Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 08:03 AM

998 posts, read 1,217,026 times

Advertisements

This thread is bogus because Mitt Romney Was A Democrat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 08:05 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,761,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Wow...because we all know NONE OF THIS EVER NEVER HAPPENs IN THE MIDDLECLASS AND RICH Suburbian households.
Yes, it happenes and it is wrong, but the rich and middle class support themselves for the most part and the welfare class doesn't, they depend on us to support their lazy azz's.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:09 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,730,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Yesterday, Mitt made the following statement:

"I'm not concerned about the very poor," Romney said. "There's a safety net there, and if it needs repair I'll fix it. I'm not concerned about the very rich, they're doing just fine. I'm concerned about the heart of America, the 95% of Americans who are right now struggling."

Romney says ‘poor’ comment needs context – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Romney expressed a valid point...we have a great many safety nets for the very poor...Medicaid, Section 8, Food Stamps, School Lunch program, WIC, etc, etc. He addresses the issue that many, including many here, express concern over. Specifically the vast majority of people that work for a living and are squeezed by expenses, ect, who make too much to get something from the government.

Yet many in the media and on the left (and the less bright of his GOP competition) seize on the "not concerned about the very poor" comment and take it out of context. How weak-minded are these people? Are they unable to comprehend anything beyond one sentence sound bites? Are they unable to comprehend a simple sentence and context?

This has been on NPR for the last two days, as well as other media sources. Get a frickin' life and learn to read, people, you look like idiots.

BTW, I'm NOT a Romney supporter.
But the GOP has done it's best t undermine every one of he programs that make up the """Safety Net""" look at the Ryan Plan. I think Romneys main concern about the poor is that they will rise up and go after the 1%

Old 02-03-2012, 08:18 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,548,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Yes, it happenes and it is wrong, but the rich and middle class support themselves for the most part and the welfare class doesn't, they depend on us to support their lazy azz's.

Really? Your making an excuse? But because the rich supports themselves...You should have just stopped at yes it happens and its is wrong.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Wow. Just WOW.

What a nasty, hateful, miserable person you must be.

I'm afraid to ask you what you think we should do about the poor children - who have no say or power in their lives - but who go to be hungry every night?
This is exactly what the poor depend on, ''oh the poor children'' If your that frickin poor, maybe you shouldn't be having kids, free birth control is available to the poor. Or we could go on supporting these welfare queens, who pump out more kid's just to get more free money!

Old 02-03-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Wow, criminal acts like child abuse, child molestation, murder and drugs is a hobby? Sad, sad pathetic excuse.
And just where did this come from? There is a way higher violent crime/ crime rate in poor communities.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:27 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,695,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Yesterday, Mitt made the following statement:

"I'm not concerned about the very poor," Romney said. "There's a safety net there, and if it needs repair I'll fix it. I'm not concerned about the very rich, they're doing just fine. I'm concerned about the heart of America, the 95% of Americans who are right now struggling."

Romney says ‘poor’ comment needs context – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Romney expressed a valid point...we have a great many safety nets for the very poor...Medicaid, Section 8, Food Stamps, School Lunch program, WIC, etc, etc. He addresses the issue that many, including many here, express concern over. Specifically the vast majority of people that work for a living and are squeezed by expenses, ect, who make too much to get something from the government.

Yet many in the media and on the left (and the less bright of his GOP competition) seize on the "not concerned about the very poor" comment and take it out of context. How weak-minded are these people? Are they unable to comprehend anything beyond one sentence sound bites? Are they unable to comprehend a simple sentence and context?

This has been on NPR for the last two days, as well as other media sources. Get a frickin' life and learn to read, people, you look like idiots.

BTW, I'm NOT a Romney supporter.
I know what he was trying to do, he was trying his hand at political pandering with the middle income earners, and he sucks at it.

It was a bizarre thing to say, and it comes off like something a liberal would say. It's the liberal concept, that the poor are taken care of, because we have social welfare safety nets. It does nothing to address the underlying issues of why people are poor, it just allows people like Obama to wash their hands of the poor, and move onto the more important issues, like crony capitalism and his green energy agenda.

Sometimes Romney makes me shake my head and wonder what the hell goes on in his head.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
And just where did this come from? There is a way higher violent crime/ crime rate in poor communities.

again, your trying to excuse crime using zip codes and income level.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:30 AM

68,351 posts, read 54,507,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeKrewe View Post
This thread is bogus because Mitt Romney Was A Democrat

Was ?

Old 02-03-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I know what he was trying to do, he was trying his hand at political pandering with the middle income earners, and he sucks at it.

It was a bizarre thing to say, and it comes off like something a liberal would say. It's the liberal concept, that the poor are taken care of, because we have social welfare safety nets. It does nothing to address the underlying issues of why people are poor, it just allows people like Obama to wash their hands of the poor, and move onto the more important issues, like crony capitalism and his green energy agenda.

Sometimes Romney makes me shake my head and wonder what the hell goes on in his head.

^^^^^This
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections