Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2013, 06:02 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,855,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
Yeah, I was hesitant to link to my real life persona. I prefer to stay anonymous.
I hear ya, my pic was rather anonymous... I think...

You don't see any link on your end to my FB page do you? Don't see it on my end. Just copied the URL from the photo after I posted it to FB. If anyone is that hellbent on tracking down my FB page from that, well you can see some pics of a paunchy middle aged white guy. Have at it, lol....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 06:13 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,492,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Since I posted this power went out for a minute then back on. Then after a couple of more minutes off for about 5 minutes and I thought that was it but then on again. Charging my phone too, lol. Jacking up the thermostat even tho I don't like it that warm. Got enough wood for a day or two of fires but that's it.
Well we lost power at around 5:30 am. Got it back around 1:30 pm just in time because the house was getting cold! Not counting my chickens yet, heard more booms tonight and we have that whole new storm tomorrow. We have enough wood for tomorrow and that's it.

Old 12-06-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
My power's still out and latest estimate from Oncor is 16 more hours to fix it.
Sorry to hear. Hoping ours stays on from now on but not getting my hopes up with the deep freeze. We lost lots of limbs and had to cut some large limbs in order to get the car out of the garage.

Old 12-06-2013, 06:25 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,055,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
You don't see any link on your end to my FB page do you?
I don't now but I'm pretty sure I did earlier. Did you change it? I recall having to click on a link and it going to a Facebook page.

Old 12-06-2013, 06:26 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Well we lost power at around 5:30 am. Got it back around 1:30 pm just in time because the house was getting cold! Not counting my chickens yet, heard more booms tonight and we have that whole new storm tomorrow. We have enough wood for tomorrow and that's it.
Let's see now...

At around 5:30 am your rooster began crowing and all the chickens got scared and took off, so you're not ready to count your chickens yet because you hear booms in the night as someone is apparently shooting at them...but that's okay because you have enough wood to cook the chickens that get shot on the rotisserie tomorrow. Got it! What time is dinner?

Old 12-06-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Let's see now...

At around 5:30 am your rooster began crowing and all the chickens got scared and took off, so you're not ready to count your chickens yet because you hear booms in the night as someone is apparently shooting at them...but that's okay because you have enough wood to cook the chickens that get shot on the rotisserie tomorrow. Got it! What time is dinner?
Right. that's exactly what I meant! Ugh, give me a break, highcotton. I'm not enjoying this any more than you are!

Old 12-06-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Right. that's exactly what I meant! Ugh, give me a break, highcotton. I'm not enjoying this any more than you are!
I'm with ya! Looks like we won't have any melting until Sunday. Good luck to you...

Old 12-06-2013, 07:13 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,645,373 times
Quote:
Pray-tell, why would you want to rep me? I did receive a few reps, but I don't know from whom...
For your snowboarding expertise, of course!

BTW, I still plan to retire to the Oregon Coast and New Zealand, switching hemispheres every equinox. That's not exactly a cold climate, but it ain't hot like here most of the time!

Old 12-06-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronicity View Post
For your snowboarding expertise, of course!

BTW, I still plan to retire to the Oregon Coast and New Zealand, switching hemispheres every equinox. That's not exactly a cold climate, but it ain't hot like here most of the time!

You should see me figure skating. Especially the one-foot salchow coming off a tuck axel!!!

Wellington is nice, but not warm enough for me...

Old 12-06-2013, 08:12 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,645,373 times
Quote:
You should see me figure skating. Especially the one-foot salchow coming off a tuck axel!!!

Wellington is nice, but not warm enough for me...
Heck, Cairns probably isn't warm enough for you!

Wellington has tons of Greeks, so that makes it desirable IMHO.

Stay warm tonight and tomorrow. Take care. Wife is joining kidlet for sledding tomorrow AM. Walkin' in a winter wonderland!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas