Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2009, 05:52 PM

737 posts, read 1,177,808 times

Advertisements

Each city obviously has its kind and rude people. I think that most Dallasites are very kind, so much so that the few rude ones really stick out in my mind. So that can leave impression
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 10:25 PM

2,231 posts, read 6,071,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityPerson09 View Post
Each city obviously has its kind and rude people. I think that most Dallasites are very kind, so much so that the few rude ones really stick out in my mind. So that can leave impression
That is one possibility... The OP is generalizing over 6 million people based on some rude individual or two. Yes,that is stupid, but we've all said something stupid things a time or two.

A more likely possibility is that the OP has a serious personality flaw that most people find annoying.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:26 AM

254 posts, read 983,763 times
I must say that Ive never met a bunch of nicer folks. At least I will say the customer service is SO GOOD! Its so cool that they offer to take your groceries to car and that every interaction at any business, the person at the checkout always ask greets you pleasantly, and asks if you found everything, and says have a good day. That happened RARELY in Cinti. I mean it has been like that at every single place Ive been.. It has definitely helped our transition.

Last edited by cincylifer; 10-12-2009 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: add on

Old 10-12-2009, 10:59 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,972,572 times
I think it depends on where you are at and what circles you are associated with. The Dallas area has 6.5 million people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAM1111 View Post
People told me when I moved here from Austin that Dallas is pretentious and everyone is in a clique. I found this hard to believe but, three years later it's obvious that that is the reality.

Old 03-15-2010, 03:15 PM

6 posts, read 11,147 times
Default Your right!!!!

Three years my husband, my son and I have been here. My husband and I have not met anyone. My son has met very few people..

Old 03-15-2010, 04:04 PM

I know what you mean. There is southern hospitality which is fine but people don't really want to befriend you. It's unfortunate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda05 View Post
Three years my husband, my son and I have been here. My husband and I have not met anyone. My son has met very few people..

Old 03-15-2010, 04:31 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,769,271 times
I have no respect for people who just ***** and moan about a place.

For the love of God, just leave if you dont like it.

Old 03-15-2010, 04:34 PM

It's really not that easy. It is a painful experience if you are experiencing discrimination. Just the feeling of being unwelcomed and ousted out of a business based on race, sexual orientation, obesity, etc. is humiliating and traumatizing.

On the flip side. It actually takes a lot of assertiveness to break into the circles in Dallas. Some circles are impossible to penetrate. Other times you have no clue if the information you share with others will be used against you because it has happened to me before. They use the information and turn it against you like a weapon to control and belittle you. And most people tend to self segregate in every city, even in Dallas. Occasionally you will find people that are varied, empathic, and accepting of differences. But even then it takes assertiveness. Plus you have to attend social events that the city holds, volunteer, do community outreach, attend a church, and so forth. It really does take work. And even then there are no expectations for anyone to be your friend. Which is a let down. But at least you tried. Sometimes your family can be your only friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post

Last edited by artsyguy; 03-15-2010 at 04:55 PM..

Old 03-15-2010, 04:53 PM

6 posts, read 11,147 times
Please don't be so hateful. We do have feelings and that is what we are talking about. In this day and age people can not just leave if they don't like where they live. I would love to move back to my home town in California but it is not financially possible. I would just like to meet some people to hang out with and enjoy life.

Old 03-15-2010, 04:57 PM

I don't respect people who cannot see other people's points of views and sympathize with their pain and suffering. Imagine being excluded from a social circle and feeling the pain of ostracism. Oh wait you don't have that skill. How sad, for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas