Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 06:01 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times

Advertisements

I find it kind of disturbing that "old" and "white" are used in such a negative context in this thread title...pretty offensive actually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 06:38 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Poll: Primary battle has hurt GOP's image among young, non-whites - latimes.com

Karl Rove, Ken Mehlman, and Michael Steele - among others - have tried to make the Republican Party more appealing to non-white voters, but it's not working.

Why isn't the GOP more appealing to non-whites, and what can they do to change that? Or should they even try?
The Republican Party appeals to stupid people. People who still think the Earth is flat and the Queen runs England.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:40 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I find it kind of disturbing that "old" and "white" are used in such a negative context in this thread title...pretty offensive actually.
Yeah. The very people that benefit from the things the "liberals" fought for like Social Security, Medicare, senior housing and transportation services.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:15 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
give it a rest....sexual progress? please no one is coming in your bedroom and preventing you from having what ever perverted progress you desire. And as far as race the dems can never let that issue die that is why they are the ones who keep talking about it and calling everyone else a racist.

Start paying attention to the make-up of the crowd when you're watching a Republican speak. Note how many non-whites you see, and whether or not women are disproportionately excluded. And why would one categorize
progress made to educate young women and men about sexual health and contraception with "perverted progress?" That's clearly faulty logic; to learn about STDs is to be armed with information to be careful and stay healthy, while education about how babies come about leads to a lower number of teen pregnancies and also the number of abortions performed, goals that both parties should support because it's reasonable and cost effective to do so. Perhaps one might ask why minorities and women aren't flocking to support any of the GOP candidates. Colin Powell, Herman
Cain and Michael Steele are prominent Republicans who "felt the love" of the GOP. If people of all races, ages and sexes keep telling one that one is racist, perhaps the time has come to look around and see why they feel that way, and what can be done to correct it...without losing the white evangelical voters who currently seem to control the party.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:47 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I think the reason you see them pouring millions and millions of dollars into this election and making wilder and more rabid speeches is because they know this election may be their last chance to grab power and enact their right wing programs. They know that each day the populace is becoming more educated, more multi-ethnic, more open minded. Women are becoming more independent and involved in politics, people who aren't white are gaining more power. The 98% are becoming more wise to the manipulation that has been done to them. The days of rich, old, white men controlling the country are fading fast and if they don't win this time it will be too late for another power grab where they can write the rules that keeps the power in their hands.
Rich, old, white men not only control this country, they control the world. This will not change any time soon.

What cities under minority leadership are financially solvent? Detroit collapsed after the evil Whitey fled to the suburbs. The same can be said of Camden, NJ, Trenton, NJ, Harrisburg, PA, Birmingham, AL, etc. When the white tax base flees a city, and minorities are forced to take over the complex economic mechanisms that entail governance of a city, the results are usually disastrous.

A significant decline in the "entitlement complex" among Americans will definitely help reverse this "phenomenon".

If anyone can provide me with examples that refute my hypothesis, I am open to criticism. Any emotional responses lacking in logic will be ignored.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:25 PM

831 posts, read 680,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Rich, old, white men not only control this country, they control the world. This will not change any time soon.

What cities under minority leadership are financially solvent? Detroit collapsed after the evil Whitey fled to the suburbs. The same can be said of Camden, NJ, Trenton, NJ, Harrisburg, PA, Birmingham, AL, etc. When the white tax base flees a city, and minorities are forced to take over the complex economic mechanisms that entail governance of a city, the results are usually disastrous.

A significant decline in the "entitlement complex" among Americans will definitely help reverse this "phenomenon".

If anyone can provide me with examples that refute my hypothesis, I am open to criticism. Any emotional responses lacking in logic will be ignored.

I have been asking and waiting for that phenomenon to end myself, since the days of colonialism started, you know, the days where you shook hands with citizens of other countries whilst having a blood steined sword in the other. Controlling their citizens by the barrel of a gun, killing them until their close to extinction whilst stealing their minerals and bloodsucking their resources dry and all that jazz.

