Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2015, 05:32 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I don't know if this was posted already, but...

(Petition to) Reinstate Deandre Johnson to Florida State's football team
I'm not gonna lie, I'm tempted to sign it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 06:22 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,043,884 times
LOL...you gotta be kidding me ? ? ?

Some drunk chick blarbs at you and throws a sissy punch that my 5yr old nephew could duck...and he Full Blow Strikes her ? ? ?

Bahaahaa...I hope she has some Big Arse white supremacist brother ---who finds him.

Old 07-09-2015, 06:24 PM

1,069 posts, read 711,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Perhaps, but when a stranger takes upon themselves to throw racial epithets at you in the midst of an argument and then proceed to take the initiative to unsuspectingly punch you in the face--it's a little difficult to just "walk away" and laugh it off.

Thinking this over, I don't think he should have been charged, and I think he should sue the school to be reinstated on the team if he is indeed out.
You know for a fact she used epithets? No, u don't
So, if she said "hey a**hole" and he punched her he would be wrong, but if she said "hey n***er" then a punch is justified? Really?

You watching the same video as I am? That was an extremely weak "punch in the face" by her....you are really reaching now

Old 07-09-2015, 08:53 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne Bjornson View Post
Who goes looking for an intellectual debate about whether or not sucker punching a chick is cool? on City Data of all places?
Great strawman, you are definitely contributing to the declining post quality you were complaining about when you were complaining about black people earlier.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:38 PM

87 posts, read 210,506 times
Unhappy Tough Love

Too bad about this and a good lesson to others. Whatever the video looks like to us, it was up to a judge to decide on just what happened. A lot of grief can come to men who mix their alcohol and women. We've seen this play out over and over and it is just news when some famous football player or other such figure is involved. I guess the news is that he is off the team, but is he allowed to stay in school? Can he play again after doing the community service?

Old 07-09-2015, 11:01 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,075,941 times
In court, whoever hits first is at fault.

Old 07-09-2015, 11:21 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitoe View Post
In court, whoever hits first is at fault.
He laid his hands on her first by shoving her.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:20 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
I seriously cannot fathom how anyone can pretend to justify a drunken girl, seated, who throws an air punch that hits no one, is then hit full force right in the face, and that this can be dismissed as "well, she threw the first punch"….

My sister lives in Baltimore, and was just astounded at how many women spoke out in support of Ray Rice after his suspension. This is a guy who first spit in his wife's face, twice, and then after the second time she had enough and was knocked unconscious for protesting.

It's Neanderthal enough for men to support Deandre Johnson, but when I see women supporting him, I can only surmise they are themselves in abusive relationships.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:27 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Perhaps, but when a stranger takes upon themselves to throw racial epithets at you in the midst of an argument and then proceed to take the initiative to unsuspectingly punch you in the face--it's a little difficult to just "walk away" and laugh it off.

Thinking this over, I don't think he should have been charged, and I think he should sue the school to be reinstated on the team if he is indeed out.
The race card has been played, but it sounds almost like a desperate attempt to justify smashing a girl across the face. Personally I am very skeptical this girl used a racial epithet. I'd love to see his justification for bringing a lawsuit for being dismissed from the football team for punching a woman in the face, this would be a real laugher.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:15 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,671,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Hope this isn't turned into one of those threads.

Still, no matter what she did, he was dead wrong for that. Men should never hit women, imo.
Of course not, but they should both have been arrested and charged for brawling in a bar. Women should never hit men either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events