Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2015, 10:36 AM

30,387 posts, read 19,184,321 times

Advertisements

Probably to protest taking down the Confederate Flag.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:53 AM

73,041 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Actually that's not entirely true. I take it you're speaking of national news, but here in Philly where there's been two incidents involving kids in the past couple of weeks, it's been the number one local news item. People are appalled. They want these dudes caught.

Also, there are reports of any shooting no matter what neighborhood. There are also numerous events set up to protest senseless violence in all neighborhoods. By people of all races.

The issue as I see it is that there's a system in place in the super poor hoods that exists outside the law and is how kids are brought up to survive. The schools are terrible, education is nil, the residents barely go beyond their own block so they don't aspire to anything much other than their own neighborhood hierachy. That's the way to family, money and survival. It's an incredibly harsh and stressful environment that young children live under on a daily basis. When you have a drug addicted, gang driven, all beefs solved with violence lifestyle you're going to have to adapt or die. Unfortunately there are few people that escape the cycle. There are a lot of inherently good people that are stuck there. There are older generations that have lived in one house their family has owned for multiple generations that have seen their block go to hell over drug turf and disrespect violence. But it's their home. They don't want the stress and crap any more than anyone else would.

I believe the answer is not necessarily money, it's mentoring and education for the kids before they get sucked into the whole vicious merry go round.
I was speaking of national news. It is likely to make local news, but no further.

And I've never said there weren't solutions to the problems in the ghettos. I just merely meant that what happens in the ghetto, as tragic as it is, doesn't have that much shock value outside of local networks.

And the ghetto is indeed a hard place to survive.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:58 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelviera50 View Post
so let me ask you this when James Holmes killed all those people at the movies you dont think a few black people wasent scared going to the movies cause i was you dont think when i do i go in white people stores i get nerves although im half white i dont like going to certain white people areas cause they smell like wet dog and they have the nerve to look at me like im wrong then i also heard growing up that white people are descended of the pig and another thing answer this how the **** did Christopher Columbus discover america in 1492 when it was already discovered the native americans was here in b.c time meaning before before christ even before a ****ing calender was invented the point im trying to make white people always trying to take something over like blowing **** up killing a whole lot of people cause daddy didnt pay them no attention they always gotta have control and thats what this topic is about Why Are So Many Mass Shootings Committed by Young White Men? (no offense intended lol) it didnt ask nothing about blacks just like white people always trying to swicth blame on someone else even in the movies for example name one killer like jason micheal myers freddy kruger even the damn doll chucky leatherface the excersit, carrie the omen do you see any black people even acting in a sick twisted way in movies NNNOOOO!!!! and another thing yall white folks wasent scared when your ancesters was wiping our asses with a whip,talking about yall love god but yet yall burn crosses who started hate crimes white people black people was cool chilling under the son running with lions didnt no nothing about whips stealing fighting nothing and then white people came over enslaving raping our females and daughters but thats not here nor there thats just the truth oh btw i dont no if you guys been paying attention but our president is african american
no offense, but that crazed stream-of-unconsciousness rant is in dire need of some paragraphs and punctuation.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:
well green i live in the ghetto BOSTON,MA and when i do see something that happends out here the once in while it do make it to the news it still shocks us people out here in the "ghetto" it dont shock white people cause its expected from us minoritys i guess
It will make the local news, but it won't make national news like mass shootings will. My point is that it is not seen as having much shock value.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:12 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I was speaking of national news. It is likely to make local news, but no further.

And I've never said there weren't solutions to the problems in the ghettos. I just merely meant that what happens in the ghetto, as tragic as it is, doesn't have that much shock value outside of local networks.

And the ghetto is indeed a hard place to survive.
Yeah I hear you, I'm actually agreeing with you.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:13 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It will make the local news, but it won't make national news like mass shootings will. My point is that it is not seen as having much shock value.
This is like mining deaths, you're more likely to die working as a store clerk but you don't have 20 clerks getting killed at once.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:15 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,565,224 times
Quote:
so let me ask you this when James Holmes killed all those people at the movies you dont think a few black people wasent scared going to the movies cause i was you dont think when i do i go in white people stores i get nerves although im half white i dont like going to certain white people areas cause they smell like wet dog and they have the nerve to look at me like im wrong then i also heard growing up that white people are descended of the pig and another thing answer this how the **** did Christopher Columbus discover america in 1492 when it was already discovered the native americans was here in b.c time meaning before before christ even before a ****ing calender was invented the point im trying to make white people always trying to take something over like blowing **** up killing a whole lot of people cause daddy didnt pay them no attention they always gotta have control and thats what this topic is about Why Are So Many Mass Shootings Committed by Young White Men? (no offense intended lol) it didnt ask nothing about blacks just like white people always trying to swicth blame on someone else even in the movies for example name one killer like jason micheal myers freddy kruger even the damn doll chucky leatherface the excersit, carrie the omen do you see any black people even acting in a sick twisted way in movies NNNOOOO!!!! and another thing yall white folks wasent scared when your ancesters was wiping our asses with a whip,talking about yall love god but yet yall burn crosses who started hate crimes white people black people was cool chilling under the son running with lions didnt no nothing about whips stealing fighting nothing and then white people came over enslaving raping our females and daughters but thats not here nor there thats just the truth oh btw i dont no if you guys been paying attention but our president is african american
Are you a troll or just someone with absolutely no comprehension of reading and writing?

Old 06-26-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yeah I hear you, I'm actually agreeing with you.
I know. I just didn't know how to respond to the rest of the post.

Old 06-26-2015, 12:49 PM

1,556 posts, read 1,912,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA17 View Post
The article said "As Mother Jones reported, "Since 1982, there have been at least 70 mass shootings across the country... Forty four of the killers were white males. Only one of them was a woman." So white men have been responsible for about 63 percent of mass shootings in that span, despite comprising a far smaller portion of the total population."

HUHHH??? so whites are "far fewer than 63%"???? gtfoh that's exactly what whites are in Ameria 63%...so basically whites finally committ the % of crimes that they should based on their % and we use that ONE TIME OPPORTUNITY to blame whites?? lmfaooo

69 out of 70 mass shootings were done by men...44 out of 69 were white males..so 63%..so lets blame whites for finally committing a crime at least the same % of their population % in America smh if you're gonna be racist af against some group at least be SOMEWHAT accurate.

and were gonna use 44 people since 1982 to blame white men too?
The rest were committed by white Hispanics?

Old 06-26-2015, 12:51 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,356,633 times
Quote:
Interesting perspective. On a side note, it is easier to understand what you are writing if you first make sure that the words are spelled correctly.

I don't approve of slavery. A little history is in order. Slaves were bought and sold by people of color. Even today that goes on. Slavery has not ended and the business is mostly people of color. Next time you blame the white people for having slaves you may want to blame the Brothers in the African Continent for selling them to the white people. The law may have changed here in this blessed nation but slavery continues till this day. What are your thoughts on the current slave trade?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events