U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-04-2015, 11:15 AM
 
Location: Earth
4,506 posts, read 5,257,531 times
Reputation: 4933

Advertisements

So...the vaccination is NOT absolute? And they admit it has mercury and other crap in it...things we KNOW are NOT safe.

Hmmm...they've been telling us GMO's are safe too!

"THEY" are being bought out by those with an agenda and profit in mind...NOT our health and safety.

 
Old 08-04-2015, 11:16 AM
 
Location: BC, Arizona
1,170 posts, read 748,101 times
Reputation: 2377
We take choice away every day for the public good. If you don't like being part of the collective, move to the country, grow your own food, and homeschool. Drive without a seatbelt, let your toddler pack a gun, when you're on your own I don't care.

The first people whining about needing health care will be all these people whining about "choice" to be able to catch things they could have prevented. If you self insure for health care (where your choice is REALLY your choice) and move where you don't impact others and you'll have all the choice you need.

Ironically this post started because "pro choice" anti-science posters want to send their kids to public school without vaccinations. Do you expect to "choose" the school curriculum too or is "big government" able to do that when it is convenient for you?
 
Old 08-04-2015, 11:18 AM
 
Location: BC, Arizona
1,170 posts, read 748,101 times
Reputation: 2377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
So...the vaccination is NOT absolute? And they admit it has mercury and other crap in it...things we KNOW are NOT safe.

Hmmm...they've been telling us GMO's are safe too!

"THEY" are being bought out by those with an agenda and profit in mind...NOT our health and safety.
"They"?

Take off the tin foil hat. "They" are the elected policy makers that determine public health mandates on behalf of "us".

Vaccines are safe, Jenny McCarthy isn't a doctor. Pesky science proves you wrong, so set the crystals down, continue eating your greens and either vaccinate your kids or homeschool (if you're in CA).
 
Old 08-04-2015, 11:27 AM
 
Location: Earth
4,506 posts, read 5,257,531 times
Reputation: 4933
There you go with the insults...If you cannot win a discussion dismiss and call names...childish.
NOW answer this question:

HAS the US government ever poisoned, drugged or experimented on it's own citizens secretively? Have they ever lied about it?

You WON'T answer those questions because the FOI documents are there and PROVE it! Over many years many people were called all kinds of names that suspected this and now they have been proven right!

You KNOW it's true and if you admit that it HAS happened you lose all ground as it COULD be happening now!
 
Old 08-04-2015, 11:29 AM
 
5,647 posts, read 3,198,175 times
Reputation: 6629
Miami congressman diagnosed with whooping cough | Naked Politics

Maybe Congress needs to pass a law mandating vaccinations for Congress?????? You are FIRED if you are not vaccinated! lol He walked all around, flying on planes, etc., for a month before he was diagnosed with whooping cough.

His quote in the article says he was vaccinated in childhood. Of course, as Suzy says, the majority of adults are up to date on their vaccinations. Well, maybe not if they are politicians. Do as we SAY, not as we DO?

The California contingent must be freaking out over this one. lol
 
Old 08-04-2015, 12:15 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
3,510 posts, read 2,795,787 times
Reputation: 6371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Miami congressman diagnosed with whooping cough | Naked Politics

Maybe Congress needs to pass a law mandating vaccinations for Congress?????? You are FIRED if you are not vaccinated! lol He walked all around, flying on planes, etc., for a month before he was diagnosed with whooping cough.

His quote in the article says he was vaccinated in childhood. Of course, as Suzy says, the majority of adults are up to date on their vaccinations. Well, maybe not if they are politicians. Do as we SAY, not as we DO?

The California contingent must be freaking out over this one
. lol


Why would they be, no sane person has some irrational fear of vaccination.
 
Old 08-04-2015, 12:18 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
3,510 posts, read 2,795,787 times
Reputation: 6371
Quote:
Sunrise woman who disappeared with her 2-year-old daughter in May 2014, reportedly to avoid having the girl vaccinated, was caught Monday and arrested on a parental kidnapping charge, authorities said Monday afternoon.Megan Elizabeth Everett, 23, was taken into custody without incident in Palatka and her daughter, Lilly, now 3, was found safe. The arrest was made by Putnam County Sheriff's deputies and the FBI.
Authorities received a tip that led them to Everett, the FBI said. The case was featured on CNN's "The Hunt with John Walsh" this weekend.
Lilly's father, Robert Baumann, 27, of Davie, said he got the call he'd been waiting for around lunchtime.
Quote:

Lilly's parents disagreed about several issues, including whether Lilly should attend preschool. Everett did not want her daughter to be vaccinated, and Baumann did, according to family members and public records.
In a 2014 interview with the Sun Sentinel, Baumann said Everett didn't want their daughter to learn about black history and "just wanted her to learn about the Confederacy."
Broward mom, accused of kidnapping girl to avoid vaccination and preschool, caught and jailed - Sun Sentinel


Quote:
"If I let them take her and vaccinate her and brainwash her, I wouldn't be doing what's right. I cannot let a judge tell me how my daughter should be raised. We will miss you. But I had to leave."

Baumann had planned to have his daughter receive vaccinations the next time he had custody and planned to enroll her in preschool, according to court records.


Sounds about right, this woman was irrational in all ways, even her mom thinks the little girl is better off with her dad.

Quote:
Everett said her daughter had been studying psychology at Florida Atlantic University and spoke three languages but then "started acting erratically."
"She had originally said that however much time she had with her daughter would be worth it," Pam Everett said.
Everett consistently said she thought her granddaughter would be better off with her father, Baumann.
"I know her dad will take good care of her and we will do everything we can to help him," she said.
 
Old 08-04-2015, 12:21 PM
 
Location: BC, Arizona
1,170 posts, read 748,101 times
Reputation: 2377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
There you go with the insults...If you cannot win a discussion dismiss and call names...childish.
NOW answer this question:

HAS the US government ever poisoned, drugged or experimented on it's own citizens secretively? Have they ever lied about it?

You WON'T answer those questions because the FOI documents are there and PROVE it! Over many years many people were called all kinds of names that suspected this and now they have been proven right!

You KNOW it's true and if you admit that it HAS happened you lose all ground as it COULD be happening now!
I consider people who view single incident as evidence of a conspiracy ill informed at best. The use of multiple explanation points does not make your view more valid

If you don't trust science that's fine. Homeschool your kid and none of that "new fangled" science stuff will cloud their heads. Unicorns COULD be taking over the world, I guess, since we can't prove they aren't

The fact is vaccines are safe, [deep sigh as I type slowly so anti-science folk can follow along] and highly effective.

- less than one in a million incidents of severe adverse effects
- one of the most heavily studied (and peer reviewed) areas of medicine
- amongst the most profound medical interventions in history

We get it, you don't trust the government. Well, sucks to be you because vaccines are one of the areas that cross party lines, since they work and save lives.

Funny how you don't trust science but you'll sit in front of a computer screen (believe it or not, some science went into that technology too ). I know, the government controls the airwaves right?

I will not pretend I respect uninformed views. The exception does not prove the rule.
 
Old 08-04-2015, 12:27 PM
 
8,542 posts, read 5,266,553 times
Reputation: 9110
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
It is not small to those for which the vaccine did not work or for those who have lost vaccine protection due to impaired immune systems. You know, the people you choose to ignore.
I'm not ignoring anything. The number of people for whom the vaccine does not work is small.

Quote:
You may choose not to vaccinate your children. You just may not be able to send them to public school. If you choose to vaccinate in order for your child to go to school, you have exercised your right to choose.
That's not a free choice. There is absolutely zero reason to ban students from attending school for not having the HPV vaccine. By supporting the HPV mandate for schools, it weakens your argument that school mandates are need to protect those who are vulnerable. Clearly, kids are not in danger of contracting HPV in the classroom.

Quote:
You can still get HPV vaccine in Japan. It is just no longer on the recommended list.
Yes, I'm aware, it's suspended from the "required" list due to concerns over safety. Too bad our health authorities do not take the severe reactions that some have experienced more seriously.
 
Old 08-04-2015, 12:28 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
21,508 posts, read 26,116,900 times
Reputation: 26483
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
You argue that exposure doesn't equal infection then you think that exposure to the disease (by vaccinated kids no less) is a problem?
Exposure to the disease is a problem for vaccinated people if the vaccine does not work for them or if they develop a compromised immune system, such as being treated with chemotherapy for cancer, even though they have been vaccinated.

If you are exposed, you may be infected. Exposure does not guarantee infection. Exposure to some diseases, like measles, is more likely to result in infection than others.

Quote:
Disease spreads even in highly vaccinated populations. Expect to see that the rates of disease will not change with these mandates.
If large numbers of people choose to vaccinate due to mandates we will indeed see fewer large outbreaks. The reason we have seen bigger measles outbreaks in the last few years is there are growing clusters of unvaccinated children. In the recent Disney outbreak, most of the cases were unvaccinated.

Vaccinated people can get infections, but disease does not spread in highly vaccinated populations. It spreads in areas with low vaccination rates.

If a vaccine preventable disease is introduced into a community, most of the vaccinated people will not catch it. Most of the unvaccinated people will.

Quote:
That is not what she is saying at all. What a poor analogy. Not all illnesses can be prevented by vaccination. The vaccinated kid can get and spread other illnesses. Excluding unvaccinated kids from school will not prevent kids from getting sick with other illnesses.
Of course excluding unvaccinated children from school will not prevent children from getting sick with diseases for which there are no vaccines. Who has said it would? It's dumb to not prevent what we can prevent because there are other diseases that we cannot prevent.

Quote:
You are really being deceptive (or obtuse) in your last sentence. Jo presented an obvious bit of sarcasm directly related to the reason behind mandates being PUBLIC health not INDIVIDUAL health. RI is taking away the right for parents to have INDIVIDUAL health choices which do not affect others.
Any parent in RI can choose not to vaccinate against HPV. Their choice is preserved. Their unvaccinated kids just do not get to go to public school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top