Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2015, 12:35 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,572,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I'm not familiar with the legalities but most people do not like to be photographed or filmed by strangers regardless of the situation. This is especially for children. I have heard concerns from parents about strangers unintentionally or innocently getting their children in a video or photo.

You may be unfamiliar but in public it's open game
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
When a FA tossed you peanuts, you were probably expecting the toss and were prepared to receive them. That's different than THROWING them at you without you indicating that you wanted them.

I fly often too. They aren't always sealed. They're supposed to be, but they're also not supposed to be thrown. It happens.
Tossing or throwing a blanket isn't assault

Old 03-12-2015, 12:41 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,269,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Tossing or throwing a blanket isn't assault
Use whatever word you want ... A FA THROWING anything at a customer is WRONG and their employer would be hearing about it.

Old 03-12-2015, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Use whatever word you want ... A FA THROWING anything at a customer is WRONG and their employer would be hearing about it.
I don't disagree with anything here

Old 03-12-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
I don't disagree with anything here
Well gee, thanks. I'm glad you're finally satisfied with the way I worded it.

Old 03-12-2015, 12:51 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,298,730 times
Quote:
If I walked up to my boss and threw something at her (regardless of what it is) she'd have me written up for assault. Whether it's the "legal" definition or not, it would wind up in my file. Feel free to pick another word if you like.
Words have specific meanings. It is how people communicate. You don't get to choose your own meaning.

Quote:
It's not something any employer wants their employee doing to a customer.
Well that is just wrong too.

Lambert's Cafe - The Only Home of Throwed Rolls - Sikeston, MO | Ozark, MO | Foley, AL

Old 03-12-2015, 12:59 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,953,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't want to see boobs and nipples either and I'm a woman. Manners is the issue, some people don't believe in doing anything they personally don't want to do no matter how much they know it bothers other people. Those people are the worst and deserve to be shamed. Not for the boob, for the bad manners.

When you share your space with others you don't get to do whatever you want. Sorry everyone.
I agree. Sure, breasts aren't necessarily sexual organs at all. Feeding is their primary purpose, in fact. In America, it is considered nudity for a woman to expose her breasts. The logic (or illogic) of this is another matter entirely. It's simple courtesy for a breastfeeding mom to cover up when she's doing it. The flight attendant should definitely not have thrown the blanket at that woman, however.

Old 03-12-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Words have specific meanings. It is how people communicate. You don't get to choose your own meaning.

Well that is just wrong too.

Lambert's Cafe - The Only Home of Throwed Rolls - Sikeston, MO | Ozark, MO | Foley, AL

You're going to say "words have specific meanings" and then cite some business that thinks "throwed" is a word?

Old 03-12-2015, 01:06 PM

804 posts, read 1,074,980 times
I have never seen a wemon breastfeed uncovered?

Old 03-12-2015, 01:07 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,337,949 times
Quote:
You're going to say "words have specific meanings" and then site some business that thinks "throwed" is a word?
Do you mean "cite" some business?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events