Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2015, 04:02 PM

998 posts, read 665,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Getting back to the thread, there are many professionals, doctors, lawyers, technology professionals and college educated people supporting Sanders.
Almost every young adult in this country is now "college educated" .. in the sense that they have earned a degree or attended some college. And I'm supposed to be surprised that these young people, many of whom have a large amount of debt and a useless degree, are supporting a man who promises to give them free education or loan forgiveness?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 04:06 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,967,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
Almost every young adult in this country is now "college educated" .. in the sense that they have earned a degree or attended some college. And I'm supposed to be surprised that these young people, many of whom have a large amount of debt and a useless degree, are supporting a man who promises to give them free education or loan forgiveness?
The question you have to ask yourself is why you support candidates that laugh at people like you.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:09 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
The fact of the matter is that Bernie's proposals are supported by the majority.

Bernie Sanders is the only candidate that is not a corrupt mouthpiece for special interests, lobbyists and the well-heeled. These people dont care about you. They laugh at you for voting against your own interest. And you defend them. It's a shame.
Did you vote for Obama? If so, they are laughing at you also.

Quote:
The fact of the matter is that Bernie's proposals are supported by the majority.
You keep painting in these broad strokes... what policies and what majority? You need to define and cite bold assertions like this or it's meaningless political posturing.

Quote:
Bernie Sanders is the only candidate that is not a corrupt mouthpiece for special interests, lobbyists and the well-heeled. These people dont care about you. They laugh at you for voting against your own interest. And you defend them. It's a shame.
Most Bernie supporters are unemployed college students, or people with low motivation who believe anyone will a full time job and an income of over $50,000 is part of the "well heeled" bourgeoisie class and deserve to be taxed higher to "share the wealth". I know this because I've spoken to many of his supporters and see their musings on Facebook. So I might as well defend them since I'm apparently one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Did you vote for Obama? If so, they are laughing at you also.
No I didnt.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:14 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
No I didnt.
Good. Many complaining did and would again though.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:16 PM

Quote:
You keep painting in these broad strokes... what policies and what majority? You need to define and cite bold assertions like this or it's meaningless political posturing.

Most Bernie supporters are unemployed college students, or people with low motivation who believe anyone will a full time job and and an income of over $50,000 is part of the "well heeled" bourgeoisie class and deserve to be taxed higher to "share the wealth". I know this because I've spoken to many of his supporters and see their musings on Facebook. So I might as well defend them since I'm one of them.
This is the problem. Anyone can use 1 minute to realize that Bernie Sanders wants to lift the cap on income subject to payroll tax from 250k and up. This is supported by a large majority of Americans.

You actually believe you are part of the 0.1% and a soon-to-be millionaire so you ally yourself with the plutocrats. You are not. They laugh at you. They dont care about you. And you defend them like a boot licker. And these mouthpieces for the well-heeled make you believe you are one of them while they drain more money out of the pocket of salt of the earth Americans.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
This is the problem. Anyone can use 1 minute to realize that Bernie Sanders wants to lift the cap on income subject to payroll tax from 250k and up. This is supported by a large majority of Americans.

You actually believe you are part of the 0.1% and a soon-to-be millionaire so you ally yourself with the plutocrats. You are not. They laugh at you. They dont care about you. And you defend them like a boot licker. And these mouthpieces for the well-heeled make you believe you are one of them while they drain more money out of the pocket of salt of the earth Americans.
It sounds like a line straight out of a Bernie stump speech. In soviet Russia, we called such thinkers the "useful idiots". They all wanted to siphon off some of the money from the rich wealthy upper class, and by the time they figured out that they were included in that class... all of their property and assets were being nationalized into the government coffer's accounts, and it was too late.

That's why you shouldn't envy. That's what Bernie supporters do. They are not satisfied with their own lives so they envy people who they see as better off than themselves. Don't envy.. instead emulate. Study the patterns and habits of successful people and attempt to become such a person yourself. In the process, you can help develop others by teaching them skills and maybe even employing them someday.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:30 PM

Quote:
It sounds like a line straight out of a Bernie stump speech. In soviet Russia, we called such thinkers the "useful idiots". They all wanted to siphon off some of the money from the rich wealthy upper class, and by the time they figured out that they were included in that class... all of their property and assets were being nationalized into the government coffer's accounts, and it was too late.

That's why you shouldn't envy. That's what Bernie supporters do. They are not satisfied with their own lives so they envy people who they see as better off than themselves. Don't envy.. instead emulate. Study the patterns and habits of successful people and attempt to become such a person yourself. In the process, you can help develop others by teaching them skills and maybe even employing them someday.
ROFL. Soviet Russia? You have been proper brainwashed.

A working class plumber trying to "emulate" billionaire investors who buy politicians to get preferential policies that screw over the rest of the 99%. You are completely delusional.

People like yourself should just send your paycheck directly to the Koch brothers instead of voting for one of the mouthpieces. Better for everyone.

Old 10-23-2015, 06:31 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,736 times
Yes, liberal arts professors and Hollywood liberals, I'm sure. Aside from that, probably not many, really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections