Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2015, 07:32 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post

TM was never in trouble with the law, was suspended for tardiness.

so, choosing between the two, it appears to me GZ is the thug.
TM was suspended for having weed in school; vandalism; missing school [not tardiness]; had 'his friend's' women's jewelry in his book bag and refused to disclose his 'friend's' name. I'll skip his social media stuff and various allegations about his hobbies and parents. The only reason he had no official trouble with the law was the school's policy of avoiding putting students into the criminal justice system whenever possible, even though they broke the law.

GZ's life at age 28 was examined with a fine tooth comb. TM's, at age 17, was off-limits except for what was leaked.

Neither was a 'thug' in my view. I do think TM for the 6 months-year before his death was a troubled teen.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:33 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,083,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty
Hard to tell dead people things. Maybe his "parents" should have done a better job of this while he was still alive. No point now. No matter.

He acted like a Thug, died like a Thug. Nothing usual about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Skittles, iced tea and walking in the rain. That's a thug for sure.
GZ didn't know he was carrying iced tea and Skittles, and even if he did, when and where does it state that carrying such items means you are not a thug? Did Chris Rock put out a video about how not to look like a thug?

Old 01-30-2015, 07:48 AM

1,077 posts, read 871,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
TM was suspended for having weed in school; vandalism; missing school [not tardiness]; had 'his friend's' women's jewelry in his book bag and refused to disclose his 'friend's' name. I'll skip his social media stuff and various allegations about his hobbies and parents. The only reason he had no official trouble with the law was the school's policy of avoiding putting students into the criminal justice system whenever possible, even though they broke the law.

GZ's life at age 28 was examined with a fine tooth comb. TM's, at age 17, was off-limits except for what was leaked.

Neither was a 'thug' in my view. I do think TM for the 6 months-year before his death was a troubled teen.
It was an empty bag with some residue, never arrested. He was suspended for the graffiti, tardiness and truancy. He didn't like this new school his mother transferred him to.

I think TM was going through a rebellious stage, as most teens do. He had good grades, had wanted to be a pilot or airline mechanic, he had his entire future wiped out by the demented, delusional, violent GZ.

GZ's life had nothing but violence attached to it. The bouncer days, the harassment of a coworker, an ex fiancé. Out of the two, GZ is the troubled one.

Trayvon Martin Suspended From School Three Times: Report | NBC 6 South Florida

Old 01-30-2015, 08:02 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
.... He had good grades,.....
What is your proof of this? His parents and lawyers fought hard to keep his school records secret and sealed. It's an odd position to take for someone that has been said to have such good grades.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:45 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
It was an empty bag with some residue, never arrested. He was suspended for the graffiti, tardiness and truancy. He didn't like this new school his mother transferred him to.

I think TM was going through a rebellious stage, as most teens do. He had good grades, had wanted to be a pilot or airline mechanic, he had his entire future wiped out by the demented, delusional, violent GZ.

GZ's life had nothing but violence attached to it. The bouncer days, the harassment of a coworker, an ex fiancé. Out of the two, GZ is the troubled one.

Trayvon Martin Suspended From School Three Times: Report | NBC 6 South Florida
The good grades, honor roll, pilot stuff ? He barely attended school.

Maybe 'most' teens in his neighborhood have his type of school record. Fortunately, most teens don't.

Keep in mind, TM's life wasn't examined the way GZ's was, for example: was he in a fight club; where'd that jewelry really come from; why'd mom kick him out of the house; did mom and dad even know about their son's 'rebellious' behavior.

If this is a battle of who had the more nasty past, GZ at age 28 or TM at age 17, I'll go with GZ.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:56 AM

244 posts, read 248,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
[/i]

GZ didn't know he was carrying iced tea and Skittles, and even if he did, when and where does it state that carrying such items means you are not a thug? Did Chris Rock put out a video about how not to look like a thug?
What someone buys at a convenience store is nobody's business; it was most certainly not the business of the Gladys Kravitz of The Retreat at Twin Lakes. And even if Trayvon Martin were this mythical "thug" dreamed up by O'Mara's racist flock of treehouse cuckoos, as long as the thug is not in the commission of a crime or wanted on outstanding warrants, he is free to walk to the 7-11, purchase candy and a drink and return home without interference from a gun-toting Nosy McNoserson.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:25 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,083,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellflower View Post
What someone buys at a convenience store is nobody's business; it was most certainly not the business of the Gladys Kravitz of The Retreat at Twin Lakes. And even if Trayvon Martin were this mythical "thug" dreamed up by O'Mara's racist flock of treehouse cuckoos, as long as the thug is not in the commission of a crime or wanted on outstanding warrants, he is free to walk to the 7-11, purchase candy and a drink and return home without interference from a gun-toting Nosy McNoserson.
You are saying the same thing I am but for A different reason. The skittles and iced tea have nothing to do with what happened either way.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:47 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
this just in.

George Zimmerman assault case dropped; ex-girlfriend recants

Old 01-30-2015, 09:47 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,794,861 times
Once again, the innocent man goes free as the baseless charges are dropped.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:56 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellflower View Post
... he is free to walk to the 7-11, purchase candy and a drink and return home .....
Of course he is free to do this. i.e. distraction fallacy

He isn't free to do is attack someone. He was shot dead for that, not because of his diet of skittles & tea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events