Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2012, 12:39 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times

Advertisements

Speaking of Bill Maher, here are some of his FB comments regarding the debates:

"Let's just say it: even in HD, Biden's plugs look pretty good."

"Joe is not afraid to interrupt Ryan. Or himself."

"This Biden guy is awesome! I hope he keeps that nice sleepy black guy on the ticket!"

"Hello 9-1-1? There s an old man beating a child on my tv."

""Let me tell you about the Mitt Romney i know" - too late, he's changed again."

"Biden is hitting in one answer all the things Obama left out in the entire first 90 minute debate."

"Republicans sure have a point about Benghazi - what kind of clueless incompetent lets Al Qaida attack Americans on Sept 11?"

"Read some strange theories today re: Barry - like he threw the debate on purpose. Right, like he's the Chinese ping pong team."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 12:39 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
There has been thuggery, and it's all coming from Mitch "The #1 goal is to make Obama a one term president" McConnel, Boner, and the teabaggers abusing the filibuster like never before in history, and bringing the lowest approved congress in history.

Obama and co. have had their hands reached out for years across the isle to the GOP, only to have their hands slapped away. Most of the hindering of progress is because Obama has been caving and being buddy-buddy with the GOP, instead of fighting back and telling them to go to hell.

The GOP are thugs that need to be treated as such. Mr nice guy democrats are over, it's time to fight back, and Biden did just that
My way or the highway is not reaching across the isle. Biden was an arrogant ass tonight, but I know your bias will not allow you to admit that. The entire debate was of little content and primarily because Biden wouldn't allow Ryan the chance to finish his statement. We could have learned a lot about both men tonight, but, thanks to Bidens demeanor, we learned absolutely nothing. The debate was a waste of time. There was no winner, but the losers were the american public. Here is your word for the day... Look up the definition... "Objectivity"

Old 10-12-2012, 12:41 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Limbaugh will claim that Ryan did great and that Joe was erratic and a bully. Ironic considering it describes Limbaugh to a tee.
Well, Rush isn't exactly known for his consistency and honest self-examination....... hehe.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:43 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You prefer a president who isn't interested and in facts avoids being asked questions and when forced to he sends out everyone else to do his job. How long has it been 7 months unless you want to count Letterman and the girls on The View. Obama called the debate "a drag". "They made him stay in and study".

Biden expects respect but doesn't have the respect to refer to others properly. It's Prime Minister Netanyahu, not Bi Bi. How disrespectful of a world leader.
Obviously the VP and The Prime Minister of Israel are on a first name basis since they know each other for 39 years and maybe Biden needed to make that point.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:48 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
I have defended Romney many times. I like him, and feel he has a strongly Centrist record.

That said: Biden won the debate. If there's one thing the Romney/Obama debate taught us, it's heart and not head that wins debates.

Biden came out swinging. Well played, Mr. Vice President.
I've always liked Joe's style, despite disagreeing with him on most issues.

He mopped the floor with Ryan, who is weak as a speaker regardless of format or setting.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:52 AM

408 posts, read 607,819 times
It's like the two debates so far have taken place in a parallel universe...

Romney was sharp and exuded wisdom,

Obama was weak and inspired doubt rather than hope...

''Tax Hawk'' Ryan was boring, timid and grossly unconvincing whenever he talked numbers. Aren't the GOP pitching this guy as a fiscal savant?

An then there was that goofy VP. On this night Biden demonstrated his years of experience in politics, highlighted by deft debating skills and sharp, concise rebuttals.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:52 AM

2,847 posts, read 2,519,352 times
really doesn't matter which side of the aisle you are on, Biden seemed like a nasty old man, not becoming of the position of the VP of the USA, maybe just a bit of senility setting in.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:53 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,393,569 times
Default Biden the clear winner absolutely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
I find it funny that republicans are only attacking Biden on his rude behavior. Nothing else was critized so far, making Biden the clear winner even if he was a bit rude.
Exactly. Even the Regressives understand that Biden kicked Ryan's arse.

Rude is what I'd call the presence of the Romney/Ryan ticket. Kudos to Joe Biden for putting Ryan in his place. Biden simply was better, more knowledgeable, more truthful and substantive, and correct. Mouse Ryan looked like an idiot singing the same platitudes that is the trademark of the candidates from the party which gave us Bush.

Pubs can't criticize Biden, since this beatdown of Ryan was COMPLETE.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:53 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
Why do you lie? Private jobs have grown under Obama.

Most of the debt comes from Republican policies and the downturn in the business cycle. Lets take a look at the past administration.

Downturn and Legacy of Bush Policies Drive Large Current Deficits — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

The irony is that this conversation begin with you implication that you had the details, which you don't. Like Ryan, you just have the same ol' Republican talking points.

in the end, people know if they are unemployed or underemployed, regardless of what statistics are or are not reported.

here is the labor participation rate:

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

notice anything about that graph?

oh, and that's from BLS, which is an agency of the dept of labor.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:55 AM

111 posts, read 179,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
My way or the highway is not reaching across the isle. Biden was an arrogant ass tonight, but I know your bias will not allow you to admit that. The entire debate was of little content and primarily because Biden wouldn't allow Ryan the chance to finish his statement. We could have learned a lot about both men tonight, but, thanks to Bidens demeanor, we learned absolutely nothing. The debate was a waste of time. There was no winner, but the losers were the american public. Here is your word for the day... Look up the definition... "Objectivity"
I agree. The debate was a waste of time. Because of the annoying behavior of smirking and interuptions of the VP it was hard to hear what Ryan was trying to say Because of Biden's rude behavior I lost interest in what he had to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections