Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2015, 08:35 PM

563 posts, read 527,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The level of force he applied in the situation was far beyond what a person of his size and strength needed to defend himself in that situation. He could have simply backed off and blocked her punches and he'd have nothing more than a scratch, and could have had HER charged with A&B.

He's lucky he didn't kill her.

He us lucky he did not kill her. But that begs the question. Would that have been justifiable homicide, I mean, she did insult him? What is justification for "racial epitaphs?" Maybe it would warrant killing, sort of like an immediate death sentence, with immediate execution. Would that be ok?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 08:41 PM

Default Very well said post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Well I guess it depends on how you were raised. From the time I was a little kid, I was taught you be gentle with girls, and never hit/hurt them.
Of course when you are little, girls are close to your size and not far off strength wise. So there were always a few girls that would bully not only other girls, but even the boys. I remember my Father always telling me that even if a girl hit me, I just walk away. He said it was an indication they liked me. Considering the type of girls that would hit boys at that age, that was enough to make us want to walk away, because they were the less desirable ones.
But I digress.

The point is that men who hit/harm women are not really men. If a woman is going to slap you, so what, you just deal with it and walk away(whether you deserved it or not). If they try to hit you with the intention of trying to hurt you, a defensive maneuver can be used to avoiding getting hurt until you can extricate yourself from the situation. No real man turns around and punches a woman, PERIOD!

On a side note, I wonder why more men who see a woman being hit do not wind up defending them. I am wired to stop any attack on a woman to keep them from getting hurt. Sure sometimes they are the culprit or the instigator, but men should always be willing to prevent women from getting hurt at the hands of a man.

`

I agree with your post on all levels. Integrity and Decency, requires a man to act in a certain way and with certain protocols. Hitting women is not acceptable in any situation. I agree with all that you have written Vector1

Old 07-08-2015, 08:43 PM

Default Wow, kind of severe, don't you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Women need to learn to not push their boundaries either. Some women will go about 10 steps beyond what would get a man punched right in his eye, secure in the belief that a guy will never hit a woman, except there's men out there who won't think twice about decking a woman in the face.

Unlike on the internet, talking **** can be dangerous in real life and both men and women should heed that lesson.

Did you run this by your mother? I am sure she would be proud.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:51 PM

Default Trolling, trolling trolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Please find where I justified what he did. Oh, I'll wait.

It's common sense. You say or do something to someone you don't know, there may be consequences for that, whether their response is right or wrong. I'm sure you're an adult and not a child, so I'm confused as to why I'm the one who has to break this to you.

She shouldn't have gotten popped like that, but I will not feel bad for someone who so freely uses any slur to a complete stranger, especially over something as trivial as getting bumped into.

Lol, no one is bothered by your tough internet words.

ATG5

Were you one of those kids that got teased a lot in high school? Cause you sure act like one. You remind me of that guy from "Will and Grace." The one that is really flamboyant, for lack of a better word. I never liked his character. Is the wedding still on? Congratulations! I knew it would be legal one day.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:52 PM

Default Well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
There is no justification for a man hitting a woman.

Don't care what she said or did.

He made a bad choice. He is in a prominent position as an FSU football player and will likely be held to a higher standard than Average Joe. Now, he'll have to face the consequences that go with his choice.
Agree 100%!

Old 07-08-2015, 08:53 PM

12,547 posts, read 10,004,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood55 View Post
He us lucky he did not kill her. But that begs the question. Would that have been justifiable homicide, I mean, she did insult him? What is justification for "racial epitaphs?" Maybe it would warrant killing, sort of like an immediate death sentence, with immediate execution. Would that be ok?
I'm sure some would see the mental anguish of the n-word as a semi-reasonable motive for killing.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:59 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,070,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood55 View Post
I agree with your post on all levels. Integrity and Decency, requires a man to act in a certain way and with certain protocols. Hitting women is not acceptable in any situation. I agree with all that you have written Vector1

You two should get a room.....it's ok in all 50 states now y'know??? LMAO

Not everyone is as beaten down, lacking in self respect and trained to excuse despicable behavior by certain kinds of women who think they have free reign to be physically violent towards men whenever they want with no consequences......It's obvious where this sense of entitlement comes from and is continually reinforced in their minds....GUYS LIKE YOU!!!

Old 07-08-2015, 09:04 PM

16,803 posts, read 8,787,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post
This is outrageous!

where the hell are the Feminists!

The girl clearly initiates the brawl. tries to him multiple times (lands a few soft blows to his face and groin)

He tries to restrain her. She is clearly verbally abusing him all along.

and if he hits her once! and then walks away! His life must be ended!

And all along she is just fine still standing there. There does not seem to be any blood.

nothing. She starts a fight and then He gets prosecuted.

Here is the simple answer that seems to allude you. He could have walked away to begin with, and never punched her. Then he does not get charged or thrown off the team.

Frankly I have no problem with her being charged with something as she probably instigated (we don't know what was going on in her drunken state of mind) and continued to act aggressively. Of course when he decided to punch her, that is where this becomes an unacceptable reaction to the situation.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:05 PM

1,136 posts, read 930,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Right!
So this stupid kid lost a 100k scholarship over a Dr. Pepper
Nice!
Also as a ex Bouncer, if this establishment is mixing the under 18 crowd with the over 21 crowd they will not be in business very much longer imo.
I could not imagine being a bartender in such a busy place. You have to mix drinks and check ID all while College kids are screaming at you
I can see your point

Old 07-08-2015, 09:10 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,856,852 times
I punched a guy once, but he was in the process of raping me. I broke his nose, but I ended up raped and with a broken eye socket. I believe he deserved it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events