Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2013, 04:49 PM

298 posts, read 416,728 times

Advertisements

Personally loving this weather. I get to sit back and read and not have to deal with the stresses of school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Power's still out in my area. Of all the zip codes in DFW, we are the 8th worst on the list in terms of people affected by a widespread outage. Oncor's latest estimate is another 24 hours to restore power.

This has made me seriously consider moving out of my neighborhood, and I'm not even kidding. Power outages on this side of town are pretty much constant and regular. We're the first to lose power and the last to get it back every time. I'm so sick of this.
Aw. I hope you get your power much quicker than that. No power outages here in Mountain Creek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
I went out for a short walk and had to call 9-1-1 for severe frostbite. If I can't play golf the weather is not good. I loathe cold weather!
May I ask why? At least in cold weather you can warm up, while in hot weather, unless your in the water, you're stuck in uncomfortable heat. But that's just the way I see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 04:54 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKAddict View Post
Aw. I hope you get your power much quicker than that. No power outages here in Mountain Creek.

Like I said, we're always the first to lose it and the last to get it back. Oncor doesn't care about us. The evidence is 4 years of regular, lengthy power outages.

Old 12-06-2013, 05:01 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,860,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
Hell yeah. I've been at various parks all day. I just got home. I have a lot of pics but the site won't automatically downsize them and I'm too lazy to do it myself. I'm worn out for today but you can bet I'll be out there again tomorrow.
I posted mine on Facebook first and then copied the URL from there and posted here next. Wouldn't know how to get it here from my phone otherwise, lol.

Correction, did not go out to Lake Lewisville for the marina pic, lol. Stole that from one of my friend's FB posts....

Old 12-06-2013, 05:07 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,056,573 times
A sample of the pictures I took.
Attached Thumbnails
Winter Ice Storm Events - December, 2013 - DFW Area-pc060146-small.jpg   Winter Ice Storm Events - December, 2013 - DFW Area-pc060147-small.jpg   Winter Ice Storm Events - December, 2013 - DFW Area-pc060150-small.jpg  

Old 12-06-2013, 05:10 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronicity View Post
highcotton, you should step outside and enjoy this weather! It's nice and brisk and will get your blood flowing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
I'd pay to see that.
Here ya go!

Old 12-06-2013, 05:10 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,056,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
I posted mine on Facebook first and then copied the URL from there and posted here next. Wouldn't know how to get it here from my phone otherwise, lol.
Yeah, I was hesitant to link to my real life persona. I prefer to stay anonymous.

Old 12-06-2013, 05:40 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,646,754 times
highcotton, it is a travesty that CD won't let me rep you.

Old 12-06-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKAddict View Post
May I ask why? At least in cold weather you can warm up, while in hot weather, unless your in the water, you're stuck in uncomfortable heat. But that's just the way I see it.
I would much rather it is 112 degrees than sub-60. I just don't like cold weather - never have. I'm outside playing tournament golf and practicing a lot. The heat does not bother me at all, as I'm in excellent shape and very used to it. The cold - you can have it! If I liked cold I'd have to live in some God-foresaken place like Detroit or Milwaukee! Ever hear of anyone retiring to cold weather states? Give me blue skies and warmth anyday. Who wants to have the weather make you need to get all bundled up with thick, heavy clothing before going outside. Not me!

Old 12-06-2013, 05:46 PM

212 posts, read 410,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Like I said, we're always the first to lose it and the last to get it back. Oncor doesn't care about us. The evidence is 4 years of regular, lengthy power outages.
My first power outage in West Arapaho Heights, but I had power back in 6 hours, and it's still on. Maybe having the schools (RHS, West Jr. High, Arapaho Elem) nearby makes a difference?

Old 12-06-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronicity View Post
highcotton, it is a travesty that CD won't let me rep you.

Pray-tell, why would you want to rep me? I did receive a few reps, but I don't know from whom...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas