Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Agree With Trump's Decision to Skip Fox Debate
Yes - MSM is worthless 54 26.21%
No - Trump should participate 33 16.02%
Doesn't matter, He Will Win Election 55 26.70%
Good Riddance 64 31.07%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 08:31 PM

684 posts, read 515,117 times

Advertisements

Watched Fox today and during the day almost every show and staff member seemed to be trying to suggest, invite, or plead with Trump to come back and participate. While some Fox staff members were less enthused as others it seemed they were all given an internal memo trying to push the selling points to get Trump back.

I think Trump has already committed to not showing up and I think it will only help him in the long run Regardless of what you think of his decision everyone is talking about Trump and he is a master of media. Whats the old saying even bad press is better than no press. The press is all Trump this and Trump that..and even if he is a no show and the debate his name and "presence" will be the leading story and discussion. The others will all be on defense and catch up, even Cruz who will be nothing but a cry baby calling out Trump rather than focus on the real issues.

Trump will get through this and my guess he is doing this to protect his image and standing against Cruz who I am sure has sharpened his attack is is lusting to go after Trump. However to me Cruz looks desperate and manipulating and even methodically evil. His strong push to challenge Trump will also back fire because Cruz is betting on the fact Trump will not show up to a one-on-one debate with him and he will then use that to call Trump a wimp while Trumps poll numbers will surge. Cruz will then look just like Trump in regards to personal attacks and look more like the flip-flopper while Trump is the only one giving a check / money to Vets. Trump will say he is all action and not just empty words.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:38 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,671,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Lurker View Post
Watched Fox today and during the day almost every show and staff member seemed to be trying to suggest, invite, or plead with Trump to come back and participate. While some Fox staff members were less enthused as others it seemed they were all given an internal memo trying to push the selling points to get Trump back.

I think Trump has already committed to not showing up and I think it will only help him in the long run Regardless of what you think of his decision everyone is talking about Trump and he is a master of media. Whats the old saying even bad press is better than no press. The press is all Trump this and Trump that..and even if he is a no show and the debate his name and "presence" will be the leading story and discussion. The others will all be on defense and catch up, even Cruz who will be nothing but a cry baby calling out Trump rather than focus on the real issues.

Trump will get through this and my guess he is doing this to protect his image and standing against Cruz who I am sure has sharpened his attack is is lusting to go after Trump. However to me Cruz looks desperate and manipulating and even methodically evil. His strong push to challenge Trump will also back fire because Cruz is betting on the fact Trump will not show up to a one-on-one debate with him and he will then use that to call Trump a wimp while Trumps poll numbers will surge. Cruz will then look just like Trump in regards to personal attacks and look more like the flip-flopper while Trump is the only one giving a check / money to Vets. Trump will say he is all action and not just empty words.
Brilliant commentary !! Your opinion and comments have been exactly mine....and as you say, today, Fox clearly was doing all they could think of.....to bait Trump back.

Wow, I discern real validity to all you say....I Agree 100%

Trump displaying a Real example of Strong Leadership, by not bowing at the Alter of Corruption of #FOX .

Old 01-27-2016, 08:44 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,975,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
Who on this Forum think Trump will yield...and join the Faux Failed Debate Tomorrow night?
I don't think Fox wants Trump back. They got what they wanted.

Donna Trump hopefully won't go. That mean blonde is not very nice to him. She hurt his feelings.

I've read some where Donna Trump is gonna be filming "Little women" with Sarah Palin.

Old 01-27-2016, 09:04 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Don't forget purchasing the land from the current land owners - forcing them to sell a strip of land via Eminent Domain. This usually takes years. Adding roads for the trucks and supplies to enter/exit.

Then surveying and engineering(years of work), grading for proper drainage, fill dirt and gravel and other materials for base so the footings will be able to handle the wall. Grading and compacting. Then the wall itself.

Then after the wall...monitoring of the wall to ensure nobody puts ropes or ladders over it for climbing, or tunnels below. Or damages it and puts holes in it. never ending costs for monitoring and maintenance.
Yep it will take a LOT of money to do this and we will need to expand border control, Trump's tax plan don't cover that, how do we expect to cover that? More Chinese debt perhaps. It seems like Trump likes dealing with China. Just ask his Macy's clothing line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
The Illegals are sending more money back home that it would cost to build 2 walls. As far as Prison go, build Temporary Prison Camps on the Border Line. If they escape, no big deal, since they can escape back across the border alive, or be shot escaping into the US.
Do you have numbers to support your claim or are they just plain rhetoric?

Old 01-27-2016, 09:12 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post

Do you have numbers to support your claim or are they just plain rhetoric?
You know, if you had taken a minute to do some googling, you would have had your answer. There are several websites with this info but I figured you would only believe something from the lamestream media. Bear in mind that WaPo is very fond of blurring the lines between illegal aliens and legal immigrants. So here you go. You're welcome!

Immigrants Sending $45 Billion Home

Old 01-27-2016, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You know, if you had taken a minute to do some googling, you would have had your answer. There are several websites with this info but I figured you would only believe something from the lamestream media. Bear in mind that WaPo is very fond of blurring the lines between illegal aliens and legal immigrants. So here you go. You're welcome!

Immigrants Sending $45 Billion Home
But will that actually be a relevant cost savings or not? Sounds to me more like an economic drain than anything real when it comes to actual costs. Remember estimates for the fence to be 2.8 to 3.9 million per mile in 2009 costs. At over 2000 miles, this would be anywhere from 5.6 Billion to 7.8 Billion though it could be higher due to issues like topography, logistics, land purchases, labor and surveillance. One part near San Diego jacks up to 16 m. This is what Trump's border wall could cost US

Old 01-27-2016, 09:23 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
i'd have far more respect for you guys on issues like this if you held Clinton and Obama up to the statements they've made in the past..

Things like using private email servers being illegal, or passing ACA in order to drop premiums $2500 a year..

if you guys on the left held your own party responsible for the LIES they made about REAL issues that affect us, then possibly people might actually care that Trump has changed his standards about going to debates etc..
The thing is, Kelly's question really provided an opportunity for Trump to obliterate the charges of sexism that people throw at him, and to put his own remarks in context. That is what a serious person would have done. Instead, he has pouted and stamped around like an adolescent, maintaining this absurd vendetta against Megyn Kelly, a conservative stalwart, and Fox News, which is a central prop of the GOP.

Stop and think about it. Will the general public really elect a guy whose main talent is getting offended? What happens when Hillary Clinton poses the same questions to Trump as Megyn Kelly? What's Trump going to do? Refuse to debate her because she hurt his feelings?

Old 01-27-2016, 09:26 PM

Trump flip-flops as much as John Kerry, just pouts issues but not any substantial fixes and takes his ball and goes home. Why do people think he'll do anything in the White House?

Old 01-27-2016, 09:30 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,678,476 times
I'll bet that Trump shows up for the debate, after all his posturing.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:03 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,275,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
But will that actually be a relevant cost savings or not? Sounds to me more like an economic drain than anything real when it comes to actual costs. Remember estimates for the fence to be 2.8 to 3.9 million per mile in 2009 costs. At over 2000 miles, this would be anywhere from 5.6 Billion to 7.8 Billion though it could be higher due to issues like topography, logistics, land purchases, labor and surveillance. One part near San Diego jacks up to 16 m. This is what Trump's border wall could cost US
Getting numbers from CNBC about immigration enforcement is a joke!

what's the other option? ....open borders and let millions of foreign nationals violate our laws and drain our welfare system and economy?
Might as well make Mexico our 51st state and lets get it over with.

what is Bernie's plan of paying College and healthcare for everybody including illegals while keeping open borders is going to cost?.....I'm sure CNBC has those numbers for us, huh?

do you ever ask yourself who benefits from the current open border system and why does the establishments of both parties refuses to secure the border at the expense of the Americans taxpayers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections