Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2015, 08:27 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,360,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Ahh tough guy. When was the last time you hit someone in the face, who was twice your size, without expecting to pay the consequences?

The woman was in a crowded bar. One scream and the bouncers would have tossed that guy out on his head and she could then have filed charges. Remember it takes two to have a fight.
This is what I've been saying over and over, yet nobody chooses to respond. Instead the strawman argument and the ad hominem attacks lol.

Apparently saying you'll defend yourself from a woman means you'll use brute force and your upbringing was wrong, oh and you're a thug too (even though nobody knows anybody on this site LOL).

Good post, Waldo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 08:54 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,068,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
This is what I've been saying over and over, yet nobody chooses to respond. Instead the strawman argument and the ad hominem attacks lol.

Apparently saying you'll defend yourself from a woman means you'll use brute force and your upbringing was wrong, oh and you're a thug too (even though nobody knows anybody on this site LOL).

Good post, Waldo.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

But you can't expect those who have been trained and brainwashed to adhere to common sense or true equality. They have been branded with some bastardized version of common sense - the never hit a woman dictum.....again, that old wisdom was based on bringing up men not to strike a woman in anger or in order to control or issue discipline and never use their physical advantage when they were pissed off to dominate a woman, for example, not haul off and smack her to shut her up during a verbal argument or tirade......it was never meant to be some sort or mandate that a guy should sit there like a whipped dog with its tail between its legs while a woman meted out whatever abuse and assault she deemed appropriate over a verbal barb or insult.

That brings up a good question....how would some of these morons who think it's understandable that a woman can subject a man to an unopposed beatdown (and probably snicker about it) react if they saw the same woman beating a dog down while it sat there with no response??? They'd be claiming how horrible she was and what an abuser/terrible person she was and that she should be arrested for abuse.

Advice - stop trying to convince these idealologists to see the the truth.....it's obvious to see it's impossible as they have a cult like level of convoluted, erroneous & unalterable beliefs in their simple minds.

Last edited by luckyram; 07-09-2015 at 09:04 AM..

Old 07-09-2015, 09:38 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,532,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post

Good post, Waldo.
Though I'm not in the never hit a woman camp, the 'punch' she threw would have made me laugh, shake my head, say 'you win,' and walk away. Really, he wasn't trapped in a corner with a fighter throwing powerful blows upon him.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:51 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,532,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
EXACTLY!!!!!!!

But you can't expect those who have been trained and brainwashed to adhere to common sense or true equality. They have been branded with some bastardized version of common sense - the never hit a woman dictum.....again, that old wisdom was based on bringing up men not to strike a woman in anger or
in order to control or issue discipline and never use their physical advantage when they were pissed off to dominate a woman, for example, not haul off and smack her to shut her up during a verbal argument or tirade..... .it was never meant to be some sort or mandate that a guy should sit there like a whipped dog with its tail between its legs while a woman meted out whatever abuse and assault she deemed appropriate over a verbal barb or insult.

That brings up a good question....how would some of these morons who think it's understandable that a woman can subject a man to an unopposed beatdown (and probably snicker about it) react if they saw the same woman beating a dog down while it sat there with no response??? They'd be claiming how horrible she was and what an abuser/terrible person she was and that she should be arrested for abuse.

Advice - stop trying to convince these idealologists to see the the truth.....it's obvious to see it's impossible as they have a cult like level of convoluted, erroneous & unalterable beliefs in their simple minds.
It sounds like you should track-down the girls who beat you up and teach 'em a lesson now that you're big and strong

Old 07-09-2015, 09:57 AM

937 posts, read 748,484 times
I think he best summed it up himself by saying that he was embarrassed by his own behavior acknowledging that his violent reaction to such a minor altercation was appalling and unnecessary. I'm sure she learned the lesson that if you cross the wrong person, you can get yourself seriously hurt. Hopefully both learned the life preserving skill of 'walking away.'

Old 07-09-2015, 10:16 AM

17,676 posts, read 17,877,254 times
First, what's a 19 year old college football player doing drinking at a bar? You're risking arrest and being suspended or kicked off the team. I'm not saying he should not drink at all. If he's drinking at an apartment, the chances of an arrest are less if it's not a loud rowdy party.

Second, he threw a full force punch to her face. Yes, she threw a punch to him and it had about as much effect as a gentle slap. He reacted instantly with a punch to her face. To me, this says he has no problem punch his women. Even a light slap to her face would not have gotten him this amount of negative reaction.

Third, if people want better behaving college and pro-football players then stop giving them a free ride in high school to do whatever they want, include not studying at all, without any reprisals for their behavior. They need to learn at an early age that your bad behavior will have consequences. Being a star player is not a "get out of jail free" card. Unfortunately, when star players are in their team home town, some local police will get them off with a warning and a "boys will be boys" attitude.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:36 AM

847 posts, read 769,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
First, what's a 19 year old college football player doing drinking at a bar? You're risking arrest and being suspended or kicked off the team. I'm not saying he should not drink at all. If he's drinking at an apartment, the chances of an arrest are less if it's not a loud rowdy party.
This is irrelevant. He did not initiate the confrontation. so how many drinks he has had is not pertinent here.

Quote:
Second, he threw a full force punch to her face. Yes, she threw a punch to him and it had about as much effect as a gentle slap. He reacted instantly with a punch to her face. To me, this says he has no problem punch his women. Even a light slap to her face would not have gotten him this amount of negative reaction.
The notion that he should have had more self control is undisputed.
Yet it is intellectually dishonest to call him more at fault in This situation than She. She clearly tries to slide to deny him entry in to that spot on the bar. She is clearly verbally abusing him. She physically hits him twice. should he have snapped? ideally no. But this is hardly the case of an innocent girl getting punched.

Quote:
Third, if people want better behaving college and pro-football players then stop giving them a free ride in high school to do whatever they want, include not studying at all, without any reprisals for their behavior. They need to learn at an early age that your bad behavior will have consequences. Being a star player is not a "get out of jail free" card. Unfortunately, when star players are in their team home town, some local police will get them off with a warning and a "boys will be boys" attitude.
Much of what you say is applies in most cases. and actually other boys are often the victim. But in this instance, what you have said is totally false.
the woman has been treated with special privilege. She Started a Fight. Clearly was verbally abusive.Clearly tried to land some good hits but failed. It is her lack of prosecution by law that indicates special privilege.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:39 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,068,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
It sounds like you should track-down the girls who beat you up and teach 'em a lesson now that you're big and strong
^

Proof positive of the type of moron who can't read intelligibly or decipher the point being made and resorts to minimizing valid points by attempting to make a Herculean effort to be comical (and failing miserably..... as probably in life).

Old 07-09-2015, 10:49 AM

847 posts, read 769,243 times
This young man should have watched this video from Bill Burr.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:51 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,173,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Though I'm not in the never hit a woman camp, the 'punch' she threw would have made me laugh, shake my head, say 'you win,' and walk away. Really, he wasn't trapped in a corner with a fighter throwing powerful blows upon him.
Exactly what I'm trying to say. If she had a weapon in her hand, that'd be different. Or if she was clearly stronger than him. But she basically kitty-swiped him. No need to go FULL HULK SMASH over that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events