life is forever ruined by this. Blame the justice system for the short-time he served and now he's walking the streets amongst our nation's youth.

Sure, he could choose to provide money to the victim.... but no amount of money is going to change what happen, and help heal the wounds the victim will forever have in his mind.

Lets all just realize one thing though... at the end of the day... this story is simply about a guy who won the lottery. I guess for all of those sickened by it, maybe send prayers that he goes on a Big Mac eating binge and he keels over from a heart attack.

Old 12-11-2014, 06:25 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,561,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psurangers11 View Post
The news outlets succeeded with this story.... it's just about a guy who won the lottery.... OH OH OH... BUT WAIT... he was a child molester! Lets point that out so we can get public outrage! Should we all start rioting the streets now?

Listen, of course what the guy did was absolutely horrible and a person's life is forever ruined by this. Blame the justice system for the short-time he served and now he's walking the streets amongst our nation's youth.

Sure, he could choose to provide money to the victim.... but no amount of money is going to change what happen, and help heal the wounds the victim will forever have in his mind.

Lets all just realize one thing though... at the end of the day... this story is simply about a guy who won the lottery. I guess for all of those sickened by it, maybe send prayers that he goes on a Big Mac eating binge and he keels over from a heart attack.
I haven't seen any riots in the streets and I live in Florida. This is not Ferguson.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:01 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,843,355 times
Quote:
Poole went to prison after reportedly admitting that a family friend's
9-year-old would sleep in the same bed with him
What? Anyone question why the parents were letting their 9 yr. old sleep in the same bed with this guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
The guy that carries your groceries to your vehicle
What? They still do that?

Old 12-11-2014, 07:20 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,045,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galileo3210 View Post
It's a cold and callous universe out there.....

I totally feel the same when I see children with cancer, while awful people life full lives....keep in mind some top nazi leaders were hidden in Argentina for years, like Mengele, and lived in luxury and peace.....

Life simply is not fair......
Hey, I can see my house!

Old 12-11-2014, 08:26 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,616,818 times
So he did his time? What's the problem? Anyone can buy a lottery ticket. And I hate to break it to you, but he didn't actually receive 3 million bucks. Depending on his filings, he might be lucky to break a mil and a half. Don't be a hater because he won the lottery. Sounds like jealousy to me. It's not like he committed the crime last week....it was 8 years ago!

Old 12-11-2014, 08:32 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,276,377 times
Quote:
So a ex con is not allowed to play the lottery and win 3 million dollars?

Congratulations to him and I hope he spends it wisely.
I'm not getting the outrage, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
I simply can't understand the people who are happy for this guy and saying something along the lines of "Big deal, he served his time, he's trying to live an honest life now, let him be". I can't help but wonder if you people who support this guy is the same guy are either child molesters yourself or have fantasies of doing so. If not, you're just heartless and wouldn't understand until you have kids.Child molestation is just something I find unforgivable.
This post is ridiculous. You are leaping across the Grand Canyon here.

Quote:
Seriously? You have just accused a few posters of being child molesters because they don't agree with you?

Do you realize how many child molesters are never caught?
Do you know that any one of your friends, neighbors, relatives and co workers could be child molesters?
Do you understand that the woman who drives your kids school bus could be a child molester?
The guy that carries your groceries to your vehicle could also be a child molester as well as your Dentist. Do you understand that there is nothing that can be done about what the man in this story allegedly did?
The man was convicted, did his prison sentence and apparantly has not been in trouble with the law in a long time.
Legally he has paid his debt to society and has the expectation of being left alone, morally is another story.

What gives you the right to determine what should happen to him in his life?
What gives you the right to accuse others of being child molesters?
What gives you the right to tell anyone they are heartless and can't understand something because they don't have children without knowing if they do have children?
What gives you the right to tell anyone what to find unforgiveable?
Thank you. Some common sense.

To all of the outraged: Would you want a person to provide fingerprints before buying a lotto ticket? What do you propose that we do about this?

Old 12-11-2014, 08:35 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,616,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
I simply can't understand the people who are happy for this guy and saying something along the lines of "Big deal, he served his time, he's trying to live an honest life now, let him be". I can't help but wonder if you people who support this guy is the same guy are either child molesters yourself or have fantasies of doing so. If not, you're just heartless and wouldn't understand until you have kids.Child molestation is just something I find unforgivable.
Well, we're all not you. And no I don't begrudge him his winnings. His winnings have absolutely NOTHING to do with the crime he may have committed over a decade ago. He went to prison. He served his time. If he's done nothing since, then no I don't have an issue. Do I feel bad for the child? Yes, but I have to question where the kid's parents were and why they let him sleep in a man's bed! And no I am not a child molester nor do I have any fantasies about it. Ew.

The man served time so why can't he have a life now? Once you serve time, it's over! Time to move on. He didn't hurt any of us! And there's a TON of questions about the whole case. There's a great deal of fishy details. It's not so cut and dry like an episode of Law & Order.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:36 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,336,207 times
The child can file a court complaint......for damages......I hope his parents do this for him.

He should be about 17 now.......he can file in most states at 18 himself.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:39 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,336,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post

The man served time so why can't he have a life now? Once you serve time, it's over! Time to move on. He didn't hurt any of us! And there's a TON of questions about the whole case. There's a great deal of fishy details. It's not so cut and dry like an episode of Law & Order.
Now that he has that money.....it has just started.

IMO.......there will be a civil case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events