Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2015, 05:16 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,643,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post

By eating meat, one takes the position that it is okay to kill animals even when it is clearly not necessary.
Really? How do YOU know what 'one's' position is?

This is one of the most ridiculous statements I've read on this thread.

Just reading the posts from different people who most likely eat meat but are horrified by what this vet did will show you that your premise (stated above) is absolutely false.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:13 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Actually, it would be the fault of the shooter, since that was an action they took. There are other ways to get unwanted wandering pets off your land, ways that don't involve shooting it. That killing a cat or a dog would be a person's first solution to getting it off their property speaks volumes about the property owner, none of them good.
I'm certainly not an advocate of killing any animal...but you tell me, how we were supposed to keep our neighbors cats out of our gardens and off our property?

Yanno, sometimes people think they have all the answers....

this whole thread has gotten ridiculous....sinking to the level of a lack of intellent common sense

yes, this woman did wrong, she sure did, but the hate here is just beyond my comprehension

have you ever smelled cat ****, when a cat keeps going to the bathroom in one area?

I don't like cats....b/c of neighbors who allow their cats to run free and stink up my yard.....

could never kill one like this woman did, but it is unfair of anyone who leaves their cats run free, law or not....it is down right disrespect for everyone else....

but today, people don't care about the trickle effect of their actions and how they affect the lives of others....

Old 04-26-2015, 06:38 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,280,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I'm certainly not an advocate of killing any animal...but you tell me, how we were supposed to keep our neighbors cats out of our gardens and off our property?

Yanno, sometimes people think they have all the answers....

this whole thread has gotten ridiculous....sinking to the level of a lack of intellent common sense

yes, this woman did wrong, she sure did, but the hate here is just beyond my comprehension

have you ever smelled cat ****, when a cat keeps going to the bathroom in one area?

I don't like cats....b/c of neighbors who allow their cats to run free and stink up my yard.....

could never kill one like this woman did, but it is unfair of anyone who leaves their cats run free, law or not....it is down right disrespect for everyone else....

but today, people don't care about the trickle effect of their actions and how they affect the lives of others....
Talk to your neighbors (we're talking about pets/domesticated animals here, not vermin.) Let them know that this issue is important enough to you to take further action, like ...
Call Animal Control.
Borrow a humane trap, take trapped animal to pound.

Breaking the law by shooting your neighbor's pet, and in states like Texas, at least, shooting a feral domesticated animal, is pretty much a bad idea. Poisoning said animals would also be verboten.

Honestly, I fail to understand why the most violent approach should ever be considered as the first line of defense, especially since it's also illegal.

Last edited by Emeraldmaiden; 04-26-2015 at 06:39 AM.. Reason: last sentence added.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Talk to your neighbors (we're talking about pets/domesticated animals here, not vermin.) Let them know that this issue is important enough to you to take further action, like ...
Call Animal Control.
Borrow a humane trap, take trapped animal to pound.

Breaking the law by shooting your neighbor's pet, and in states like Texas, at least, shooting a feral domesticated animal, is pretty much a bad idea. Poisoning said animals would also be verboten.

Honestly, I fail to understand why the most violent approach should ever be considered as the first line of defense, especially since it's also illegal.
where did I say I advocated shooting an animaL huh? Where did I say that....
and the situation is long gone...we did call animal control, and they did nothing, b/c they didn't see the cats nor did they see them in our yard

yanno, you people see to have an answer for every thing, and yes, we talked to the neighbors several times....

borrow a humane trap, then what? the owners sue us for that?

Some people..... I said, I don't advocate killing any animal....read....

and BTW, why should we have to go thru all that unrest b/c some stupid non caring pet owner, allowed their cats to go free all over everyone else's yards....? Huh?
Why should I have to pay to rent a trap, even if we had?

All the answers, yup.....

this world is so screwed up today, everyone thinks they know everything, when they display this entitlement attitude....like it's ok to let your cats run around at everyone else's expense...

I had to literally wash the slim off of my car b/c someone left their cat run free....do you have any idea how painful that was?

People need to stop and I mean stop blaming everyone else for their own lack of consideration.....

and where did I write that the most violent approach should be executed? Huh? READ.....and think

your taking your anger for this woman vet and applying it to everyone who doesn't agree with you....

NO, IT IS WRONG TO KILL AN ANIMAL PERIOD.... BUT YOU'VE GOT TO BE ABLE TO VIEW, MY SIDE AND A COUPLE OTHERS HERE, NOT EVERYONE IS SAYING SHE DID RIGHT.....I hate cats...I do, b/c of careless and noncaring neighbors, and would never ever have any animal that I don't have on a leash or in a fenced in yard, and if I had a cat, it wouldn't be allowed outside....that is a responsible pet owner.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:47 AM

Quote:
where did I say I advocated shooting an animaL huh? Where did I say that....
and the situation is long gone...we did call animal control, and they did nothing, b/c they didn't see the cats nor did they see them in our yard

yanno, you people see to have an answer for every thing, and yes, we talked to the neighbors several times....

borrow a humane trap, then what? the owners sue us for that?

Some people..... I said, I don't advocate killing any animal....read....
I thought the weekend had you in a good mood?

You are within your legal rights to trap an unwanted animal and take it to the pound, especially since talking to the neighbors didn't work. Then it's their responsibility to control their animal. They wouldn't get far with suing you for removing their animal.

In our neighborhood, there's at least one person who has several wandering cats. We frequently get sprayed, and have to clean the windows/doors. There are also arguments through the screen between our indoor cats, and their outdoor cats. The nerve! They come to our house and yell at our cats! LOL If their cats were fixed, we'd have much less of a spraying problem.

I know you didn't advocate shooting first, but several people on the thread did. I am sorry I didn't convey that properly.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:59 AM

Quote:
I thought the weekend had you in a good mood?

You are within your legal rights to trap an unwanted animal and take it to the pound, especially since talking to the neighbors didn't work. Then it's their responsibility to control their animal. They wouldn't get far with suing you for removing their animal.

In our neighborhood, there's at least one person who has several wandering cats. We frequently get sprayed, and have to clean the windows/doors. There are also arguments through the screen between our indoor cats, and their outdoor cats. The nerve! They come to our house and yell at our cats! LOL If their cats were fixed, we'd have much less of a spraying problem.

I know you didn't advocate shooting first, but several people on the thread did. I am sorry I didn't convey that properly.
No problem

the good mood part was the other day.....

We asked the animal control people if we could trap them, we were told no! He saw no evidence of them there....but he did smell it?

Guess it depends on county/state?

Old 04-26-2015, 07:02 AM

Quote:
No problem

the good mood part was the other day.....

We asked the animal control people if we could trap them, we were told no! He saw no evidence of them there....but he did smell it?

Guess it depends on county/state?
Oh, yeah. State laws certainly vary, and I'm sure county enters into it, too.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Oh, yeah. State laws certainly vary, and I'm sure county enters into it, too.
it just really gets to me, how can you sit in your own yard and enjoy it, when cats are continually spraying everywhere? The smell is horrible.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:17 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,942,987 times
It seems Dr. Lindsey has an equine veterinary business registered in Wyoming. Any action taken in TX may not be enough to prevent this person from working with animals.

Kristen Lindsey has an active equine business registered in Wyoming - Greenville Cats | Examiner.com

Old 04-26-2015, 07:30 AM

Quote:
it just really gets to me, how can you sit in your own yard and enjoy it, when cats are continually spraying everywhere? The smell is horrible.
Yes, it certainly is. We get a whiff, and one of us will say "We got hit again". And we're INSIDE. Nothing like opening the window for a cool breeze, and getting .... THAT. Yuck. There are things that repel cats, but that can get spendy, depending on what works and how big your yard is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events