Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2015, 04:08 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,810,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
That looks like a socialized kitten, not a feral cat.

Feral cat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A feral cat is a domesticated cat that has returned to the wild, or the descendants of such an animal. It is distinguished from a stray cat, which is a pet cat that has been lost or abandoned, while feral cats have never been socialized. The offspring of a stray cat can be considered feral if born in the wild.[1] In many parts of the world, feral cats are the offspring of unaltered domestic cats.
She was not a socialized kitten. We needed oven mitts to bring her inside and heavy duty rubber gloves to bathe her. That pic was taken after she exhausted herself struggling and then was given kitten formula by a syringe so she had a full tummy. She fell asleep in my arms after a frightening day. We noticed her outside on the 4th of July with fireworks going off everywhere. She was terrified.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:20 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
No, I was curious what your intention was because you didn't make that clear in your previous posts. It almost came across like only those who are vegetarians are entitled to be outraged by the murder of the cat. But you clarified it above, so now I know.
That is how it came across and I'm a pescetarian myself.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:24 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,437,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
That looks like a socialized kitten, not a feral cat.

Feral cat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A feral cat is a domesticated cat that has returned to the wild, or the descendants of such an animal. It is distinguished from a stray cat, which is a pet cat that has been lost or abandoned, while feral cats have never been socialized. The offspring of a stray cat can be considered feral if born in the wild.[1] In many parts of the world, feral cats are the offspring of unaltered domestic cats.

I know someone who volunteers at an animal shelter. He has been able to take in two feral cats and keep them as pets. As far as he knows, they were not originally owned by anyone but were older feral kittens, the very types who are supposedly never able to be domesticated.

While it is true that they usually can't be there are always exceptions to every rule and his two are exceptions. It wasn't easy and he had to work with them for a long time but they came around. They will respond only to him and will run and hide from any visitors but then will come into the room after guests have quietly settled in. They are getting more and more used to other humans every day but will probably never be as friendly and outgoing as cats raised by humans in a home from birth.

He also has two feral cats living in a shelter he built in his backyard just for them. They have been spayed and neutered and do not roam as intact cats would. He is working to try and get them used to people. He may or may not succeed with these but anything is possible. His neighbors support him in this.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:09 PM

573 posts, read 585,464 times
I Lol'ed a little. Honestly there are too many damn strays running around, someone needs to kill them all. However if this was someone's pet, I can see where it may have gone too far.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:11 PM

573 posts, read 585,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That is how it came across and I'm a pescetarian myself.
My fiancee's boss is a Pescatarian, and he is ****ing weird. I hope you aren't weird.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:20 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,207,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveswater_outdoors View Post
My fiancee's boss is a Pescatarian, and he is ****ing weird. I hope you aren't weird.

people that have food issues,,,, and very picky eaters,,, are usually very high maintenance - and messed up,,,
they use this as a cleansing scapegoat for some deep-seeded issues and then have the audacity to preach to us,,,98 % of the population that isn't vegan

I do know of one vegetarian I like... she doesn't preach ..,,not an Angry Vegan ...they are rare but do exist

Old 04-26-2015, 10:19 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,437,452 times
Moderator cut: off topic

Back to the original subject, I just looked at the page where the signatures for the petition to have her veterinary license revoked are being colleted. They have 115,250 and need 116,000.

There are signatures from Malaysia, the UK, Italy, Poland, France, The Netherlands, Canada and other countries besides those in the US. The comments made state that no one wants to see this monster any where near any animals let alone allow her to handle anyone's precious pets in the guise of "treating" them in her practice.

Well, she wanted an award. She has received enough notoriety to last a lifetime. She got what she deserved. She will be hounded for the rest of her life. Karma really is a byatch.

Last edited by Marka; 04-27-2015 at 04:28 AM..

Old 04-26-2015, 11:31 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,475,281 times
Wow, just wow, I am just glad this sociopath was so proud to post her "work" on FB.

That's actually how a lot of them get caught they can't help but "brag about their accomplishments".

Old 04-27-2015, 01:59 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,159,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
My point is that it is hypocritical for someone to be so opposed to this woman killing a cat if they eat meat.
It's not hypocritical, for one simple reason. We don't eat companion animals like cats, and we avoid becoming emotionally attached to livestock that are being raised for slaughter.

Quote:
By eating meat, one takes the position that it is okay to kill animals even when it is clearly not necessary.
It is necessary to kill an animal before its meat is processed, prepared, and eaten.

Quote:
What is humane killing?
Instant death, so that there is no suffering.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:03 AM

1,770 posts, read 1,661,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
It's not hypocritical, for one simple reason. We don't eat companion animals like cats, and we avoid becoming emotionally attached to livestock that are being raised for slaughter.
That is a completely arbitrary definition. There is no logical basis to it. In some countries cows are companion animals and in some countries people frequently eat cat.

Quote:
It is necessary to kill an animal before its meat is processed, prepared, and eaten.
It isn't necessary to eat meat.

You know very well that the vast majority of animals eaten for food experience suffering during their lives and during their death. Death certainly isn't an instantaneous process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events