Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2012, 11:25 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and if you are right, which I have my doubts, Paul will step in and insist this not happen.

Nita
He's a politician.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 11:32 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
He's a politician.
True, which means he has already stepped in it and is now up to his knees in it, and after having already steped in it twice and informed that his pathway stinks you would think he would stop going down that path. No accounting for the ability of some to learn their lessons, looks like Paul has to repeat the learning process every 4 years, not a sign of someone that thinks well on their feet, but then again he is not know for his flexibility.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:17 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
True, which means he has already stepped in it and is now up to his knees in it, and after having already steped in it twice and informed that his pathway stinks you would think he would stop going down that path. No accounting for the ability of some to learn their lessons, looks like Paul has to repeat the learning process every 4 years, not a sign of someone that thinks well on their feet, but then again he is not know for his flexibility.
There is a long history of people who had to struggle much more to get the world to buy into their ideas, and lets face it, just because you and other people disagree with Paul it doesn't mean he is wrong about everything.

It is interesting that you also ignore the fact that since 2007 some of his ideas have become much more mainstream.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
There is a long history of people who had to struggle much more to get the world to buy into their ideas, and lets face it, just because you and other people disagree with Paul it doesn't mean he is wrong about everything.

It is interesting that you also ignore the fact that since 2007 some of his ideas have become much more mainstream.
I have never said he was wrong about everything, but those things he is wrong about are show stoppers and they also kill his plans to be President since I am not the only one that disagrees with the idea of Paul in the Whitehouse, most Republicans, Independents and Democrats agree with me on Paul, and that puts me in good company.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
I have never said he was wrong about everything, but those things he is wrong about are show stoppers and they also kill his plans to be President since I am not the only one that disagrees with the idea of Paul in the Whitehouse, most Republicans, Independents and Democrats agree with me on Paul, and that puts me in good company.
I guess the difference between you and I is that you think the majority (ie. 50%+) of the US population actually understands economics and policy enough to really understand what is best for us. I admire your faith.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
I guess the difference between you and I is that you think the majority (ie. 50%+) of the US population actually understands economics and policy enough to really understand what is best for us. I admire your faith.
Economics, not so much, policy, probably more than you would think.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:22 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
He's a politician.
He is, but think of how many votes he could lose from something like this. We have seen how far peace and freedom candidates got in the 60s.

NIta

Old 01-12-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Economics, not so much, policy, probably more than you would think.
Maybe I should rephrase. I bet the majority CAN understand, but the issue is that they don't take the time to understand. Look what's happening with our newspapers and TV news, they are falling apart and turning into entertainment rather than news because people cant be bothered. I have a hard time accepting that the majority of the population has done their due diligence around most topics relevant to the candidates and elections. Its mostly based on sound bytes, not in depth understanding of the issues, so saying that the majority has passed on Paul's ideas doesn't really mean much to me as a convincing argument that he is somehow wrong about things.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:26 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Maybe I should rephrase. I bet the majority CAN understand, but the issue is that they don't take the time to understand. Look what's happening with our newspapers and TV news, they are falling apart and turning into entertainment rather than news because people cant be bothered. I have a hard time accepting that the majority of the population has done their due diligence around most topics relevant to the candidates and elections. Its mostly based on sound bytes, not in depth understanding of the issues, so saying that the majority has passed on Paul's ideas doesn't really mean much to me as a convincing argument that he is somehow wrong about things.
Depth doesn't mean much. In fact, it can be downright dangerous to jump in, purely on ideological grounds. Just because you never got hurt because you never jumped to explore the depths, doesn't protect you from getting hurt. It could get you killed.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:27 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
and you think you understand it better than the rest, is that what you are saying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections