Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2015, 01:27 PM

506 posts, read 426,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
That's quite a stretch just because someone doesn't want to see your leaky milk-engorged boob. Just because it's natural doesn't mean we should "glory" in it. Do you take glory in your bowel movements? But that's natural

Also, here in Deep South where many new mothers are morbidly obese I think I speak for everyone when I say, eww. Newsflash, not everyone thinks breastfeeding is glorious. Don't be rude, do your thing just cover up like a decent person.

There is nothing rude about a mother breastfeeding her child, what is rude is asking her to cover up because some people are not able to look away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 01:29 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,619,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
There is nothing rude about a mother breastfeeding her child, what is rude is asking her to cover up because some people are not able to look away.
It is rude if a large percentage of people are offended by it. A simple solution is to cover up.

Old 03-12-2015, 01:30 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,209,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
She was in tight quarters on a plane, where everyone faces forward, and her husband was seated next to her. Nobody saw anything unless they were making a concerted effort to gawk. I'd have to turn myself into a pretzel to see who is occupying the middle seat directly across the aisle in an Airbus A320. This is much ado about nothing.
True....I am not defending anyone in this situation....But, the steward saw, and anyone walking down the isle could have.....Just saying.....
They both could take a lesson in discretion in my book

Old 03-12-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
It is rude if a large percentage of people are offended by it. A simple solution is to cover up.

No, a simple solution would be for the people offended by the sight of breastfeeding to not look at it occurring if it troubles them so very deeply. You don't have a right to not be offended.

Old 03-12-2015, 01:41 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,555,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
No, a simple solution would be for the people offended by the sight of breastfeeding to not look at it occurring if it troubles them so very deeply. You don't have a right to not be offended.
Let me guess, a guy walking down the street with his dingaling hanging out for all to see....not ofensive. Some chick walking around with her hootch all out in the open, not offensive. Someone taking a pee or a poop on the sidewalk, not offensive.

It's called manners. Apparently some were born without them.

Old 03-12-2015, 01:43 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,095 times
Quote:
How would a large percentage of people on a plane be offended by it? Only one or two people would even be able to see it. She wasn't standing up in the aisle swinging her boobs around.

Old 03-12-2015, 01:45 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Let me guess, a guy walking down the street with his dingaling hanging out for all to see....not ofensive. Some chick walking around with her hootch all out in the open, not offensive. Someone taking a pee or a poop on the sidewalk, not offensive.

It's called manners. Apparently some were born without them.
She wasn't walking around. She wasn't out in the open. She was confined into the small space of her seat where pretty much no one could see her except for a FA who shouldn't have made a big deal.

Old 03-12-2015, 01:49 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,555,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
She wasn't walking around. She wasn't out in the open. She was confined into the small space of her seat where pretty much no one could see her except for a FA who shouldn't have made a big deal.
I realize this is a story about this one incident but I'm talking in general. I have seen women breastfeeding AND changing diapers in public, & I'm not talking in a public restroom. right out in the open. It's disgusting. And that is where my "let me guess" came into play. It's a double standard.

Old 03-12-2015, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
True....I am not defending anyone in this situation....But, the steward saw, and anyone walking down the isle could have.....Just saying.....
They both could take a lesson in discretion in my book
Well, who cares if anybody saw what was occurring? It's not like she was dismembering a body.

Old 03-12-2015, 01:54 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,277 times
Fourteen pages of ridiculous assumptions, indignation, analysis and argument over a cranky FA having a bad day and taking it out on a passenger. It's really nothing more than that. This happens to people for numerous reasons every day on flights all over the world. No one is immune to a flight attendant in a bad mood. It's not a concerted effort to rob a mother of the right to feed her child. It's just a guy in a crappy mood being a jerk who maybe needs to find another line of work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events