Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2015, 11:23 AM

387 posts, read 588,963 times

Advertisements

how long was the flight? how old was the kid?
could she not pumped it out before leaving the house? anything for attention these days i guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 11:23 AM

672 posts, read 789,154 times
Somebody needs a hug

Old 03-12-2015, 11:26 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,359,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 404Error View Post
could she not pumped it out before leaving the house? anything for attention these days i guess.
According to the article, the baby was five months old, and the flight was Houston to Vancouver, which is just shy of a five-hour flight.

Some women don't use bottles at all. I didn't. My kids went straight from nursing to open cup. We didn't even have sippy cups.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:26 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,524,309 times
Quote:
is all I have to say.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:32 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times
But why does breastfeeding make people uncomfortable? For Pete's sake that's what **** are for, its natural and what women had to do until the 1900's. Women don't feed their babies in public for attention, its kind of a necessity. As a nation we really need to get over it already.

For those who are saying how nasty and unhealthy planes are how is it more of a health concern to nurse than to use a bottle? The nipple on the bottle seem to me would have more exposure time.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:32 AM

506 posts, read 426,192 times
Quote:
The best thing for the child is to get the milk directly from the breast, it is amazing that you expect people to go out of there way so they don't make a few hardcore morons uncomfortable.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:34 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,270,011 times
I can't figure out why it was an issue. On a plane, the only people who would have been able to see she was breastfeeding are the people seated beside her. One was her husband, and the other could have just pulled out the Skymall mag and ignored her. Anyone else had to be making a special effort to crane around to see her feeding.

Regardless of how anyone feels about what she was doing, the flight attendant handled it terribly. If an FA threw one of those disgusting vile germ-fest airline blankets at me, I'd be contacting the airline to file an assault complaint.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:41 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,574,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Uh, as a private citizen I would have an issue with any individual I did not know pointing a camera at me regardless of the circumstances. I understand that there are security cameras all over the place, but an individual filming me without my permission? I am definitely not okay with that.

As a private citizen you lose your right to privacy when you are in public. It doesn't really matter if you would have issue with it, just as it wouldn't matter if you had issue with a women breast feeding.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:43 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,574,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
I can't figure out why it was an issue. On a plane, the only people who would have been able to see she was breastfeeding are the people seated beside her. One was her husband, and the other could have just pulled out the Skymall mag and ignored her. Anyone else had to be making a special effort to crane around to see her feeding.

Regardless of how anyone feels about what she was doing, the flight attendant handled it terribly. If an FA threw one of those disgusting vile germ-fest airline blankets at me, I'd be contacting the airline to file an assault complaint.

An assault complaint? Lol it wasn't thrown at the mom and even if it was, assault? The dramatics some people jump to

Old 03-12-2015, 11:48 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,270,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
An assault complaint? Lol it wasn't thrown at the mom and even if it was, assault? The dramatics some people jump to
It was thrown at the dad. Why should the FA be throwing a blanket at someone anyway? Yes, it's assault. Those things are filthy, and I don't want them touching me.

Notice, I'm not talking about filing legal charges. I'm talking about a complaint to their employer. A FA throwing ANYTHING at a passenger (other than perhaps a life vest in an emergency situation!) would be assault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events