Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 04:34 PM

19,801 posts, read 18,104,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
No, KWP is great. It will absolutely pay itself off.

The Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge was a massive waste of money.

The Trolley to Oak Cliff is a massive waste of money.

The Cotton Belt line (Dallas pays for half of dart) is a massive waste of money.

The stupid tollway in the levy, as well as the park that will never be built, are all massive wastes of money.

The dumb fake rapids on the Trinity kayak thing was a massive waste of money.
For once we are in near perfect agreement. Especially regarding the rapids park or whatever it was called in The Trinity. Although my guess is MHHB bothers you more than me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
North of 30. North of Downtown. Yeah, of course, it is on the north side of the city.
This is real life not 2nd grade. North Dallas does begin at the southern edge of Uptown.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Dallas

Old 06-10-2019, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Never thought it was such a wild claim at all . KWP is for certain in north Dallas. It's not the technical North Dallas neighborhood definition, but geographically that's where the park is.

One thing about the bridges is that Dallas "leaders" got exactly what they wanted. I was in DFW visiting Texas recently with my gf and when she saw the bridges for the first time she said "oh that's cool". When I explained the "extravagance" of the bridges and how they aren't necessarily what they look like, she said "haha well at least they look cool".

The "cool" factor is what many Dallas leaders want. Forget all else.
Come on.

Old 06-10-2019, 04:41 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,980,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Come on.
Your very short responses to a few in this thread show you don't have much to say.

Old 06-10-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Your very short responses to a few in this thread show you don't have much to say.
Regarding your logic. No I don't have much to say.

Old 06-10-2019, 07:16 PM

245 posts, read 255,012 times
Quote:
This is real life not 2nd grade. North Dallas does begin at the southern edge of Uptown.

You should look up Short North Dallas

Old 06-10-2019, 07:17 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,269,061 times
Quote:

The Specific neighborhood of North Dallas? No. Northern Dallas, absolutely. North of 30 is the Northern half of Dallas.

Same thing as Southern Dallas vs South Dallas.

The Wikipedia article links to a series of neighborhoods BTW, most of which aren't "North Dallas" but parts of the Northern Part of Dallas.

The Wikipedia article even admits what is considered "North Dallas" has changed. Consider where North Dallas HS is. My point being, it isn't really fixed. Uptown used to be included Oak Lawn, Oak Lawn used to be North Dallas.

It's all semantics, but the truth remains that Uptown is part of the northern half of the city: Economically, Demographically, and Culturally.

Old 06-10-2019, 07:22 PM

Quote:
The Specific neighborhood of North Dallas? No. Northern Dallas, absolutely. North of 30 is the Northern half of Dallas.

Same thing as Southern Dallas vs South Dallas.

The Wikipedia article links to a series of neighborhoods BTW, most of which aren't "North Dallas" but parts of the Northern Part of Dallas.

The Wikipedia article even admits what is considered "North Dallas" has changed. Consider where North Dallas HS is. My point being, it isn't really fixed. Uptown used to be included Oak Lawn, Oak Lawn used to be North Dallas.

It's all semantics, but the truth remains that Uptown is part of the northern half of the city: Economically, Demographically, and Culturally.

Re-read what he guy wrote about ten posts back.

Old 06-10-2019, 07:33 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,269,061 times
Quote:
For once we are in near perfect agreement. Especially regarding the rapids park or whatever it was called in The Trinity. Although my guess is MHHB bothers you more than me.
I mean don't get me wrong, I've seen white water parks done well, but the way Dallas did it was a theft to the taxpayer in an attempt to have a cool new toy and line goon's pockets. There wasn't any real demand for it to begin with, the Trinity isn't a good candidate for sort of thing, and the location was terrible.

I do hate the MHHB, but the Ped bridge next to it was brilliant. You can go there at night and see folks of all types just walking around and enjoying the skyline. It's about as close of a thing as you can get in Dallas to a European plaza.

Old 06-10-2019, 07:41 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,980,279 times
Quote:
Regarding your logic. No I don't have much to say.
You must be new to Dallas to not know that "North Dallas" can mean two separate things. I see others are trying to tell you the same thing...

Besides, I explained the different in the post you quoted but that wasn't enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas