Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2015, 12:30 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,191,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
You keep posting that, as if it's a defense for telling blatant, demonstrable lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
Everyone who's chimed in on this thread, I'd like you to answer a simple question with a simple "yes" or "no":

Do you think it is reasonable to kill someone for stealing a car (this is their only crime, they haven't assaulted you or threatened your person)?
In that context? No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 12:58 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,667,786 times
Quote:
Everyone who's chimed in on this thread, I'd like you to answer a simple question with a simple "yes" or "no":

Do you think it is reasonable to kill someone for stealing a car (this is their only crime, they haven't assaulted you or threatened your person)?
Your question is much like, "You must answer yes or no, do you still beat your wife."

If a thief steals a car and is later apprehended, of course he shouldn't be killed.

If a thief is actively stealing a person's car, I believe the owner has the right to shoot and kill that person to prevent the theft of their car.

Would I shoot a person stealing my car if I felt there was no threat to me or my family? No. But that doesn't mean others do not have that right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
You keep posting that, as if it's a defense for telling blatant, demonstrable lies.
It's been well documented who lied. It was you. You made up that first "quote" by me.

It was on page 13, post 123. It's the one where the fraudulent quote has been removed.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/curre...ealing-13.html

Old 02-12-2015, 01:05 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,191,408 times
Quote:
It's been well documented who lied. It was you. You made up that first "quote" by me.

It was on page 13, post 123. It's the one where the fraudulent quote has been removed.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/curre...ealing-13.html
Right. I made a joke at your expense so that means the lies you tell are excused. If you would just stop telling lies about this story I wouldn't have to keep calling you out.

Old 02-12-2015, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Right. I made a joke at your expense so that means the lies you tell are excused. If you would just stop telling lies about this story I wouldn't have to keep calling you out.
I have told no lies.

Get over it.

Old 02-12-2015, 01:16 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,707,608 times
Quote:
Everyone who's chimed in on this thread, I'd like you to answer a simple question with a simple "yes" or "no": Do you think it is reasonable to kill someone for stealing a car (this is their only crime, they haven't assaulted you or threatened your person)?
Nothing is this simple and relative to the topic quite a fallacious question.

If a thug is brave enough to steal your vehicle while you are there, then you have to assume them dangerous and getting ready to attack you. They are, after all, committing a violent crime since you are present. Thus, it's perfectly reasonable for you to defend yourself and shoot the crook before they shoot you.

It's called self defense.

Old 02-12-2015, 01:27 PM

102,254 posts, read 108,199,089 times
Quote:
Your question is much like, "You must answer yes or no, do you still beat your wife."

If a thief steals a car and is later apprehended, of course he shouldn't be killed.

If a thief is actively stealing a person's car, I believe the owner has the right to shoot and kill that person to prevent the theft of their car.

Would I shoot a person stealing my car if I felt there was no threat to me or my family? No. But that doesn't mean others do not have that right.
Is there a reason that some people think the only way to stop someone from stealing their car is to murder the thief?

All you have to do is shoot one of the tires. Duh.

Is there something about gun ownership that causes people to dumb down?

Old 02-12-2015, 01:32 PM

102,254 posts, read 108,199,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nothing is this simple and relative to the topic quite a fallacious question.

If a thug is brave enough to steal your vehicle while you are there, then you have to assume them dangerous and getting ready to attack you. They are, after all, committing a violent crime since you are present. Thus, it's perfectly reasonable for you to defend yourself and shoot the crook before they shoot you.

It's called self defense.
Nope, not self defense. You're not present if you're at home and asleep, or getting ready for bed, or zoned out in front of the TV. The crime took place at around 1:00 a.m. The thieves may routinely strike at that time, thinking most people are asleep then. It would be an erroneous assumption that the thieves are getting ready to attack someone who's in the house and assumed to be asleep. Notice that in the case in question, the thieves did not attack the car owner & his brother when they rushed outside and then jumped in another car. So there was no "self-defense" to be invoked. You're just wrong all around. The brothers could have shot out the rear tires at any time, including when they were in hot pursuit. Taking a life was not necessary at any point. Hopefully the grand jury will figure that out.

Old 02-12-2015, 01:44 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,707,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Nope, not self defense.
LOL, you completely ignore what I said, come up with a completely different scenario, then tell me that I'm wrong.

Try again son. Nobody is playing that nonsense. Then again, so was the entire premise behind what I was responding to.

Apologists will come up with anything to coddle the criminals and to vilify the victim trying to defend themselves, their family and property.

Old 02-12-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Is there a reason that some people think the only way to stop someone from stealing their car is to murder the thief?

All you have to do is shoot one of the tires. Duh.

Is there something about gun ownership that causes people to dumb down?
You're going to ask about "dumb down" after "shoot one of the tires"?

In Texas, if you shoot at one of the tires, and it ricochets and kills the thief. You will most likely be charged with manslaughter.

In Texas, if you intentionally shoot a thief in the leg, that is going to get you charged with intentional maiming.

BTW, a flat tire will not prevent a thief from running you over with your car.

Additionally, the last thing I want to be doing is having a shot ricocheting off the ground or a metal car rim.

Old 02-12-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
The brothers could have shot out the rear tires at any time, including when they were in hot pursuit.
If they had a shot gun it would be very difficult to shoot out a tire while in hot pursuit. If they had a pistol, it would be incredibly hard to the point of it being a very lucky shot. Meanwhile, who knows to where the bullets might ricochet off.

I'm assuming most of your gun knowledge comes from tv and movies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events