Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2015, 03:26 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,652,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
I remember a awhile back in Chicago some guy tried to help a woman getting beaten on by her boyfriend. He got beat up badly and she walked away hanging on the guy's arm. lmao
Men who intervene are just as stupid as women staying in the relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 03:32 PM

847 posts, read 770,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
They are called White Knight. idiots who don't know what's going on in most cases.

Old 07-08-2015, 03:33 PM

12,547 posts, read 10,016,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
Unless that man intervening is stopping your wife/daughter/mother/grandmother for getting beat down...then he's a hero. Either way, if SHTF, it's usually a man that's breaking up fights...be it a concerned citizen acting on instinct or a police officer. Sometimes the person intervening wont fare well, but it's good to know people that will try to help do exist.

Old 07-08-2015, 03:35 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,713,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Tell that to the Coach and other players.

He will be off the team at least a year. Probably be playing at the local Community College.
He'll be off the team for good. His only chance of playing college football would be with a low level school. Does the University of Phoenix field a football team?

Old 07-08-2015, 04:28 PM

79,229 posts, read 61,343,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne Bjornson View Post
A unrelated incident that is not anything like the OP does not seem like getting "back to topic." Start a new thread if you want to discuss a different Worldstar beatdown.
I gave one specific example but I gave general talking points.

The topic is at it's core about the social stigma of a man hitting a woman. If this had just been some random dude we wouldn't even be talking about it.

If people are making the claim that it's "never ok" and thus the guy in question is in the wrong then it begs the question why?

Well, the unspoken completion of the sentence is that it's not ok because women are weaker than men and should be protected.

It's a rather interesting debate topic because the general premise is that people seem to be using a patronizing sexist viewpoint to decry someone else for not treating women the "right way".

I find the whole argument ironic.

Old 07-08-2015, 04:29 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,177,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Why was a 19 yr old in a bar ?
Umm, you've been to college, right? What did you observe there from Thursday night to Sunday night?

Mick

Old 07-08-2015, 04:32 PM

79,229 posts, read 61,343,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
He'll be off the team for good. His only chance of playing college football would be with a low level school. Does the University of Phoenix field a football team?
Sadly, I know bigtime college football well enough to tell you that what he did is probably not even bad enough to get kicked off the team and if he's a scholarship level QB at a place like FSU then there are a lot of Div 1 programs that will gladly bring him on board with a public proclamation of how he has learned and is getting counseling etc.

Bigtime college football is about as wholesome as the sunset strip at 2AM.

Old 07-08-2015, 04:58 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,817,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post
nothing. She starts a fight and then He gets prosecuted.

There is no such thing as gender equality once a college athlete, football player no less, punches a princess hard in the face and it is caught on camera. Doesn't matter what she did, he's the one that will pay the price.

Old 07-08-2015, 05:17 PM

379 posts, read 361,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I gave one specific example but I gave general talking points.

The topic is at it's core about the social stigma of a man hitting a woman. If this had just been some random dude we wouldn't even be talking about it.

If people are making the claim that it's "never ok" and thus the guy in question is in the wrong then it begs the question why?

Well, the unspoken completion of the sentence is that it's not ok because women are weaker than men and should be protected.

It's a rather interesting debate topic because the general premise is that people seem to be using a patronizing sexist viewpoint to decry someone else for not treating women the "right way".

I find the whole argument ironic.
So you're "pro" football players clocking broads at the bar? You must pull a lot of trim.

Old 07-08-2015, 05:54 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,071,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

I bet you would tolerate non PC stuff with much less empathy.

Someone says Americans are a bunch of scumbags, God is XYZ, your mother is a XYZ, then there was little justification.
Yet if the most evil word on earth in some peoples mind is used, then it is ok I guess.

Men don't hit women, PERIOD!
Anyone doing it around me and others raised like me, will find themselves in pain whether they were called n igger by a woman or not.

Research "White Knight" above.....you're the definition of it.

Also, unless you know the whole story you'd be better off not playing your superhero act unless you have a good amount stashed away for injury lawsuits, arrest, bail, etc. while being the apparent self proclaimed savior of womanhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events