Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 02:44 PM

9,352 posts, read 19,958,779 times

Advertisements

waiting waiting waiting for blood test results now.....

and wondering how his bath went.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 03:17 PM

3,736 posts, read 12,358,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post

me too. I think Tiffany posts to her blog & responds to Facebook when she gets home from work at around 6:00. Did you see that Wellness is trying to contact her to assist with TAD's food?

Old 04-04-2011, 03:24 PM

9,352 posts, read 19,958,779 times
yep ... how COOL is that??

Old 04-04-2011, 03:39 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,500,814 times
Tookey here waiting with the rest of you. Great news about Wellness this just keeps getting better and better.

eta: I even let my pug write on his wall. Well I sure don't know what happened to the post it kind of disappeared. Will try again tomorrow.

Last edited by tookey; 04-04-2011 at 04:52 PM..

Old 04-04-2011, 04:23 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,166,083 times
Much of the credit has to go to our very own DandJ. She was the one who suggested that T.A.D. needed a Facebook page.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
Much of the credit has to go to our very own DandJ. She was the one who suggested that T.A.D. needed a Facebook page.
Dawn is definately a force of good in this world. Tad is up to over 2200 likes of facebook now and someone posts to the wall about every minute. I don't know how Tiffany is keeping up with it!

Old 04-04-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post

For everyone that is not following on Facebook...the bath went really well! Tad was a complete gentleman in the tub and didn't even try to jump out. Bloodwork will be done this evening so they can see what his heartworm status is and whether there are any problems with kidneys or liver because of his malnutrition. Fingers and paws are crossed!

Old 04-04-2011, 04:57 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,500,814 times
So glad to hear his bath went well I am sure he feels so good. Now to begin to cross the paws again for the bloodwork.

I have to say thank you to DandJ for the facebook suggestion, Racelady for bringing this to our attention VA-Cat for the updates, and most of all for Tiffany for everything and I mean everything from beginning to now for what she has done for Tad. This story has touched so many people. Just reinforces my belief that people are basically good.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:03 PM

10,104 posts, read 19,320,940 times
Sometimes fate puts us in the right path!

Not to hijack this thread, but something sort of similar happened last year. My ds boy scout troop was volunteering in an animal shelter. The nice, pretty kitties were displayed up front. But I offered to help in the back, and found Marshmallow, a huge, mostly while, Maine Coon mix. Crowded into a cage too samll for him, he couldn't even turn around to groom, he smelled horrible. His backside was covered with excrement, his *** matted. No one would want a smelly, "ugly" cat. I took him out, petted him, he tucked his head on my shoulder and I swear, he was crying! Just like a human, his body "sobbed"

I tried to advocated for him, he needed better care, but was brushed off. I decided then and there to take him myself. I paid the adoption fee, took him to my vet, paid $175 to have his matted fur groomed, his backside was red and raw. After antibiotics, steroids, and pain meds, he grew back beautiful fur. He's now a proud, handsome baby. How could a shelter treat an animal like that?

BTW, I lied to the vet and said we found him hanging around an abandonded house. Otherwise, if I said we got him from the city animal shelter, they wouldn't deal with us, wouldn't get in the middle. Politics is the name of any game!

Fate just put me in Marshmallow's path that day, just like fate put this poor little puppy in the OP path. I believe God's watching!

Old 04-04-2011, 05:49 PM

3,466 posts, read 7,201,684 times
Tad is looking a lot better and he seems to be a very nice guy... a sweetie. I can't imagine somebody doing this to him. There are some just plain rotten people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs