Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2008, 08:04 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,693,361 times

Advertisements

I disagree that foreigners don't like americans, maybe it depends on nationality, but I have met several foreign men and we get along fine, but as usual, they don't want to actually date-same with american men, noone wants a relationship.
bluesimple-like me, maybe you have to get out and search those social groups that wanttomoveeast mentions. I would like to join a hiking club, because I like to hike, and I don't have friends that do.
huckleberry-what type of social settings do you like? I would love to find a "good" guy. I can't find a good one or a bad one, Ha! Good works for me as long as we have some similar interests, goals, etc. He would have to be supportive of my love of football and travel! ;-)
any good ones out there?? :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 09:10 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,720,684 times
um, I wouldn't suggest finding "good guys" on an internet forum. The more I talk to you the more I realize you are self-defeating. It doesn't seem like you've tried every avenue in meeting people. And because you seem so focused on finding men, they will run from you because that is just not in their nature. Good men like women with some mystery and enjoy the chase.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:44 AM

"chasing" is cliche and doesn't work. what works for others doesn't work for everyone. I'm not trying to meet anyone on this forum, just giving my opinions and experiences like everyone else.
trust me, my focus is not finding men, I just wonder why the men I come across aren't interested in dating. of course I don't go up to every man I meet and say "hi-i'm desparate and looking for a man, will you help me out?"
I just wonder what it is about some men that make them want to date as opposed to the ones I encounter. Just an observation I notice. Otherwise, when I conversate with men, I'm no different than any other person, I don't give off any auras or special clues or send secret messages that I am interested in dating. I am just myself and talk normally, end of story.
there's no way to know someone from these forums, it's impossible for someone's true personality to come through, this is just an outlet for people to discuss different issues.
Wondering if someone is looking for a wife or husband isn't the first (or second, third,..) thing on my mind when I talk to them, I'm just making conversation. I don't (or can't) read "auras" off people.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:01 AM

umm-"any good ones out there?" was a joke, by the way

Old 10-03-2008, 10:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,930 times
Well Im twenty-two. I've been here for two months and I've founded harder to meet younger professional black men. I've recently graduated from college and all I can seem to run into are much older men or locals who never left home and aren't really interested in a higher education. But don't get me wrong, I love it here.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:13 AM

sportsfan: If you can't meet good men, then I'm not sure how you can say that my "tricks" for meeting them don't work. And the chase thing with men is definitely not cliche, just ask any man. I'm not saying absolute mind games, but honestly, I think that when men feel that a woman "has her claws out" or is too clingy, they shrink away. Any men out there want to confirm or deny what I'm saying??

Also, I didn't know your statement of "any good men out there" was a joke. It is the net afterall, so I can't read your body language, hear your tone or see your facial expressions. That's why it's common to add smiles or icons that are available on this forum to make your point.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:15 AM

Hmm..that's interesting. I would think there would be a lot of people interested in higher education around here. Do you belong to any alumni groups? I don't know if there is such a thing. what kind of work do you do?
Glad you enjoy Denver anyway, though! :-)

Old 10-03-2008, 10:16 AM

I can't get the icons to appear on my posts

Old 10-03-2008, 10:17 AM

ok, two things here: 1) It helps when you are responding to a certain person to use the quote button, that way we know who you are talking to. 2) to get the icons, click the "advanced" tab and you'll see them to the right of your post where you are typing. Hope this helps.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:21 AM

I don't see how watching a game at a sportsbar is clingy? I don't get it all! Along with the other things I do, travel, museums, bookstores, etc, how can that be clingy? aren't there other women in the world that go to bookstores? are they clingy too? It's something I'm just not seeing, guys..maybe I do need insight on this-if you see a woman at a bookstore, you happen to make a comment about the book she's looking at, just small talk, how can you tell she's clinging to you? what are the signs if a woman is clingy if you are talking normally? are there "clues" that say "oh hold up-this broad wants to get married" ?
Please enlighten me, guys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver