Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 01:43 PM

862 posts, read 1,050,928 times

Advertisements

Friends,It's REAL simple-women are hard-wired to go after bad-boys,period end of sentence.
Of couse few will acknowledge it, especially to themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
just don't bother meeting girls in bars. It seldom ever works out.
amem !

Old 09-13-2008, 02:33 PM

1,192 posts, read 3,482,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zionvier View Post
Us good guys are out there, single, never married, have a career, have dental plans, car, etc. But I think we all are wondering the same thing... Where do we need to go to find all these woman that are looking for us?

The really nice guys aren't going to approach you at a bar. We're there to hang out with our friends, you're there hanging out with your friends, so how do we breech the estrogen-zone?

I remember when I lived in Summit County there was a poll taken by the Summit Daily about the best places in the county to find woman (back when it was literally 80% men up there). Number 1 place was City Market, number 2 was Target. I tried to find the poll on their site, but it was years ago.

So maybe we all need to make more trips to the supermarket and actually start talking to each other in line? Since we are all thinking "well the gas to get to the store is going to be outrageous if we go everyday".... just stop at whatever grocery store is between work and your house. After all, if you meet someone there, it's not going to be a big deal to meet up for dinner after work one day.

Anyway, I think we are all in the same boat... how and where do all us singles need to go to meet now? We all know it's not like when we were in college were there's a few thousand unmarried "potentials" in your age group always within a half mile radius.
I'll let you in on a little tip that worked for me. Three years ago I was a 47 year old divorcee, kicked out of my house after 23 years of marriage and, of course, not a clue how to meet a girl or date in the modern era. I saw all those adds for expensive dating services and refused to pay thousands of dollars and fill our all those forms and make all those videos but I DID enroll on Yahoo for free (and later $100 for a whole year of full privaledges) and found dozens of great women. I emailed and talked on the phone and ended up marrying a great women (still married 3 years later) after one month checking out various women on the service and 3 more months dating the girl I married. 4 months post my divorce becoming final! I think screening criteria on the internet is just a huge huge advantage over meeting women in Whole Food Market or Target! I swear I'm not an elitist but can you believe I found a girl a few years younger with an engineering degree AND a law degree and is gorgeous and 5'11" tall (important because I'm nearly 6'5"). How long would it take to find a 6' tall lawyer with a face like an angel by hanging out at Target!

Old 09-13-2008, 03:33 PM

274 posts, read 627,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borborygmi View Post
Yeah, I've often thought that, if I really wanted women to "notice" me here, maybe I should cut the sleeves off of all my shirts, get armfuls of tattoos and buy a crotch rocket. I'm only half kidding. But I would never do that.

See, this is something about this entire region of the country I just do not get at all. Where I was raised, back east, the only people you saw with sleeves of tattoos were bikers, auto mechanics, rednecks in general and military vets. It was not, in any way, a mainstream or "cool" thing to do, and not the strikingly prevalent cultural phenomenon it seems to be in the western part of the country. This whole entire biker-trash look that seems so en vogue here, that everyone seems to want to emulate, totally eludes me. I just..do.. not... get it. I see it as part of the whole image-focused emphasis that's so prevalent in the southwest, probably the SoCal influence in this region.

One thing that really confuses me is why, if you're successful and educated, would you want to deliberately make yourself look like street trash? Sorry, but I'm a professional too, with a medical degree and a business degree, and where I came from, looking professional was part of being professional. I may not like it, you may not like it, but that's the way it is. Trust me, I'd love to shave my head, grow a beard and feel free to appear as I choose. But if you want to achieve a certain level of success in life, you just cannot do that, not where I came from. Anyone who chooses to deliberately make themselves appear that way, at least on the east coast, is essentially relegating themselves to a career in the service industry. No offense, but given my background and what I do, I've sat across the table from prospective employees in many interviews. And when someone comes in with exposed tattoos or piercings, my reaction is repulsion. It just is not professional.

It's also dangerous. As a physician, I can tell you that there is some good evidence out there supporting the theory that getting a tattoo puts you at a much higher risk than the general population of contracting hep C (you don't want it- trust me). You may know Dr.'s who have them, but I sure don't know any colleagues who do, and given the well-known risk of contracting this disease via commercial tattoo parlors, it'd be hard for me to envision any well-informed or competent physician getting one.
Click this link for more info on this:

Hepatitis C and Body Art on MedicineNet.com

And here's the other thing- my feeling is that people get these things to look rebellious or non-conformist in some way. Dumb question- if you're doing the same thing in order to be "different" that everyone does to be "different", then how is that, um, different? Aren't you being just as conformist, but just to someone else's pre-defined look? I don't think it makes someone look "different"- I think it makes you look immature, insecure and desperate for attention, like you're trying to fit in with the "cool kids". True individuality comes from the inside, that's my opinion. Besides that, it's ugly, and it REALLY looks terrible on old people with sagging and damaged skin. The reality of what "permanent" means seems to elude some folks.
Well that is your opinion, even if it is ignorant and close minded I can respect that. As far as going to job interviews go, every single one of my tattoo's are covered up by the clothes I wear and none of my employers even know I have them. I was raised in Michigan, lived in Tampa, FL for 3 1/2 years and now I am in Atlanta, GA and see plenty of people with tattoo's everyday both inside and outside of work so it is very much on the East Coast also.

You need to get out of your 50's mentality of only bikers, mechanics, and rednecks having tattoo's, that is not how it is in this country now a days!! You sound like my 75 year old grandfather. And who says I want to be different? I am just being me and it's a FREEDOM that I have that makes this country so great. It's ignorant people like you that causes problems because you prejudge people by appearance.

As far as achieving a certain level of success, I am very close to making a six-figure salary which I think is pretty good for someone who is single and in their early 30's. What does it matter how I look when I am not at work? Hell every single one of my Supervisors/Managers ends up seeing my tattoo's eventually and thank God they are not close minded like you.

Also, every professional tattoo shop I have been in, I open up all my own needles and containers that hold the ink. I also ask them to clean the stand in front of me. It's more dangerous just doing everyday things in life like driving or walking down the street then it is to get tattoos.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:47 AM

220 posts, read 762,866 times
Excluding the fights about tatts... Where do I find these professional well dressed financially stable men(some covered in tattoos)? I never seem to see any at the king soopers! Am I going at the wrong time! Ha ha, its funny how the majority of you say CO is populated mostly by males, I just can't seem to find one! It seems to me people are too wrapped up in themselves to just start a conversation with a complete stranger. Then again, maybe I'm just not the 'type'of lady you gentlmen are looking for.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelsieB View Post
Excluding the fights about tatts... Where do I find these professional well dressed financially stable men(some covered in tattoos)? I never seem to see any at the king soopers! Am I going at the wrong time! Ha ha, its funny how the majority of you say CO is populated mostly by males, I just can't seem to find one! It seems to me people are too wrapped up in themselves to just start a conversation with a complete stranger. Then again, maybe I'm just not the 'type'of lady you gentlmen are looking for.
Certainly possible.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:58 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,719,487 times
I've skipped past nearly all of these posts.... but seriously, when me and several posters were organizing happy hours, where the hell were you? I mean, when I was single, I would've jumped on those types of things. To meet people means to be outgoing.

p.s. - another happy hour is in the brewing. So if you are honestly out to meet people, instead of the pathetic hope to meet someone in the grocery store which was me by the way, why not jumpt in and show up and put yourself out there??

Old 09-15-2008, 09:21 AM

Sorry, I just reread my post. I wasn't trying to say you guys are pathetic. I remember dating (vaguely) and it's hard out there. I tried the grocery store trick and ended up looking like a freak. I was just trying to say, hey you! get out there! I think a change in my attitude and getting out more really helped me find my guy. I stopped "hunting" and that's when I found love.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:23 AM

456 posts, read 1,576,728 times
That's my plan. Don't actively look for someone..thats when you find them! Or they find you.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:42 AM

It really does work. I think it's because your attitude is different. You put out a certain aura, and I think people can feel it. So when your aura is not so, let's say, clingy? Not the best word but you know what I mean, I hope. Anyway, when you are more relaxed, people feel it. I think people gravitate towards others that are relaxed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver