Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 01:27 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,171,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
Its anusing to see people complaining about the subject matter being a bad idea. Ironically you folks might fit in better in North Korea. NOT here in the land of the free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
People said Martin Luther King shouldn't have marched on Washington.. Should have just made the right decision and sat down and shut up.
I just have no words, so Kobe Bryant will sum up my thoughts on these two posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
That's fine if you don't like this movie, or CHOOSE not to see it. That's freedom.

But to think it's ok to cancel a movie because it's objectionable to someone is not ok. That's censorship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Actually, you are wrong. Sony owns the movie and it is their choice to not release the movie. Censorship would be if the government told them that they could not release the movie which isn't the case.
Thank you.

I didn't think it could get any worse. This forum has set a new low.

Someone really compared showing a movie about assassinating a world leader to MLK Jr. marching on Washington???? Did that really just happen ??? There must be a gas leak, somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
free speech is on the way down no sense in bashing the japanese, someone saying to used a racial slur 30 year ago can cost you your pension and job here.

...huh?

Old 12-18-2014, 01:36 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,990,455 times
And the foolishness continues...

Paramount Cancels*Team America Screenings*Because Everyone's a Coward

Old 12-18-2014, 01:56 PM

427 posts, read 430,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
It was irresponsible of Sony to make the movie in the first place. Why throw gasoline on the fire for the sake of a few yuks?

(And I have no doubt that it would have been a bad movie anyway.)
It's their right to make the movie if they wanted. You must be a fan of dictatorship and control.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:03 PM

12,968 posts, read 9,650,170 times
Yeah, they won the first cyber war, the future of things to come.

Last edited by ipaper; 12-18-2014 at 02:14 PM..

Old 12-18-2014, 02:08 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,835,280 times
The moment I saw the first trailer for this movie on TV I said to myself "What a stupid idea this one was ! Not only did the movie plot seem dumb, but what idiot at Sony came up with the idea that a movie about assassinating a living head of a country would be a good one.

Think about it, even though we all are not fans of North Korea, how would we feel if they made a movie about killing our President ? Yes, it is only a movie, but they don't have the same thought processes we do when it comes to freedom of expression and "it is only a movie." To them, they probably thought this movie was backed by the American Government, and something we are considering.

We waved a red flag in front of a crazy bull, and now we are surprised ????????? Very bad, very dumb idea. We didn't cave in, we came to our senses.

Don

Old 12-18-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The moment I saw the first trailer for this movie on TV I said to myself "What a stupid idea this one was ! Not only did the movie plot seem dumb, but what idiot at Sony came up with the idea that a movie about assassinating a living head of a country would be a good one.

Think about it, even though we all are not fans of North Korea, how would we feel if they made a movie about killing our President ? Yes, it is only a movie, but they don't have the same thought processes we do when it comes to freedom of expression and "it is only a movie." To them, they probably thought this movie was backed by the American Government, and something we are considering.

We waved a red flag in front of a crazy bull, and now we are surprised ????????? Very bad, very dumb idea. We didn't cave in, we came to our senses.

Don
You may not want to know the answer to that question.

I agree with you 100%, but some people are just so freaking dense, that they can't grasp this concept, and just spout off the most asinine things like "you support censorship and dictatorship" or my personal favorite, "go live [in that country]", in this case, North Korea.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:31 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Someone really compared showing a movie about assassinating a world leader to MLK Jr. marching on Washington???? Did that really just happen ??? There must be a gas leak, somewhere.
Thank you. I'm glad it's not just me.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:32 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8089 View Post
It's their right to make the movie if they wanted. You must be a fan of dictatorship and control.
Oh boy. Another kook who's completely twisting everything I say. Yes it's their right to make the movie. It's my right to think it was an irresponsible decision. How does responsibility equal dictatorship and control?

Old 12-18-2014, 02:47 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,783,390 times
I, also, think it was a bad idea to create a movie about assassinating a sitting leader. Especially one who leads a country with which we already have a strained relationship. As someone said, just because we CAN do something, doesn't mean we SHOULD do something. Common sense goes a long way. If they had made a movie about raping and killing Obama's kids, would that be alright? Sure, anyone has the freedom to do as they choose, but actions come with consequences...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events