Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 12:59 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
It baffles me that somebody thinks it's okay to walk up to another human being and punch them with the intention of knocking them out. It's sadder to me when it's an old man or woman, but awful regardless. Just baffles me to the point I can't even think about it too hard because then I get ANGRY - where are the morals? Where is the guidance? Where are the parents?... Prison? On drugs? Out assaulting people themselves? Baffles me.

I could not imagine walking up to some random old guy and punching him so he is knocked out cold on the ground. I just can't imagine it.
Well that's the whole thing. No normal person would ever imagine doing something like that. Think about how messed up that kid is. To do what that kid did I believe he is a sociopath. This is beyond misbehavior. He is a menace!!

Old 02-07-2016, 01:07 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
If a rabid dog was threatening children and the elderly in my neighborhood, I would think nothing of putting it down, either by myself or through an animal control officer or a policeman. What is the difference between that and the animal pictured?

Old 02-07-2016, 01:13 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
If a rabid dog was threatening children and the elderly in my neighborhood, I would think nothing of putting it down, either by myself or through an animal control officer or a policeman. What is the difference between that and the animal pictured?
LOL yes. Lets say you had a pitbull that was knocking people unconscious. What would happen to that dog? I bet it wouldn't be around too long!!!!!

Old 02-07-2016, 01:14 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111
This punk downloaded the video to his facebook page. Proud of what he did. What a waste of a human being!!!
I wonder if facebook will kick him off the site?? (I dont thnk they even like this kind of behaviour)

Poor guy

Old 02-07-2016, 01:48 PM

21,876 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
This is obviously a mischievous young person behaving badly. He should be held accountable for his actions under the rule of law for minors. The sick person however is anyone that calls for a juvenile committing a crime to be "put down." Again, what the kid did is disgusting but the OPs comment is even more despicable.
I don't have a problem with the death penalty for minors. I have a problem with the death penalty in that it's a huge waste of money as people spend 30-40 years on death row which is extremely expensive compared with just life without the possibility of parole due to all the special treatment they get.

In this case, I don't think it merits the death penalty. He should be put away until somewhere between the age of 25 and 35 as he doesn't belong in society, possibly life depending on past history. Most likely he's just someone that should never be allowed in society and will always be like that. There's some research, however, that as people age and their hormonal mix changes that what essentially are evil, bad, whatever you want to call it, people do sometimes become capable of controlling themselves somewhere around 25-35 in most cases. It's not so much that they change in character. It's just they lose the invulnerability of youth, so to speak, and become capable for their own selfish reasons of restraint. They might still not see anything wrong with cold clocking a random old guy on the street and still think it would be a really fun thing to do. They're just able to control themselves and weigh how awesome that would be against potentially spending the next 10-20 years in prison.

Most, of course, do not. Especially with someone young, however, the recidivism rates are actually lower. They're more like 55% instead of 70% for someone convicted between 25 and 55. There's basically that extra 15% chance. Not huge, but enough for me to say he should be let out at around 30-35 and given a chance to try again. Given the risk to society he poses currently and the basically 50/50 chance that he should ever be released out in the public, that's as far as my leniency goes.

Last edited by Malloric; 02-07-2016 at 02:11 PM..

Old 02-07-2016, 01:52 PM

16,072 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Quote:
you're one of those bleeding heart libs who would listen to sad stories how what a terrible upbringing this little sh*t had and believe he deserves less than a full measure of justice for his brutal and uncaring attack on an innocent human being.
Another person with comprehension issues. Where in any of my response did I say a crime wasn't committed? And that the kid shouldn't be charged? Confused souls.
Stop being deliberately obtuse, nowhere did anyone say such a thing about you or your post. Your condescending posts are a lame attempt at pretending to be logical.

Old 02-07-2016, 02:12 PM

684 posts, read 514,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
It baffles me that somebody thinks it's okay to walk up to another human being and punch them with the intention of knocking them out. It's sadder to me when it's an old man or woman, but awful regardless. Just baffles me to the point I can't even think about it too hard because then I get ANGRY - where are the morals? Where is the guidance? Where are the parents?... Prison? On drugs? Out assaulting people themselves? Baffles me.

I could not imagine walking up to some random old guy and punching him so he is knocked out cold on the ground. I just can't imagine it.

I was taught at an very young age that you helped elderly people cross the street; not sucker punch them unconscious but thats the differences I guess in culture and social upbringing.

Does it make me a racist that the first thing that came to my mind was I said "It must have been a young black guy" that did this. Don't answer that question because it's a rhetorical question

and yes the perp was just as I figured, a young black male which falls into the demographic of such behavior while labeling it a game. Then the perp urrr I mean young scholar posts the video on his Facebook account for the entire world to see. Goes without saying that he was dumb enough to do the crime but even dumber to post it so the authorities now have all the evidence they need to prosecute him.

However what nobody has commented on is the irony thats lost of the location of where the attack happened. On the corner of Rosa Parks BLVD. A road named after a woman who stood up for the rights of black people at a time when blacks were still segregated because they were though of as "Culturally Different"

Old 02-07-2016, 02:27 PM

21,876 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Here's one who was shot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=zjP39MS_GYk

and one killed although not when he was playing the game:

‘Knockout Game’ perp shot, killed

And one where the victim has help and then fights back (may not have been knockout game though):

Cops Reveal Crucial Detail in Vegas Video of Man Who Appears to Try to ‘Knock Woman Out’ | Video | TheBlaze.com
See, that video is exactly what I'm talking about. Notice how he talks about attacking 6 or 7 people like it's not a big deal. My non-expert opinion, he exhibits behavior common in psychopaths which is what most of these people are. Many of them just are not capable of having a normal conscience that would stop you or I from committing these kinds of acts. They're sick. You can't treat it. In most cases they need to permanently be removed from society. A minority will be able to construct an artificial conscience governed by the external pressure of the punishment society will dole out if they get caught or the risk of retaliation by their intended victims being what informs them on their everyday actions. That's extremely difficult to do, however. We make thousands of emotionally-based decisions like this on a day to day basis and having to run them through a logical filter is overwhelming.

Old 02-07-2016, 03:32 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times
Quote:
If you do not know the difference between a human being, a dog and how that relates to the Constitution and Laws of the United States then you have nothing intelligent to add to this discussion.

Old 02-07-2016, 03:44 PM

19,127 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:

You might want to address such issues to the Pretender in Chief and his goons who set the example of how the system works.

So, instead of actually responding in a substantive manner to the questions that I posed, you have decided to attempt to deflect the issue? If you had a clear understanding of what is encompassed in The Constitution of The United States, you would have been able to provide a response with substance.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events