Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2015, 01:41 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbutterfly View Post
...So why do so many Zimmerman supporters keep mentioning it as if it were relevant? ......
I'm glad you asked that.

Irrational behavior, in this case the blind belief that Zimmerman is completely guilty despite the trial simply absolutely requires illogical explanations and dismissal of the facts & law. GZ was persecuted because people thought he was White, not because of what happened.

Case in point. If GZ had been Black there would have been no outrage, no media blitz (which was so one sided & distorted that NBC had to fire people over the mis-truths), no protests, no race hucksters, no civil lawsuit, no Presidential pandering, etc. It would just be yet another Black killing a Black. It's a daily common occurrence in the USA now. Nobody would care except the relatives.

Hence, GZ was persecuted simply because of his skin color. No more, no less. But since that elephant in the room can never be said, then we get the wild theories which, as you note, have been put forth in this topic. It's quite fascinating and the parties here attempting clinical dissections of GZ should focus on this delusion instead.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 01-27-2015 at 01:52 AM..

Old 01-27-2015, 03:08 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,836,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I'm glad you asked that.

Irrational behavior, in this case the blind belief that Zimmerman is completely guilty despite the trial simply absolutely requires illogical explanations and dismissal of the facts & law. GZ was persecuted because people thought he was White, not because of what happened.

Case in point. If GZ had been Black there would have been no outrage, no media blitz (which was so one sided & distorted that NBC had to fire people over the mis-truths), no protests, no race hucksters, no civil lawsuit, no Presidential pandering, etc. It would just be yet another Black killing a Black. It's a daily common occurrence in the USA now. Nobody would care except the relatives.

Hence, GZ was persecuted simply because of his skin color. No more, no less. But since that elephant in the room can never be said, then we get the wild theories which, as you note, have been put forth in this topic. It's quite fascinating and the parties here attempting clinical dissections of GZ should focus on this delusion instead.
George Zimmerman is white, he is of the Caucasian race, and self identifies as Caucasian. His birth certificate and census records no doubt list him as Caucasian. He may be partially of Hispanic ethnicity, but he is white. Wild theories to the contrary, there was no persecution and the prosecution was function of a grand jury. Look in your mirror for delusions.

You seem to have a penchant for these racially charged remarks as the peculiar "black glasses" comments you have made multiple times, whatever that means. Let me be perfectly clear - I was disturbed by this story when I first heard it because it seemed to be a case that required a complete investigation which was initially not forthcoming. I don't believe a low level police official should have the authority to decide if a killing should be investigated based on a perfunctory glance at an episode, particularly when the only description of the event came from the lips of the killer.

As I learned more about specifics of the case my concern was that an innocent boy out for a snack was stalked and eventually shot by a cop wannabe. I later learned that the killer had a history of bullying, aggressive behavior and, while claiming he led a Neighborhood Watch group, actually was more of a renegade who eschewed the regulations of that group regarding training, procedures and weapons use. When I learned that on the night he killed Martin he had a current prescription for drugs known to cause mental or mood problems (eg, aggression, anxiety, delusions, depression, hallucination, hostility), I was sure a complete investigation was imperative.

While I can speak for no one else here, the fact that the dead kid was black is totally immaterial to me.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:24 AM

1,077 posts, read 872,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
In post 929 you wrote:

"As far as TM falling to his knees, tells me both were standing when fatal shot fired."

I don't think the state proved its case; to normal people, that doesn't = GZ's a stand up guy.

Your statement that no medical report was submitted indicating GZ suffered a fractured nose is it for me. Nobody who followed the trial or even the discovery with a fair mind can make that claim. A real Warrior for Truth would know better
bbm/R what's that supposed to mean? A real Warrior for Truth?

GZ was told to follow up with an ENT..no XRays/MRI/CT scan were taken so there is no 'real' proof, only the words of a liar, is my belief..

I've seen a person with a fractured nose and their eyes look as if they got a beating for sure, black/blue/purple eyes..it also appears to me, the Z family have that trait with dark circles under the eyes..

Old 01-27-2015, 06:32 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,210,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post

GZ was told to follow up with an ENT..no XRays/MRI/CT scan were taken so there is no 'real' proof, only the words of a liar, is my belief..

I've seen a person with a fractured nose and their eyes look as if they got a beating for sure, black/blue/purple eyes..it also appears to me, the Z family have that trait with dark circles under the eyes..

^ That is because they are hispanic, not white. FYI

Old 01-27-2015, 07:55 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
George Zimmerman is white, he is of the Caucasian race, and self identifies as Caucasian. His birth certificate and census records no doubt list him as Caucasian.....
As much as you deny it, you just proved my entire post. Thank you.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:49 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post

Z did have two black eyes per the medical report, but I'm agreeing with you. Whether his nose was broken, fractured, or neither, the injuries weren't too serious, certainly not life threatening, nor as bad as I'd expect from how he described the pounding.

That basically still leaves us with, you believing he wasn't under TM feeling his life was in danger, and me not persuaded by the evidence he wasn't. You believing Z followed TM to confront him with a gun; me believing Z was returning to his car when TM decided to return and confront him.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:42 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,238,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post

You seem to have a penchant for these racially charged remarks as the peculiar "black glasses" comments you have made multiple times, whatever that means. Let me be perfectly clear - I was disturbed by this story when I first heard it because it seemed to be a case that required a complete investigation which was initially not forthcoming. I don't believe a low level police official should have the authority to decide if a killing should be investigated based on a perfunctory glance at an episode, particularly when the only description of the event came from the lips of the killer.

As I learned more about specifics of the case my concern was that an innocent boy out for a snack was stalked and eventually shot by a cop wannabe. I later learned that the killer had a history of bullying, aggressive behavior and, while claiming he led a Neighborhood Watch group, actually was more of a renegade who eschewed the regulations of that group regarding training, procedures and weapons use. When I learned that on the night he killed Martin he had a current prescription for drugs known to cause mental or mood problems (eg, aggression, anxiety, delusions, depression, hallucination, hostility), I was sure a complete investigation was imperative.

While I can speak for no one else here, the fact that the dead kid was black is totally immaterial to me.
Thank you Koko, you saved me writing a long post. Let me make it clear to the poster you quoted, I am white and I believe GZ hunted down and murdered Trayvon. I don't see color or care, when I see that a crime was committed. Why in the world would it matter?

Old 01-27-2015, 11:06 AM

On utube, there is a man who made it his mission to prove GZ is a cold blooded killer and imo did. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post his name, but there are LL's an M and Papa. One thing I'm convinced of and so mad that the prosecutors didn't bring into court, is Trayvon's shirt was being pulled down when he was shot.

Here's what I believe and you GZ supporters can have at me. GZ was in a horrid mood because Shelly went to stay at her dads. He went out probably to drive by the dads house when he spotted Trayvon. Went into rent-a-cop mode and followed and scared TM. Went TM almost made it home safe, GZ demanded he answer his questions. TM had no reason to answer or trust this creepy guy and tried to leave. GZ got furious, grabbed his shirt and murdered him.

And as far as his nose and "injuries". Remember he had no plans to even go to a dr. until he needed to for work.

Rather than fix my mistakes, let me explain I was on the phone during this post. : ) Sorry if its hard to read.

Last edited by breeinmo.; 01-27-2015 at 11:18 AM..

Old 01-27-2015, 11:11 AM

244 posts, read 248,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
Thank you Koko, you saved me writing a long post. Let me make it clear to the poster you quoted, I am white and I believe GZ hunted down and murdered Trayvon. I don't see color or care, when I see that a crime was committed. Why in the world would it matter?
I'm white enough to cause snow blindness and I haven't a shadow of a doubt the killer earned his charge of 2nd degree murder the old-fashioned way, by committing it. I will also add with extreme confidence that had George been black - actually black, not "Zimmerman family black" - and Trayvon white, the killer would already be serving 25 to life.

I wouldn't think twice about the broken nose business, Amythyst. If it makes the Zimmerman supporters feel better to think the killer had a diagnosed schnozz fracture, who are we to soil their narrative with facts?

Last edited by Bellflower; 01-27-2015 at 12:22 PM..

Old 01-27-2015, 11:20 AM

Bellflower, you made me laugh on a sad thread. You did remind me to wonder what happened to the "black" kids GZ mentored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events