Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2015, 02:37 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,685,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
She goes on and on and on. I do not think she understands that there are those of us who consider this a freedom and choice issue. She doesn't understand that there are those of us who DID vaccinate our own children, but believe in choice of others to refuse. Science is irrelevant to us, from either side.

Gravity might be irrelevant to you as well but I bet if you walk right off your roof, you're going to have a nasty fall.

The issue is that your freedom begins and ends with you, if your freedom is infringing upon others, it is no longer about you. Parents who refuse to vaccinate their kids in California have the simple and easy option to homeschool them. Nobody is forcing them to vaccinate their kids, just giving them a choice on how to best proceed to minimize the risk of infection for the greatest number of kids.

Old 07-15-2015, 02:42 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,524,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Please show us how any treatment can make a case of measles look insignificant. We can help relieve symptoms. With intensive care we can save some lives. But viral diseases cannot be cured. They just have to run their courses, and some will cause complications and deaths.
Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) has long been known to CURE viral diseases. Here's just one study:
An in vitro study on the pharmacological ascorbate treatment of influenza virus

"CONCLUSION: Pharmacological ascorbate (vitamin C) as a pro-drug eliminates or kills influenza virus, probable by producing steady-state concentrations of hydrogen peroxide (H₂O₂) in extracellular fluid."

Quote:
The first rotavirus vaccine was pulled off the market because the association with intussusception was felt to be causal. Better vaccines were developed. Isn't that what you want: better vaccines? The problem is that in your view no vaccine will ever be good enough. Expecting a vaccine to be 100% safe is unrealistic. That's like insisting no automobiles should be produced until they are all 100% reliable and never break down.

The proven safety of vaccines is so great that we can ethically mandate vaccination.
But the first rotavirus vaccine was "extensively studied and found safe and effective," right? Other vaccines have been certified "safe and effective" with "extensive studies" yet been pulled off the market because they are found to be unsafe or ineffective or both. Should we then still trust these studies?

Old 07-15-2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorsyGal View Post
Yes, there are many here who don't understand how important it is for us to keep this liberty, a liberty we've had for decades.
No matter what side you are on though there really aren't sides with so much gray in between

You do not have unlimited freedom in anything if it infringes upon the rights of others. You can't scream "fire" in a crowded theater if there actually is no fire without facing some major consequences and nobody is going to want to hear a single thing about your "free speech liberties."

The Courts in the U.S. have repeatedly found in favor of compulsory vaccination. It is settled precedent as it has been recognized that when it comes to public health, as we are all part of the public at large, we all have a role to play.

The claims of "this is about freedom" ring hollow. If you want to be truly free, go live in Somalia, in any civilized nation there is going to be a social contract to be upheld, that your actions don't ultimately just affect you, but those around you as well.

Old 07-15-2015, 02:45 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,524,313 times
Quote:
Suzy can you break up your replies? This is really long...
Yes... Please. It's hard to respond to replies to my posts when it's all lumped together like that.

Old 07-15-2015, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) has long been known to CURE viral diseases. Here's just one study:
An in vitro study on the pharmacological ascorbate treatment of influenza virus

"CONCLUSION: Pharmacological ascorbate (vitamin C) as a pro-drug eliminates or kills influenza virus, probable by producing steady-state concentrations of hydrogen peroxide (H₂O₂) in extracellular fluid."

The reality is that what you claim simply isn't true, one study that had to be translated from its native Chinese, that you can't even read in its original language, isn't proof of anything when other studies have not been able to replicate the same results. Vitamin C has been shown to have benefits in those who are immuno-compromised or in endurance athletes who engage in long, extreme bouts of exercise but it is far, far from the magic bullet that you are claiming. It is a supportive therapy at best, maybe it will help, maybe it won't, but its cheap enough that its worthwhile to try, I just wouldn't want my life to depend on it working.

Quote:

Conducted over several decades and including more than 11,000 people who took daily doses of at least 200 milligrams, the review also shows that vitamin C (ascorbic acid) does little to reduce the length or severity of a cold, according to the researchers at the Australian National University and the University of Helsinki.
Quote:

The failure of vitamin C supplementation to reduce the incidence of colds in the general population indicates that routine vitamin C supplementation is not justified, yet vitamin C may be useful for people exposed to brief periods of severe physical exercise.
Vitamin C for preventing and treating the common cold. - PubMed - NCBI

Old 07-15-2015, 02:50 PM

1,170 posts, read 1,023,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Yes... Please. It's hard to respond to replies to my posts when it's all lumped together like that.
Yes Suzy, please stop with all the reasoned answers and detailed links citing sources. It's like, so annoying.

Lets go back to pictures...

Old 07-15-2015, 02:53 PM

10,225 posts, read 6,312,506 times
Jacobson v. Ma. 197 U.S. 11 (1905). That is how you cite case law, Mr. Attorney. This was used for the 1918 Flu Pandemic for government to force vaccinations.

It has not been used since because it set very strict criteria. Pandemic needed to be declared before government could force vaccinations (medical treatment) on the public for the public health.

NO Measles, Whooping Cough, etc., PANDEMIC had been declared. There was a Flu Pandemic declared in the US by the White House in 2009, but obviously the government decided NOT to enforce vaccinations on the public then, although under Case Law they could have. Why not? Because they would have met with FIERCE opposition from the public with that. I guess Obama did not want to touch that Hot Potato and force Flu Shots on everyone.

Old 07-15-2015, 02:54 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
I really don't care.

I never considered who you were endorsing, relax a bit.
You're the one banging away at him for being SDA!

Old 07-15-2015, 02:55 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,599,276 times
Quote:
Agreed. It could very well be history repeating itself (holocaust for example).

I am not totally against vaccinations but this big brother mentality of drugging ourselves to prevent bumps in the road without a real risk.
Smallpox, now that was a true threat.

Here's a photo on wiki of a child with small pox.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smallpox

"The disease killed an estimated 400,000 Europeans annually during the closing years of the 18th century (including five reigning monarchs),[10] and was responsible for a third of all blindness"
So we should vaccinate so that the government can't control us with disease? I'm lost on this one.

Old 07-15-2015, 02:57 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Quote:
Fisher is convinced vaccines caused her child to be autistic. She has made a career out of insisting vaccines cause autism. They do not, but if she admits that, she's out of a job.
A lot of parents who had healthy children who were developing on target suddenly regress after a round of vaccinations believe that vaccines triggered their children's regression. I believe a lot of these parents are right. If the vaccine industry ever admits that there is a problem a lot of people will be out of jobs and a lot of money will be lost. Unfortunately the industry is heavily controlled from the journals to the studies they fund, etc. The truth will never come out because the gatekeepers won't allow that.

Quote:
We already know that people who do not vaccinate feel no ethical obligation to reduce the risk of harm to others, so such behavior would not be surprising, would it?
Well that's quite a stretch. I keep my kids home when they are sick or if I know they are contagious, I have had many "vaxxers' not do the same with their kids. It's so stupid that you actually go so far as to accuse people who may not vaccinate for everything on the schedule of not being ethical human beings. It's absurdly ridiculous.
Quote:
The amount of aluminum in vaccines is not toxic. You get more from food and water every day than from all the vaccines an individual will ever take. And no, getting it in a shot makes no difference. The same with all the other vaccine ingredients that ant-vaccinationists rail against, including formaldehyde.
Your claim was that there wee no toxins in vaccines. That is clearly false. I gave you one example that proved you wrong. Injected aluminum is different then ingested aluminum and while the amount in one does may or may not be harmful but when you take the cumulative dose from many vaccinations that could be different. Not everyone can process and eliminate toxins and heavy metals as efficiently and effectively as everyone else. Some people's bodies do not do a very good job at this and that is when the cumulative effect gets real.

It's so hard to respond when you do these wall of text responses to everyone all in one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events