Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2015, 06:15 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,333,621 times

Advertisements

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery"-Malcolm X

What people fail to realize is that not everyone practices self-restraint and not everyone has self-control. There are people that have been taught to defend themselves whenever anyone strikes/hits/punches/slaps them. There are people that live by this quote from Malcolm X. Not very long ago, here in Little Rock, a man shot & killed his girlfriend (loaded 5-6 bullets in her) because she hit his mother during an altercation. This man left the house & came back later and almost emptied his gun into her.

I've taught my sons to never put their hands on anyone unless it's life or death. I've instilled in them because people don't have the mindset of walking away, you KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF, no matter how angry you are, no matter how provoked you are. There are too many walking "time bombs" out here, ready to detonate at the slightest or smallest incident. That's why you don't put your hands on anyone. That chick should be thankful Johnson does not live by that Malcolm X quote. Maybe if she'd heard about it, she would have thought before putting her hands on Johnson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 06:18 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,351,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne Bjornson View Post
So you're "pro" football players clocking broads at the bar? You must pull a lot of trim.
Funny, I basically saw him say that people should be held accountable for their own actions and pointing out the obvious hypocrisies. I've been saying the same thing, and still nobody has attempted to refute my point, instead the (failed) attempts at character assassination.

What does his sex life (or anyone's for that matter) have to do with this topic? Absolutely nada, just an attempt to deflect from the truth and appease emotions.

Personal attacks don't validate your argument.

Old 07-08-2015, 06:21 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,948,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
Research "White Knight" above.....you're the definition of it.

Also, unless you know the whole story you'd be better off not playing your superhero act unless you have a good amount stashed away for injury lawsuits, arrest, bail, etc. while being the apparent self proclaimed savior of womanhood.
I see white knighting as only coming to rescue of hot women and hoping that by "defending them" they'll be attracted to you. If one stands up for all women (even the fat and ugly ones) as a matter of principle, I wouldn't considering that a white knight.

Old 07-08-2015, 06:33 PM

847 posts, read 767,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery"-Malcolm X

What people fail to realize is that not everyone practices self-restraint and not everyone has self-control. There are people that have been taught to defend themselves whenever anyone strikes/hits/punches/slaps them. There are people that live by this quote from Malcolm X. Not very long ago, here in Little Rock, a man shot & killed his girlfriend (loaded 5-6 bullets in her) because she hit his mother during an altercation. This man left the house & came back later and almost emptied his gun into her.

I've taught my sons to never put their hands on anyone unless it's life or death. I've instilled in them because people don't have the mindset of walking away, you KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF, no matter how angry you are, no matter how provoked you are. There are too many walking "time bombs" out here, ready to detonate at the slightest or smallest incident. That's why you don't put your hands on anyone. That chick should be thankful Johnson does not live by that Malcolm X quote. Maybe if she'd heard about it, she would have thought before putting her hands on Johnson.
yeah but the risk of that is, you have so much self control and restraint

that you automatically become a door mat.

Old 07-08-2015, 06:49 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,758,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I see white knighting as only coming to rescue of hot women and hoping that by "defending them" they'll be attracted to you. If one stands up for all women (even the fat and ugly ones) as a matter of principle, I wouldn't considering that a white knight.

I think it might work differently on the internet. Everyone's watching and all that.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:50 PM

932 posts, read 900,784 times
Why is the dude even being charged when 1. The girl raised her fist in a threatening manner and 2. The girl hit him. Im not the one to be race in a thread but uhm...................

Im also tired of the suck ups. Why did the school dismiss him? I would had said in this land of the fee we got a right to protect ourselves. The football player was threaten and punched and he responded in a way to protect himself as if anyone of us would had done. He will continue to play football for us

I guess in today's world only a women can be a victim of assault of the opposite sex

here is the full video. She bumped him out the way to the bar to get a drink first off and she is only 19 years old not even suppose to be drinking. I bet they didnt charge her for underage drinking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH4k...ature=youtu.be

Also the girl keep screwing with him as if he was trying to get to the bar as well. at 0:12 she sticks out her leg to the left to block or either trip him. Look at it.

She knees him in the groin area around 0:19 then hit him

So she hits him first 2 times but no charges on her, that is Florida for you

The girl was in the wrong

My mother always told me there are 2 things that dont lie. Videos and numbers

Last edited by key2success; 07-08-2015 at 08:17 PM..

Old 07-08-2015, 08:17 PM

563 posts, read 524,762 times
Default Dear Mick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Having a Period? A Period? A Period? lol

Having a broad based rule for every possible situation is ridiculous. If Rhonda Roussey (a female MMA champion) is kicking your 5 year old kid in the face, then what? Period?

Mick
Oh, how sweet! We made a little funny! I am so glad you and that guy from Burger King can now get married. I never had a problem with that. Period. Good luck to you boys.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:21 PM

Default Stating the obvious takes balls these days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
I mean, it's common sense, men and women are not equal physically. A woman's attacks probably won't hurt a guy so much, whereas a quarterback can really do a girl some damage.

i didn't know having morals means I was brainwashed but gee, what do I know?

Right is right. You don't even need to think about it!

Old 07-08-2015, 08:28 PM

Default Sorry, I just don't clock any woman the face. For any reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
A man should never hit a woman in anger or outburst. Period! But if a woman decides to start throwing punches and escalating a situation to the point where it becomes physical and starts physically assaulting the man then he has the right to protect himself and do what is needed to stop the assault, not putting up with being treated like a punching bag under the "never hit a woman" banner. Period!

There, fixed it for you.

You may want to run that past your woman to see if your allowed to read it or think about it (LOL).

By the way, did you ever think that the "never hit a woman" thing has served to make things worse....by which I mean some women now have that so ingrained in them that it results in them acting worse & more violently than if they considered they might get hit in return?

It is an unjustifiable act, hitting a woman. It is a basic no brainer. I watched the video several times. I hope whatever DA get this case serves it up nice and good. A good smack down, deserves a good smack down. I hoped you see what I saw, "A big quarterback, ouching a girl in the face." That is all SHE wrote. And that is good enough for me.

I hope I fixed that for you. Your welcome!

Old 07-08-2015, 08:30 PM

Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willistonite View Post
OMG really, she barely touched him and then he fully punches her in the face. We need to stop justifying beating women in our society by basically saying they deserve it. Same thing happen with Ray Rice, she hit him and then he knocks her out and drags her like an animal. This FSU guy is cut from the same cloth. Huge anger issues. They need to walk a way like a real man would do.

I could not agree more. You said it all, and well said!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events