Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2015, 07:06 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,350,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
While you are looking for the answer, perhaps you can also figure out why the leading cause of death of black males between the age of 18 and 35 is first degree murder by another black male.

Statistically, blacks represent 13% of the American population yet are responsible for 70% of the murders. Sorry for that inconvenient truth.
Your numbers are off lol.

And out of that 13% what percent is committing those acts?

Old 06-26-2015, 07:41 PM

73,042 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
While you are looking for the answer, perhaps you can also figure out why the leading cause of death of black males between the age of 18 and 35 is first degree murder by another black male.

Statistically, blacks represent 13% of the American population yet are responsible for 70% of the murders. Sorry for that inconvenient truth.
1) It's 50% of murders.
2) Nothing inconvenient about that statistic. However, most Black on Black murders aren't mass shootings. Most of the time it's one on one. So what does this have to do with MASS SHOOTINGS?

Old 06-26-2015, 07:46 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,274,204 times
Quote:

Most of these murders occur within our race and a lot of us already know why they happen, so we don't need to "figure it out" in fact a lot of us know WAY more about what happens within our race and culture and the reasons behind than you do--and perhaps that's why the OP didn't try to figure out why murders happen between black men because we already know that the bulk are related to drugs, territory, gangs, or money.

The shootings are very rarely random, especially when it pertains to shootings between gangs, over drugs, territory or money. I grew up in Chicago and have enough friends that lived in the wild 100's(southside) The "wood" (maywood), and so on, to tell you that the majority of the violence is gang related or about money, because Chicago and the opportunities for blacks in Chicago have dwindled tremendously since really right before I moved away, some years ago. It's very much like a war zone out there because of the conditions, and everything at stake--if your hungry you figure out a way to eat by any means necessary. It's sad, and it's crazy how the city has went downhill due to the state of the city(economically). Chicago used to be on Black Enterprise lists of cities that were great for black people to live because of the job rate, success, etc. The last time it appeared on the list was nearly a decade ago. Opportunities, jobs, money, etc--all of it dwindling down, d*** near gone.
I'm glad I don't live in that city anymore.

The thing is we don't need to figure out why black men are killing each other because most of us already are very aware of the statistic(especially since you love to remind us). Apparently some of you use it whenever you want to deflect from the doodoo that stinks in the "white community"

I do wonder though why do white boys go into schools with little kids and just shoot up everyone like maniacs? I mean these are boys that have been coddled, and beyond bullying, what has happened to legitimize killing people who have had no personal interaction with the killers? Especially when they ain't about that life--these "shooters" are never poor, broke, working class, hungry ghetto white dudes. Just emotionally unstable, sheltered, and the list goes on.

S*** it makes sense for someone that grew up surrounded by violence to be violent themselves. For someone who lives in gang territory or who was taught early on to do whatever it takes to survive--even kill--to actually end up being a killer. It makes little sense for someone like Lanza to just shoot up everyone at an elementary school, or someone like Dylan, who at the most hunted and was never physically harmed by a black person, to just decide to shoot up a black church two hours away from his home. So maybe that's why we need to figure it out--because it doesn't make sense to us, but perhaps because your deflecting it makes sense to you? HMMM.

Last edited by Faith2187; 06-26-2015 at 07:55 PM..

Old 06-26-2015, 07:47 PM

716 posts, read 1,238,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
The rest were committed by white Hispanics?
nope...plenty of asians, a couple legit natives here and there, a higher than their % of the total population number of blacks, and some hispanics...what can you say now? nothing.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:48 PM

73,042 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Your numbers are off lol.

And out of that 13% what percent is committing those acts?
Considering there are 40 million Blacks in the USA, and there were about 6000(give or take) Black on Black murders, that is far less than one percent of the population. And if one looks at the number of White men who commit mass shootings, far less than one percent of the population.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:35 PM

18,131 posts, read 25,300,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Young White men and Young Black men....

Both committing heinous crimes.

I wonder if anyone is trying to connect any dots.
Are you trying to say that all young men are the same?
You should go and tell the news media, because I don't think anybody has ever told them that

Old 06-26-2015, 09:49 PM

20 posts, read 14,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
no offense, but that crazed stream-of-unconsciousness rant is in dire need of some paragraphs and punctuation.
lol thats cuz im from da GETTO wish i knew wat park u walked through cuz i got a pitbull amd im more black then white

Old 06-26-2015, 09:53 PM

20 posts, read 14,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Are you a troll or just someone with absolutely no comprehension of reading and writing?
no im from the ghetto lol and i can tell ur a parent of one of those soon to be white male mass shooters cuz who would use the name budlight but what you need to do is got pat ur kid on the head so he dont be a statistic that well i mean we will be threading about tomorrow go give him the attention he needs and put the beer down ya i mean you DRUNK

Old 06-26-2015, 10:05 PM

35,083 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Possibly the same way "some men" saved American lives by the resistance shown on United Airlines Flight 93 on 9/11/01.

I have no doubts regarding the valor of many Americans, male or female, in crisis; but I refuse to abandon the point that the NEA's push for the further feminization and politicization of our educational system may have intensified the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary.
I agree with you about the NEA, feminization and politicization. But what, pray tell, did that have to do with worsening the Sandy Hook tragedy?

Old 06-26-2015, 10:10 PM

716 posts, read 1,238,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Considering there are 40 million Blacks in the USA, and there were about 6000(give or take) Black on Black murders, that is far less than one percent of the population. And if one looks at the number of White men who commit mass shootings, far less than one percent of the population.
40 million divided by 2(women generally don't count in these things), and then take into effect that it was 6000 in one year and if we look at the entire lives of people the % goes way up..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events