Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 12:05 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,268,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post

So far as the car wash on MLK and "Classic Dallas" and The DMN and The City...........Judge Eric Moye, who is absolutely not a nut, issued several orders to the car wash - including 24x7 security and restricted hours. Like it or not that car wash has been an epicenter of crime and especially drug dealing for years.
I don't know how often you drive your Mercedes down to South Dallas, or if you have ever actually gotten out of it while you are down there, but the issue isn't the car was, you can buy drugs all up and down MLK.

Maybe people would have a place to hang out if they didn't fence off the neighbourhoods park from the residents to make going to the fair less "uncomfortable" for white people in the 70s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
So far as the COSTCO - I don't recall the specifics but that COSTCO projects to be a net financial winner for the city within 5 or 6 years.
It was still a stupid, corporate-minded, shortsighted decision.

It's like cutting down an orchard of cherry trees and celebrating that you can make some money selling it as firewood.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:33 PM

19,807 posts, read 18,099,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
Alexa, google the "ackchyually" meme.

That's focusing on a small nitpicky point to feel smart and win an argument rather than understand the broader point and actually wanting to engage in an adult conversation. I would like to assume the best of you that you are smart enough to know the difference and are just being petty.
The other guy does not want an adult conversation. He wants to complain.

Here is the lay of the land right now. We are seeing more and more private investment across the southern and other low performing sectors of Dallas and Dallas County. That trend has been slowly increasing for a few years. It will take many years to see significant widespread improvement for several reasons crime and low educational attainment chief among them.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:38 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,979,327 times
Quote:

It's like cutting down an orchard of cherry trees and celebrating that you can make some money selling it as firewood.
I wouldn't even waste the time anymore. EDS exhibiting classic avoidance tactics because the arguments are super weak.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:

Do you really believe that?

Old 06-11-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
I wouldn't even waste the time anymore. EDS exhibiting classic avoidance tactics because the arguments are super weak.
For the second time I'd ask you to be specific.

Old 06-11-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Do you really believe that?
Of course. Box stores are a terrible investment. They have a massive footprint and limited 2nd life potential since they are definitely single use. They are also notorious for failing and leaving cities with a big empty rotting building.

It was a terrible use of the space within the loop.

I say this as someone who loves Costco.

Last edited by Treasurevalley92; 06-11-2019 at 01:59 PM..

Old 06-11-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
I don't know how often you drive your Mercedes down to South Dallas, or if you have ever actually gotten out of it while you are down there, but the issue isn't the car was, you can buy drugs all up and down MLK.

Maybe people would have a place to hang out if they didn't fence off the neighbourhoods park from the residents to make going to the fair less "uncomfortable" for white people in the 70s.
I drive a Jeep.
Judge Moye believes there is enough problems posed by the car wash to enforce several restrictions.

Old 06-11-2019, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Of course. Box stores are a terrible investment. They have a massive footprint and limited 2nd life potential since they are definitely single use. They are also notorious for failing and leaving cities with a big empty rotting building.

It was a terrible use of the space within the loop.

I say this as someone who loves Costco.
That'll be a great point when that particular Costco fails.

Old 06-11-2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
I drive a Jeep.
Judge Moye believes there is enough problems posed by the car wash to enforce several restrictions.
Yeah, of course, you need a scapegoat.

Ok, do you get out of your Jeep and walk around in Southern Dallas ever?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas