Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2015, 02:48 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Are you saying millions of John and Jane Americans would have no problem if their pension funds and retirement accounts were devalued to zero? Cite your source stating millions of people are OK with that.
I'm saying your theories are best left to sci-fi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 03:00 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm saying your theories are best left to sci-fi.
What do you think happens to the $24 Trillion millions of John and Jane Americans have invested in their pension funds and 401Ks when the stock market crashes?

Old 10-23-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
What do you think happens to the $24 Trillion millions of John and Jane Americans have invested in their pension funds and 401Ks when the stock market crashes?
It's less. People lose every single day. When was it something that you were suppose to "win" in no matter what?

Should we see that the heirs of those who held stocks in Studebaker get their money back? How about Enron?

And you aren't defending it? LOL

P.S. I lost nothing out of my 401k. I had put it all in a Stable Value Fund.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:40 PM

998 posts, read 664,912 times
Did anyone else watch the Democratic debate? Bernie and Hillary were up there in a frenzy trying to one up each other in handing out "free stuff" to voters. Free this, and free that. Who do they expect to pay for all these goodies? I'm sorry, and I don't mean to sound demeaning, but the Democratic party has shifted so far to the left over the past few years that I can't imagine a political party of 8-year-olds being much different.

I've met a few Bernie supporters, but all were either...

A) chilren or young adults, ie people in their early twenties or younger with very little real work experience or...
B) Adults who I've known for a long time and have never seen hold a job for more than a year, and are often unemployed and generally have a poor outlook on life

So basically, low information, naive, and generally "low motivation" people. It's kind of a sad statement on our country that Bernie has gotten this far with the backing of these people.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:52 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Quote:
Why? I pay tax on every gallon of gasoline I buy.
So what? That's only a small part of the cost. You should build your own roads or advocate toll booths on every road in America, including interstates, like some of your far right friends advocate. Let the poor grandmother pay the same dollar amount as the millionaire! Now!

Last edited by PCALMike; 10-23-2015 at 04:03 PM..

Old 10-23-2015, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
Did anyone else watch the Democratic debate? Bernie and Hillary were up there in a frenzy trying to one up each other in handing out "free stuff" to voters. Free this, and free that. Who do they expect to pay for all these goodies?
The same people paying for the bank bailouts?

Old 10-23-2015, 03:55 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Getting back to the thread, there are many professionals, doctors, lawyers, technology professionals and college educated people supporting Sanders.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:57 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
They got it back when the markets tripled.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
They got it back when the markets tripled.
Through government welfare programs for the markets.....that's not how they are supposed to work.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:02 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
Did anyone else watch the Democratic debate? Bernie and Hillary were up there in a frenzy trying to one up each other in handing out "free stuff" to voters. Free this, and free that. Who do they expect to pay for all these goodies? I'm sorry, and I don't mean to sound demeaning, but the Democratic party has shifted so far to the left over the past few years that I can't imagine a political party of 8-year-olds being much different.

I've met a few Bernie supporters, but all were either...

A) chilren or young adults, ie people in their early twenties or younger with very little real work experience or...
B) Adults who I've known for a long time and have never seen hold a job for more than a year, and are often unemployed and generally have a poor outlook on life

So basically, low information, naive, and generally "low motivation" people. It's kind of a sad statement on our country that Bernie has gotten this far with the backing of these people.
The fact of the matter is that Bernie's proposals are supported by the majority.

Bernie Sanders is the only candidate that is not a corrupt mouthpiece for special interests, lobbyists and the well-heeled. These people dont care about you. They laugh at you for voting against your own interest. And you defend them. It's a shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections