Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2015, 05:27 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times

Advertisements

The young white males who have done this have often been described as having some kind of spectrum disorder (autism, Aspergers). They are outcasts, have few friends, suffer from depression, they are often picked on or bullied, and have years of rage behind them.

Black youth join gangs either to fit in, or because they're so pressured they feel they have no choice. Their anger comes from a different place, but is there. This is a fact of life to them because they grow up seeing it around them.

Two different groups with different problems and motivations.

Old 07-01-2015, 05:48 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,701,008 times
Why Are So Many Mass Shootings Committed by Young White Men?

Because there are more young white men than there are...

Young black men;
Young Asian men;
Young Hispanic men; or
Young any other men in the US.

(To be fair, in the Middle East, mass killers tend to be young Arab men.)

Old 07-01-2015, 08:10 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,848,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
The young white males who have done this have often been described as having some kind of spectrum disorder (autism, Aspergers). They are outcasts, have few friends, suffer from depression, they are often picked on or bullied, and have years of rage behind them.

Black youth join gangs either to fit in, or because they're so pressured they feel they have no choice. Their anger comes from a different place, but is there. This is a fact of life to them because they grow up seeing it around them.

Two different groups with different problems and motivations.
Black and Latinos join gangs for money,respect and protection. When was mass shooters had autism except for the Virginia tech shooters ?

Old 07-01-2015, 08:20 PM

3,268 posts, read 3,324,502 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Is this post for real or are you just delusional? Equating TV shows with average white men? LOL. Don't let your bigoted views of the white man cloud your mind.
seriously. She is a part of the problem with America. Liberal minded people like her want to do away with white men. THey are tired of them. That's why she's so happy that Obama is in office-because he's not white!! At my work I've heard many times when to marketing decisions people say, oh no dont use that photo, there's too many white guys in that one. Use this one there's a more diverse groups. Diversity is one thing, but if I EVER said, oh no dont use this picture there's too many black men in it I'd be fired on the spot!! Yet it's OK to say and actually LAUGH about it when someone says, no dont use a marketing scheme that has too many white men in it. It's not right.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:22 PM

3,268 posts, read 3,324,502 times
and of course there re crazy white men out there! There are crazy white women too. But anyone remember the DC sniper? He was black.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:18 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Black and Latinos join gangs for money,respect and protection. When was mass shoters had autism except for the Virginia tech shooters ?
Just off the top of my head:

Adam Lanza - Sandy Hook
Elliott Rodger - son of a Hollywood producer, killed people in CA

Others had more serious mental disorders.

One study shows a link between mass murders and either autism or brain injury.

Old 07-03-2015, 01:12 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
The Gifford shooting incident did occur in the presence of armed citizens, and because of its location that would have been well known to the shooter. I believe there were people even open-carrying on the scene.

That was true as well in the Aurora CO shooting incident, although the shooter might not have been consciously aware of it. OTOH, he was wearing protective equipment, so he had prepared himself for that possibility.

In both cases, the armed citizens decided for reasons of their own not to engage the shooters.
I thought it was mentioned here, maybe it was not. The Aurora CO Shooting in a movie theater took place in the only movie theater in the city that had a no gun policy. The fact is that the shooter could have chosen other movie places some even closer to his home. Seven other places were showing the same movie that night. The only movie place in the city that has a no gun policy was that Cinemark location.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...k-theater.html
"In Colorado, individuals with permits can carry concealed handgun in most malls, stores, movie theaters, and restaurants. But private businesses can determine whether permit holders can carry guns on their private property. Most movie theaters allow permit holders carrying guns. But the Cinemark movie theater was the only one with a sign posted at the theater’s entrance."

Old 07-03-2015, 01:25 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I thought it was mentioned here, maybe it was not. The Aurora CO Shooting in a movie theater took place in the only movie theater in the city that had a no gun policy. The fact is that the shooter could have chosen other movie places some even closer to his home. Seven other places were showing the same movie that night. The only movie place in the city that has a no gun policy was that Cinemark location.

Did Colorado shooter single out Cinemark theater because it banned guns? | Fox News
"In Colorado, individuals with permits can carry concealed handgun in most malls, stores, movie theaters, and restaurants. But private businesses can determine whether permit holders can carry guns on their private property. Most movie theaters allow permit holders carrying guns. But the Cinemark movie theater was the only one with a sign posted at the theater’s entrance."
There was an interview I can't locate now with a woman--a military veteran--who was armed in that theater who saw that she was outgunned and chose not to engage the shooter.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Bunyan View Post
White american males are conditioned into thinking they are just going to cruise into a million dollar job and be adored by women and have lots of friends simply because they exist. The most popular media representation of a white american male in TV or movies is a bumbling boob with no particular talents who has a smoking hot wife, nice house and easy lifestyle. A big fat UPS driver like on "King of Queens?" In reality that guy lives in a 2BR condo from the 1970s and his wife looks like Melissa McCarthy, not Leah Remini... and she left him for the FedEx guy anyway.

When they find out life doesn't work out that way, some dudes snap and turn into psycho killer types. I'd guess there is often some sort of humiliating sexual rejection involved. I can't imagine a guy getting laid regularly would go postal. This Dylan guy probably had a girl he had his eyes on get scooped up by a handsome black man.
Why do so many black guys think they can rap and become famous? - Quora

How Hip-Hop Holds Blacks Back by John H. McWhorter, City Journal Summer 2003

Rappers Spawning A Generation of Unemployable Black Males | Your Black Bloggers

How to Destroy a Black Male in 10 Steps - RapRehab

If I Were A Poor Black Kid - Forbes

I don't know any white American males that have ever been conditioned to think that they can have it all. I have known a lot of them, myself included that have been taught to work hard and work at building a better life.

Opportunity is available for those that are prepared for it, and color of skin has nothing to do with our chances in life.

I have read and seen plenty of Black guys that think they are going to make it as a Rapper or ball player. They got the skills or so they think.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
There was an interview I can't locate now with a woman--a military veteran--who was armed in that theater who saw that she was outgunned and chose not to engage the shooter.
I could not find any stories that said anyone was armed at that place. I found plenty of stories wondering what the outcome would have been if someone had been armed.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2012/07

/20/could_an_armed_person_have_stopped_the_aurora_shoo ting_a_second_opinion_.html

Could Concealed Handguns Have Prevented the Colorado Shooting? | Right to Carry Laws
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events