Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Agree With Trump's Decision to Skip Fox Debate
Yes - MSM is worthless 54 26.21%
No - Trump should participate 33 16.02%
Doesn't matter, He Will Win Election 55 26.70%
Good Riddance 64 31.07%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 06:51 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times

Advertisements

Fiorina challenges Trump to debate on Twitter

Hmm. Ms. Fiorina says she will donate 2 million to veterans if The Marchioness will appear tonight.

Seems like a rather disparate attempt to get into the news. It worked, I had forgotten she was running.

Old 01-28-2016, 06:53 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Trump is a businessman. Why should he help a company that despises him make money? Everyone knows its Trump who draws the viewers. Heck even without him there, he'll still be the talk of the town. All these clowns do is talk. You can't stop talking about him folks, you're obsessed. I just hope for all of your sake that your obsession isn't pathological; otherwise it'd be incurable, and you're really ****ed!
That makes sense if he's working for "Trump", but this is about POTUS, not Trump. Your post is correct. If he is only about promoting his own personal interest, then he is doing the right thing.

Old 01-28-2016, 06:59 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Trump is a businessman. Why should he help a company that despises him make money? Everyone knows its Trump who draws the viewers. Heck even without him there, he'll still be the talk of the town. All these clowns do is talk. You can't stop talking about him folks, you're obsessed. I just hope for all of your sake that your obsession isn't pathological; otherwise it'd be incurable, and you're really ****ed!
It is like he would have to do that same thing as president.

Old 01-28-2016, 07:00 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
He has always supported vets. He's very charitable and just doesn't crow about it.

He's not scared to debate, he's been at every one and has done well and stays the frontrunner.

It shows leadership on his part to skip a debate that is framed (like they all have been) to ambush him. He is more respectable than the sock puppets who will be on stage tonight.
Were he to attend this debate he would have to answer questions about the interveiw where he supports partial-birth abortion and other liberal stances that fly in the face of evangelicals, along with questions about his affairs that won't sit too well either. He would probably get asked questions about eminent domain. I know his supporters will choose not to see it, but whether or not this works politically for him, he is running away when he is facing a challenge. That isn't leadership. Matter of fact, according to him in 2011, that is lacking courage. I agree with him on that.

Any doubts I had about voting for him are totally erased, so for me personally, his little ploy was helpful. I last thing I want is a quitter as president.

Old 01-28-2016, 07:08 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,335,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
The Republican party has turned on their frontrunner, with Fox leading the charge. He's simply avoiding an ambush, which is smart.
FOX, as the leading cable news organization has gotten very full of itself. It appears now they were planning to ambush Trump, but this isn't gotcha time, these are the presidential debates. And the debates have been downright cringe worthy with all these stupid he said she said questions which causes the candidates to attack each other. But no good questions about policy. There’s been little that's serious or substantial in these so-called debates.

More candidates should walk away from this nonsense.

Old 01-28-2016, 07:09 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,154,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
But he counts his money when sitting at the table and always boasts what he has.

We will find out how he played his hand shortly. We will also find out how Fox played their hand with their ratings. I wonder if Vegas has any money riding on this bet?

To me it is almost like watching Obama and Putin. One golfer against a chess player - no contest!

Old 01-28-2016, 07:11 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncn View Post
i have yet to see a debate. It is mostly fox in their zeal to discredit trump. A fair debate does not have attack questions. The only attacks should come from the other candidates.
^^^^this^^^^^

Old 01-28-2016, 07:17 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
FOX, as the leading cable news organization has gotten very full of itself. It appears now they were planning to ambush Trump, but this isn't gotcha time, these are the presidential debates. And the debates have been downright cringe worthy with all these stupid he said she said questions which causes the candidates to attack each other. But no good questions about policy. There’s been little that's serious or substantial in these so-called debates.

More candidates should walk away from this nonsense.
That's fine, but then the GOP should step in and boycott the debate (like DNC did to Fox). If he can't build consensus, then he should be Presidential, and fight the good fight in front of him, and make good points and change minds. That's what presidents do, not pout and throw a tantrum.

Old 01-28-2016, 07:21 AM

658 posts, read 1,143,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Were he to attend this debate he would have to answer questions about the interveiw where he supports partial-birth abortion and other liberal stances that fly in the face of evangelicals, along with questions about his affairs that won't sit too well either. He would probably get asked questions about eminent domain. I know his supporters will choose not to see it, but whether or not this works politically for him, he is running away when he is facing a challenge. That isn't leadership. Matter of fact, according to him in 2011, that is lacking courage. I agree with him on that.

Any doubts I had about voting for him are totally erased, so for me personally, his little ploy was helpful. I last thing I want is a quitter as president.

Just another in the long line of Trump flipflopping / fence-sitting.
Funny how the Trump supporters ignore this, no matter how often it is posted.
Megyn was a great moderator (to Trumps opinion) until* she asked him about his ramped up misogyny

Old 01-28-2016, 07:24 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
How is questioning someone about something they've said in the past an attack question? If Trump can't defend his past statements I guess he's doing the right thing by running away and hiding, eh?
What you and many others are missing is the why. Who here believes there's such a thing as the "war on women" other than a another "war on" catch phrase? It has NOTHING to do with a presidential election nor the running of our country.
Given that, Kelly's question is baseless bull squeeze designed to cast a negative view of a candidate and get tongue waggers to go "ooooh". Tabloid at it's best!

Now had she asked him something like "you've said this about taxes,healthcare,abortion or a host of other critical subjects in the past and now you're saying "this", Mr. Trump, how do you reconcile the difference or, which do you really believe?

THAT would have been something proper from a supposed "journalist" at a presidential debate.

Could anyone here imagine questions like are being asked now being asked back in the 50's-60's?
Mr. Kennedy, it is true that you are known to run around with several different women who are not your wife?
How do we know you'll be dedicated to the U.S. and not "run around" on us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections