Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2015, 05:15 PM

119 posts, read 147,467 times

Advertisements

cuz they were bullied in middle school......

Old 06-25-2015, 06:05 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,112,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
Good catch. Honest question, is this the first/only legal gun in a mass killing?

In the previous national news stories it seemed to always identify that the gun was stolen or obtained illegally, hence my comment - I truly was unaware of a legally obtained gun used in a mass killing.
Quote:
Yes, after he killed his father in NJ. He was a special piece of work. I am unaware of a single mass killing executed with a legally obtained gun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPickel View Post
Elliot Rodger
Now you know of two.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:06 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,583,148 times
Quote:
Good catch. Honest question, is this the first/only legal gun in a mass killing?

In the previous national news stories it seemed to always identify that the gun was stolen or obtained illegally, hence my comment - I truly was unaware of a legally obtained gun used in a mass killing.
the virginia tech shooting legally bought guns from a gun show adjacent to a gun store (hence no need to wait for a background check).

Old 06-25-2015, 06:09 PM

684 posts, read 792,734 times

Young white males in rural areas have better access to assault rifles etc (likely from their parents), but put a higher concentrate of assault rifles into the hands of inner city black males. And then no one will ever think of young white males anymore.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:22 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,112,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
the virginia tech shooting legally bought guns from a gun show adjacent to a gun store (hence no need to wait for a background check).
There's number three.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:33 PM

716 posts, read 1,239,168 times
The article said "As Mother Jones reported, "Since 1982, there have been at least 70 mass shootings across the country... Forty four of the killers were white males. Only one of them was a woman." So white men have been responsible for about 63 percent of mass shootings in that span, despite comprising a far smaller portion of the total population."

HUHHH??? so whites are "far fewer than 63%"???? gtfoh that's exactly what whites are in Ameria 63%...so basically whites finally committ the % of crimes that they should based on their % and we use that ONE TIME OPPORTUNITY to blame whites?? lmfaooo

69 out of 70 mass shootings were done by men...44 out of 69 were white males..so 63%..so lets blame whites for finally committing a crime at least the same % of their population % in America smh if you're gonna be racist af against some group at least be SOMEWHAT accurate.

and were gonna use 44 people since 1982 to blame white men too?

Old 06-25-2015, 06:43 PM

28,687 posts, read 18,825,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Missouri View Post
Young white males in rural areas have better access to assault rifles etc (likely from their parents), but put a higher concentrate of assault rifles into the hands of inner city black males. And then no one will ever think of young white males anymore.
Putting aside for a moment that we're not talking about actual "assault" rifles, inner city black males have the same access to the same weapons as young white males in rural areas. But rifles are not concealable and are more expensive, which makes them less desirable in urban areas.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:50 PM

684 posts, read 792,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Putting aside for a moment that we're not talking about actual "assault" rifles, inner city black males have the same access to the same weapons as young white males in rural areas. But rifles are not concealable and are more expensive, which makes them less desirable in urban areas.
I kind of meant weapons in general. A lot of white kids who "mass shoot" usually come from some sort of background where guns are prevalent. But in the inner city it's just a handgun here or there. If more weaponry was available to young black males within society, then they'll likewise do more mass shootings. Too many stories of young black males who took a simple handgun to school, with the same motives as a white mass shooter, but, all they could get their hands on was a handgun. So instead of mass shooting, they likely just single out their main target or, just get discouraged altogether.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:15 PM

922 posts, read 807,940 times
Most serial killers are white men too, coincidence I think not. White people are more prone towards psychotic behavior.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:30 PM

716 posts, read 1,239,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
Most serial killers are white men too, coincidence I think not. White people are more prone towards psychotic behavior.
I bet if you look at real stats of serial killings you will find that black men do it at a far higher rate than their population % of america and whites do it at a similar rate as their %...of course u wont hear or see that though cus ur clear biases have shown already.

Last edited by FLA17; 06-25-2015 at 08:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events