When the recession struck America and all those european countries, what color were sitting in those hot seats?

Old 03-17-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
I have been asking and waiting for that phenomenon to end myself, since the days of colonialism started, you know, the days where you shook hands with citizens of other countries whilst having a blood steined sword in the other. Controlling their citizens by the barrel of a gun, killing them until their close to extinction whilst stealing their minerals and bloodsucking their resources dry and all that jazz.

When the recession struck America and all those european countries, what color were sitting in those hot seats?
What happened after the Haitian's expelled all of the blue eyed devils out of Haiti? Why is Africa in the condition it is in, although blue eyed devils continue to send taxpayer money their way by the million.

In terms of the banking crisis, you can place the blame on the blue eyed devil, unless you don't consider Jews white.

And unlike the majority of the world, White, Western democracies have distanced themselves from slavery, apartheid, etc.

For two more examples of what happens when the devil leaves town, check out Zimbabwe (the former breadbasket of Africa, now the basket case of Africa) and South Africa (a first-world country devolving into a third-world rape fest).

Old 03-17-2012, 11:14 PM

831 posts, read 680,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
What happened after the Haitian's expelled all of the blue eyed devils out of Haiti? Why is Africa in the condition it is in, although blue eyed devils continue to send taxpayer money their way by the million.

In terms of the banking crisis, you can place the blame on the blue eyed devil, unless you don't consider Jews white.

And unlike the majority of the world, White, Western democracies have distanced themselves from slavery, apartheid, etc.

For two more examples of what happens when the devil leaves town, check out Zimbabwe (the former breadbasket of Africa, now the basket case of Africa) and South Africa (a first-world country devolving into a third-world rape fest).

Send Haiti a million? and how much did the pig skin profit from enslaving other races? and stealing their resources? tell me?

Ahh yes, blame the jews, how convenient. what are you? aryan site not so entertaining tonight?

You obviously do not understand the concept of cause and effect. The slave drivers had no intentions of educating the tanned locals because they had no good intentions whatsoever other than take what they want like spoilt brats.

You have a nerve to talk about entitlement mentality, such ignorrance.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
Send Haiti a million? and how much did the pig skin profit from enslaving other races? and stealing their resources? tell me?

Ahh yes, blame the jews, how convenient. what are you? aryan site not so entertaining tonight?

You obviously do not understand the concept of cause and effect. The slave drivers had no intentions of educating the tanned locals because they had no good intentions whatsoever other than take what they want like spoilt brats.

You have a nerve to talk about entitlement mentality, such ignorrance.
I will address your ignorance one-by one.

1) The pig skins profited greatly. As did the African's who they traded with.

2) Are you denying that those of Jewish descent disproportionately control the global banking industry?

3) Haiti, South Africa, Zimbabwe, etc. did not take advantage of the infrastructure the pig skins left behind after they were massacred/exiled. They reverted back to their old ways of rape, starvation, corruption, etc. Why is the devil obligated to educate the Africans?

4) Why is it wrong for me to discuss the entitlement complex that permeates American society? Should I just follow the politically correct script and ignore it, like black on white assault and rape?

Old 03-17-2012, 11:48 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times
I do think the GOP markets some view of "real" America that is conservative, white, evangelical Christian,and business-minded. America is much more diverse than that, and instead of diversifying, they seem to be becoming more dogmatic and stuck in the past. Not even that so much as a glorification of a past that never existed. They will lose because that is not governance. You have to use reason as well as ideology to be effective, and the reason and any recognition of truth and shame has been purged from the party. They seem more and more like a fascist cult than a dynamic, creative organization. I don't think this describes Mr. Romney's thinking, but he has had to sell his soul to the far right, and so he has no credibility with anyone else, other than as an "anybody but the democrat" candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections