Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2015, 09:15 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,024,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
One of my two cats is sweet and loving. She was once a feral who sat on our front porch when it rained or snowed. My son took pity on her and was able to "gentle" her.

Three years later, she is a friendly, spayed, feline family member.

I really just can not believe what this vet did. It makes me sick.

and there is the reason for the outrage..... just that those who view them as "just cats' don't get it and never will.......

Old 04-24-2015, 09:21 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,661,637 times
The fact that people get so worked up about over this proves to me how hypocritical people are. Everyone who opposes this should be against hunting and eating meat.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:41 PM

21 posts, read 22,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
The fact that people get so worked up about over this proves to me how hypocritical people are. Everyone who opposes this should be against hunting and eating meat.
Oddly, I don't hunt cat for food in my yard. Come on, let's be honest... we aren't talking about someone hunting for food. Look at the cat in the picture.. look real close.. (don't answer.. just think and be honest with yourself) does this look like a feral cat to even you? Now imagine a vet who sees this type of animal on a regular basis.. and imagine.. does it look like food.. err a feral, unfed, diseased, animal? In my world, HUNTING means you kill the animal with the intent to eat the meat and use the excess any way possible.

Maybe, I am missing your point... maybe you do hunt cats for food. I dunno.. and I don't judge.. but I'm guessing your argument is simply hyperbole.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:43 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,661,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khitten View Post
Oddly, I don't hunt cat for food in my yard. Come on, let's be honest... we aren't talking about someone hunting for food. Look at the cat in the picture.. look real close.. (don't answer.. just think and be honest with yourself) does this look like a feral cat to even you? Now imagine a vet who sees this type of animal on a regular basis.. and imagine.. does it look like food.. err a feral, unfed, diseased, animal? In my world, HUNTING means you kill the animal with the intent to eat the meat and use the excess any way possible.

Maybe, I am missing your point... maybe you do hunt cats for food. I dunno.. and I don't judge.. but I'm guessing your argument is simply hyperbole.
Since when does hunting imply intent to consume?

Old 04-24-2015, 09:52 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,640,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
natural order of things is one thing, but its getting way out of hand, there are many more cats in the U.S. then anyone imagines...or realizes...

I heard a report that a certain bird is going extinct b/c of house & feral cats....and, many years ago, we used to get a monthly hunting paper, which stated, and I'm going back 20 years....that there is more small game animals killed by house cats then anything else.....

People have no clue....
Oh really, and how many bird and other animal species have gone extinct or are now endangered because of HUMANS?? But I guess that's fine, humans are allowed to pollute and cut down forests and destroy land to build yet another strip mall or shopping center or church or parking lot. And to hunt wild animals into extinction and dump garbage into the ocean, etc. True, that people have no clue.

As for this piece of human excrement vet, she is disgusting and so is everyone who defends her and thinks like her.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:45 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,159,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blimp View Post
You're proving my point. The statute refers to "knowingly" in relation to whether the animal will be harmed or not. Not to whether the animal was someone else's property or not.
"
(2) without the owner's effective consent,
kills, administers poison to, or causes serious bodily
injury to an animal;"

How can the law dispense with the fact that some animals don't have owners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blimp View Post
Knowingly harming a feral cat is also criminal, under the Texas statute. Understand?
You'll have to be more specific. Feral cats have no owners, thus, it isn't a violation of 42.092 (B)(2) to kill them.

Old 04-25-2015, 01:32 AM

430 posts, read 834,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
"
(2) without the owner's effective consent,
kills, administers poison to, or causes serious bodily
injury to an animal;"

How can the law dispense with the fact that some animals don't have owners?

You'll have to be more specific. Feral cats have no owners, thus, it isn't a violation of 42.092 (B)(2) to kill them.
Tell that to the DA who is charging her. You obviously aren't very experienced reading statutes, but she didn't have the owner's consent so she is guilty. If there is no owner of a feral animal, it is impossible to gain consent, and therefore still guilty.

All the statute is saying is "the one exception is if the animal has an owner and that owner gives consent. Otherwise, knowingly causing harm to the animal is a criminal act."

If you read the statute again, it even explicitly mentions feral animals as those which it is illegal to harm.

Old 04-25-2015, 02:55 AM

1,284 posts, read 1,260,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Blimp, I know! I am astounded that about how many people are defending this dirt bag! It scares me.

Putting it on Facebook? I wouldn't let any of my animals within a football field of this freak!
You and me both...on both points!

Old 04-25-2015, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
[/b]

I think that is the most horrifying aspect of this case. Being a vet she would have known the cat was not dead. I don't think monster is too strong a word to describe her (and her mother).

Wyoming ranks among the bottom 5 states for animal welfare/cruelty laws. Somehow the cycle must be broken so no one ever thinks this kind of callous disregard for life is ok.
Side note:
My MIL is from that same state. Guess what? She's a rabid dog freak who used to shoot any cats she saw on her property.

Needless to say, I'm not too fond of her at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I've had several friends talk about how much they hated cats, who would speed up their cars trying to hit them.
They'd cease to be a friend of mine if I ever found out they were doing crap like that

Last edited by rhiannon67; 04-25-2015 at 03:26 AM..

Old 04-25-2015, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
I agree. One article links to a 2011 blog of hers in which she lists killing animals as one of her current interests! Yikes! And she loves hunting with her dad. Daddy's little sociopath. lol I hope she winds up working somewhere where she has to ask "Would you like fries with that?"

Austin County sheriff presents dead cat investigation to district attorney - Houston Chronicle
LOL.
I hope she winds up somewhere where her only question when waking up will be: Which orange jumpsuit am I gonna wear today??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Here are some thoughts on people who become irate about cats killing birds and squirrels and so forth. There are no numbers of feral cats that can out number humans who kill those critters by wantonly destroying their habitats year after year. I have seen cats stalk their prey. They won't bother with anything strong and health they know can get away from them. Nine times out of ten, I have seen them miss. Humans are more accurate when they plow the ground under or chop down trees with nests or cement over borrows. As people move in on city and suburban land, they cut down trees and cement over ground where hundreds of wildlife live.

Over the past ten years or so in my former city, I saw so many animal habitats destroyed to make way for human habitats it was sickening. A few cats killing a few birds who were more than likely ready to perish of old age anyway could never make up for the amount of destruction of animal habitats caused by human beings.

Sometimes its just wanton destruction. When people put bird feeders and squirrel feeders in their yards so they can have the pleasure of attracting these animals, they are inviting prey animals to a smorgasbord. Then they blame the prey cats and dogs and whatever else for killing birds or squirrels on their property. It's like inviting people to your house for a sumptuous meal and then telling them not to eat anything.

Environmentalists and nature experts advise against putting these things in people's back yards because it messes up the environment but people will anyway. People are the number one killers of other animals whether intentional or otherwise, not cats.
Apparently, we get a free pass

Great post, BTW

Last edited by rhiannon67; 04-25-2015 at 03:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events