Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2015, 11:19 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,866,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
I need to turn a profit is the defacto go to excuse for rich white folks raping the common man. The pill costs a dollar to make and probably 5-10 bucks in additional costs. This demon could easily make a profit charging 30-50 bucks for it, but whites, being the lecherous soul less scavengers they are, saw an opening and decided to go for the jugular.
While I'll agree for most of the history of the United States it has been those rich White folks against everyone else after all that was the way our country was established from the get go by the rich who were the only ones really to benefit by the Revolutionary War.

Ordinary people , white indebted servants and Black slaves did not benefit (read a "People's History of the United States" by Howard Zinn) you cannot ignore the fact that there are Blacks and other minorities that have made it up the financial ladder that hold to the values of those rich White folks have been welcomed with open arms making this a class struggle although most Blacks and other minorities are still discriminated against by a certain percentage of whites, even some poor whites who still consider themselves better than Blacks and other minorities. Many of these poor Whites only look at their present predicament to be only a bump in the road till they get to become the upper-class.

There is a rich white man sitting at a table with a poor back and poor white man, there is a plate with 12 cookies on it, the rich white man takes 11 of the cookies leaving one on the plate, he tells the poor white man lookout before that black man steals your cookie.

True story, I moved to Virginia several years ago and recently attended my first good old boy barbeque.
The first conversation I had and only conversation besides some very small talk with others was with a 40 year old white male who seemed like a very likable person, out of the blue he mentioned that he supported the Donald and that he and his friends keep guns in-between the front seats of their pickup trucks waiting for the start of the coming race war.

He said they were tired of Blacks taking everything, I asked him if he ever thought that it may be the rich and corporations that were the source of his problems, he just looked at me with this this look as if I had just said something in a foreign language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 11:30 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
The following is the common approach to all issues by conservatives and liberals.

A conservative says:
"It hasn't happened to me, so I don't care"
A liberal says,
"It should never happen to anyone, and that is why I care."
No, more like:

A conservative says:
"You created or contributed to your own problems in a major way, so fix it yourself instead of having me pay to fix it."
A liberal says:
"It doesn't matter that you did it! It's just unfair, you're a victim and I'll use somebody else's money to fix it so you can keep doing it!"

Old 09-22-2015, 11:38 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,866,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
No, more like:

A conservative says:
"You created or contributed to your own problems in a major way, so fix it yourself instead of having me pay to fix it."
A liberal says:
"It doesn't matter that you did it! It's just unfair, you're a victim and I'll use somebody else's money to fix it so you can keep doing it!"
The truth of the matter is the extreme wealthy and corporations are the biggest welfare queens.
Between tax loopholes and subsidies they pay very little tax or no tax at all while getting millions in tax returns, we the people have to make up the difference.

Old 09-22-2015, 11:41 AM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
And this is why more and more laws are created. Preying on people for fun and profit, how screwed up are these peoples morals?
This is why I have to believe there is a "Hell" because people like that need a place to go and all that will go with it.

Didn't Trump say something about these "Hedge fund people"?

Hopefully, there is something better coming on the horizon and it won't be hard to undercut his price. Hopefully this person "reaps what he sows".

I know it is business but hopefully when he needs something to stay alive, he'll meet the same fate.

Old 09-22-2015, 11:47 AM

5,790 posts, read 5,103,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Sounds like the drug was limited in availability up to this due to supply issues. Low cost is not always good.

It is a 60 year old drug, someone else can make it.
Wait for a Chinese knock-off, and watch this guy's smug grin turn into a sour puss frown....

Old 09-22-2015, 12:01 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,542,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Wait for a Chinese knock-off, and watch this guy's smug grin turn into a sour puss frown....

Naw, this idiot will probably sell the drug to someone else and make tens of millions.

Old 09-22-2015, 12:06 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,188,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
That's how the Market works.

You want the product-in this case-to remain alive?

Pony up. Or else. Simple as that. If he prices himself out, a competitor will come along.

It sucks but that's life.
It's not that simple. I worked in the industry. First you have patent protection for 20 years so you can't "just make the same drug". Second you have to go through clinical trials and multiple phases of FDA approval. So a "competitor" has to find an alternative that works as well as the one being price gouged and jump through all of those hurtles that take anywhere from 5-10 years.

Your comment was stupid and that's what's wrong with this country. People are so in love with the free market- except of course if it was your child or spouse that needed that drug and you could not afford it. Can't afford to stay alive, it sucks but that's life!

Old 09-22-2015, 12:09 PM

361 posts, read 385,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
So, someone chooses to not part with their property at a price that you deem acceptable, and your conclusion is they are "evil." Do you come to the same conclusion about everyone that charges a higher price than you like? For a new car? For a gallon of milk? For gasoline?

When I first read your post I assumed you were being sarcastic. Now I'm not sure, are you being serious?

Old 09-22-2015, 12:13 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,562,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrodome2 View Post
It's not that simple. I worked in the industry. First you have patent protection for 20 years so you can't "just make the same drug". Second you have to go through clinical trials and multiple phases of FDA approval. So a "competitor" has to find an alternative that works as well as the one being price gouged and jump through all of those hurtles that take anywhere from 5-10 years.

Your comment was stupid and that's what's wrong with this country. People are so in love with the free market- except of course if it was your child or spouse that needed that drug and you could not afford it. Can't afford to stay alive, it sucks but that's life!
This is a proven generic drug well past its patent. Generic drug manufactures have talented chemists, all they have to do is demonstrate that their drug is an equivalent and FDA approval is a slam dunk.

Old 09-22-2015, 12:33 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
So, someone chooses to not part with their property at a price that you deem acceptable, and your conclusion is they are "evil." Do you come to the same conclusion about everyone that charges a higher price than you like? For a new car? For a gallon of milk? For gasoline?
"Their property?" That's a stretch.

He may have paid for the patent but he didn't create a damn thing. And honestly, people should just show up where he lives until the price drops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events