Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 12:36 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,378,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin-Dallas View Post
With prices getting up near 400 a sq ft in certain areas and high property taxes. Is this sustainable?
"400 a sq ft"? Say what? That doesn't exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Yes, it’s shocking. The city just keeps on building boondoggle projects and not focusing on the basics that will help this city. It makes me angry! The Dallas establishment is pushing this agenda. They’re solely focused on their interests and not the citizens of Dallas. Hell, some of them don’t even live in Dallas...they live in the Park Cities.
The people in the Park Cities are the people who make Dallas what it is. They make Dallas a place people want to move to.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
It absolutely blows my mind that anyone thought the Calatrava bridges were a good idea.

The only thing more pointless than the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge is the Margaret McDermott Bridge which isn't even one bridge, it's two bridges with fake decorative steel arches that don't even hold up the bridges.
That was just city government crooks getting federal money for **** no one wanted. No one who wasn't getting paid thought that was a good idea.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Never thought it was such a wild claim at all . KWP is for certain in north Dallas. It's not the technical North Dallas neighborhood definition, but geographically that's where the park is.
Bull****. By your definition, it's in central Dallas.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:15 AM

4,001 posts, read 3,268,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
The people in the Park Cities are the people who make Dallas what it is. They make Dallas a place people want to move to.
I mean in the sense that the run a lot of businesses or whatnot and are important to the business community sure...

Culturally I don't think many people care about them or that many people move here to be part of their "scene"

Old 06-11-2019, 08:18 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,979,327 times
Quote:
Bull****. By your definition, it's in central Dallas.
It could be all of those things. North or northern Dallas because it's on the north side of I-30. It could be Central Dallas because it's in the central part of Dallas.

Some people can really only see things one way lol.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:23 AM

4,001 posts, read 3,268,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
It could be all of those things. North or northern Dallas because it's on the north side of I-30. It could be Central Dallas because it's in the central part of Dallas.

Some people can really only see things one way lol.
Some people only argue based on semantics.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:58 AM

6,697 posts, read 9,952,165 times
Quote:
And yet...a whole section of Dallas (that’s equivalent to the size of Atlanta) suffers from chronic poverty and no investment. The vast majority of those people live in a bubble and aren’t concerned about the massive poverty in Dallas.

Old 06-11-2019, 09:04 AM

19,804 posts, read 18,099,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
Some people only argue based on semantics.
Semantics? It's generations of people referring to certain areas by certain names. I get that these things change some over time. That said virtually no one around here honestly thinks of KWP as being in North Dallas. Instead you and the other guy are engaged in Bill Clinton quality hair-splitting.

This is a pretty fair run down.........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Dallas

Old 06-11-2019, 09:39 AM

19,804 posts, read 18,099,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
And yet...a whole section of Dallas (that’s equivalent to the size of Atlanta) suffers from chronic poverty and no investment. The vast majority of those people live in a bubble and aren’t concerned about the massive poverty in Dallas.
No investment? False statements like that do not help your arguments.

Sticking with I-30 as the line..........
Home Depot will build its largest distribution center anywhere on West Jefferson.
Cristo Rey opened a new school
There's all sorts of private investment activity- restaurants, homes, apts, retail etc - currently in and around Bishop Arts.
There's something of building boom in Trinity Groves.
Parkland has make significant investments in brick and mortar and mobile clinics in South Dallas.
I could go on.

Every big city everywhere has problems with relative poverty and absolute poverty. My guess is over the next 15 years we will see significant growth in South Dallas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas