Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 08:37 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leemel1969 View Post
Rape has nothing to do with money its about FEAR.
What?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 08:49 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yes, it is true, its been scientifically proven.

If what you say is true, only attractive, fit women would be rape victims.
On balance, that's true. Attractive young women are at MUCH MUCH greater risk for rape than other demographics.

Obviously, there are others who are also raped, including men by men and very old women.

But attractive single young women make up the bulk of victims.

Old 01-29-2019, 05:10 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Rapes happen in all sorts of circumstances and with all sorts of motivations. Sometimes it's about sex, sometimes it's opportunity, sometimes it's mental illness, sometimes it is about power, physical power or social power or some other form of leverage. You can't pin it down to one thing, the crimes are too varied.

Old 01-29-2019, 07:20 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
The should be charged as adults and doing 10 - 15 in federal PITA prison. Then they will understand what it’s like to be raped.

Old 01-29-2019, 07:20 AM

18,548 posts, read 15,586,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I agree. If they are doing these types of serious crimes now, who knows what they'll be doing in ten years. They need to be locked up. I'll go even farther to say I think their parents should face criminal charges for negligent supervision of their children. They should also get sterilized so they don't have any more kids.
This only seems reasonable if it can be proven that the parents reasonably knew that their kids were this dangerous and did nothing about it. Do you expect parents to put all their kids on total lockdown if they have any sign of aggressive behavior? If someone gets into a fist fight when they are 11, are they supposed to be grounded for life?

Old 01-29-2019, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
This only seems reasonable if it can be proven that the parents reasonably knew that their kids were this dangerous and did nothing about it. Do you expect parents to put all their kids on total lockdown if they have any sign of aggressive behavior? If someone gets into a fist fight when they are 11, are they supposed to be grounded for life?
And always, when you have crimes perpetrated by a group of very young people, some are much more at fault than others.

It's likely one or two are the leaders, and for one or two, this is really out of character.

Old 01-29-2019, 07:28 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,879,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It was a terrible story. She was 11, her 20 assailants (over a couple months time, not one single event) were 12-mid 20's.

And the town basically turned on her, and things were said in court that would make you say, "that can't be true". Specifically, a defense lawyer called her a spider luring the men into her web, and no one, including the sheriff disagreed.

I think all 20 have been convicted. The juveniles got a much lesser sentence. The "ring leader" is serving 99 years.

An update, last we heard from her she was 14 and pregnant.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...pe-4889262.php
My 3rd kid had a schoomate who was sexually active at age 11 (fifth grade!) and BRAGGED about it; she looked far older, developed early. She did come from a horrid homelife (drug addict mother, father in prison for rape, was being reared by her -single- paternal grandfather) but she was absolutely capable of "luring men" into her web. My daughter's boyfriend (these kids all grew up in same neighborhood and attended school together for years) told me that the girl would engage in sexual activity of any and all sorts, with anyone who asked, that this was commonly known. She had genital herpes in sixth grade (told me this herself).

Old 01-29-2019, 08:03 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
I think the parents should at least be visited by CPS when their kid commits some horrible crime. I don't think the parent should be totally let off the hook.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
My 3rd kid had a schoomate who was sexually active at age 11 (fifth grade!) and BRAGGED about it; she looked far older, developed early. She did come from a horrid homelife (drug addict mother, father in prison for rape, was being reared by her -single- paternal grandfather) but she was absolutely capable of "luring men" into her web. My daughter's boyfriend (these kids all grew up in same neighborhood and attended school together for years) told me that the girl would engage in sexual activity of any and all sorts, with anyone who asked, that this was commonly known. She had genital herpes in sixth grade (told me this herself).
This is the problem.

Apparently everyone knew about this girl, and no one did anything. i know back in the 70's and prior, it was just ignored when girls have fallen so completely off the rails that they're behaving this way.

When she's 30, she'll tell aghast girlfriends that when she was 11, she was having all kinds of sex and everyone knew about it, and she even told a friend's mom she had genital herpes and no one even called CPS.

Or did you call CPS? If she was treated by a doctor, they would have called.

Men who are "lured" by an 11 year old girl are predators, and that's how she got that way in the first place.

Old 01-29-2019, 09:25 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,315,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
The should be charged as adults and doing 10 - 15 in federal PITA prison. Then they will understand what it’s like to be raped.
This, predators meet PREDATORS, the punishment should fit the crime.

I don't like saying or believing this however I am a mother of sons and daughters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events