Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2013, 03:08 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,300,151 times

Advertisements

My power's still out and latest estimate from Oncor is 16 more hours to fix it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 03:29 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,057,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
kenshi - are you enjoying this mess that you love so much?
Hell yeah. I've been at various parks all day. I just got home. I have a lot of pics but the site won't automatically downsize them and I'm too lazy to do it myself. I'm worn out for today but you can bet I'll be out there again tomorrow.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:34 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,477,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
Hell yeah. I've been at various parks all day. I just got home. I have a lot of pics but the site won't automatically downsize them and I'm too lazy to do it myself. I'm worn out for today but you can bet I'll be out there again tomorrow.
What's there to do out there - pee on the ice?

Old 12-06-2013, 03:40 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,648,311 times
Went out at 245 AM to try and drive my wife to work. We'd parked our cars on the street (we would never have gotten out of our driveway as it slopes down from the street to the garage), but we literally weren't able to go more than 5 feet - too much ice packed everywhere. Wife called in, then she tried again around 7AM and still couldn't get moving. So we're all home today, which is probably for the best.

Other than that, we've been fortunate - no power loss, looks like the trees still have all their limbs. Daughter went out sledding with friends, came back in for a few minutes for hot cocoa in front of the fireplace and is heading back out for another round. So it's all good, a nice lazy pretty "snow" day, an oasis of calm among the havoc otherwise wreaked (or however you say that) by this system. I also made a nice breakfast (egg sandwiches - bacon and eggs cooked in the bacon grease, atop english muffins with a slice of cheddar) and am now sipping some coffee.

I hope everyone else out there stays safe and doesn't suffer any damage. Best wishes to all.

highcotton, you should step outside and enjoy this weather! It's nice and brisk and will get your blood flowing!

Old 12-06-2013, 03:41 PM

1,783 posts, read 2,573,491 times
Made it to Austin. Sun is out but still cold. : )

Old 12-06-2013, 03:48 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,477,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronicity View Post
Went out at 245 AM to try and drive my wife to work. We'd parked our cars on the street (we would never have gotten out of our driveway as it slopes down from the street to the garage), but we literally weren't able to go more than 5 feet - too much ice packed everywhere. Wife called in, then she tried again around 7AM and still couldn't get moving. So we're all home today, which is probably for the best.

Other than that, we've been fortunate - no power loss, looks like the trees still have all their limbs. Daughter went out sledding with friends, came back in for a few minutes for hot cocoa in front of the fireplace and is heading back out for another round. So it's all good, a nice lazy pretty "snow" day, an oasis of calm among the havoc otherwise wreaked (or however you say that) by this system. I also made a nice breakfast (egg sandwiches - bacon and eggs cooked in the bacon grease, atop english muffins with a slice of cheddar) and am now sipping some coffee.

I hope everyone else out there stays safe and doesn't suffer any damage. Best wishes to all.

highcotton, you should step outside and enjoy this weather! It's nice and brisk and will get your blood flowing!
I went out for a short walk and had to call 9-1-1 for severe frostbite. If I can't play golf the weather is not good. I loathe cold weather!

Old 12-06-2013, 03:58 PM

2,353 posts, read 3,865,120 times
The kids and I cleared ice from the side walks and driveway while my husband worked from home. Nice to get out of the house. Not many cars out on my street though.

Old 12-06-2013, 04:08 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,057,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronicity View Post
I'd pay to see that.

Old 12-06-2013, 04:19 PM

2,825 posts, read 4,465,373 times
I love staying home on days like today!!!

Old 12-06-2013, 04:34 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,300,151 times
Power's still out in my area. Of all the zip codes in DFW, we are the 8th worst on the list in terms of people affected by a widespread outage. Oncor's latest estimate is another 24 hours to restore power.

This has made me seriously consider moving out of my neighborhood, and I'm not even kidding. Power outages on this side of town are pretty much constant and regular. We're the first to lose power and the last to get it back every time. I'm so sick of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas