Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Agree With Trump's Decision to Skip Fox Debate
Yes - MSM is worthless 54 26.21%
No - Trump should participate 33 16.02%
Doesn't matter, He Will Win Election 55 26.70%
Good Riddance 64 31.07%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 08:29 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,550,376 times

Advertisements

I gotta go with Cruz............

Old 01-28-2016, 08:30 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Using O'Reilly who is a Fox News big wig as a benchmark of right and wrong is a bit hilarious don't you think? No bias there right? Especially after he agreed prior to the segment not to ask Trump about coming to the so-called debate.

I watched that last night and was waiting for Bill to beg Trump to come back, he kind of did with the milkshake thing. Pllllllleeeeeeeeaaaasssssse Donald? I'll forget the 17 milkshakes you owe me...
I guess he got his orders from Rupert or Roger...
It does matter if it was O'Reilly or the pope who said the question Megyn asked was within the boundaries of journalism, the fact is it's true. It was in the boundaries of journalism, given those were Trump's own and well documented words he was being asked about. Trump fans refuse to see the forest for the trees.

Old 01-28-2016, 08:31 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Oh stop..The debates are useless, it's a circus show for the media to try and take some down and promote the ones they want.. If someone doesn't know who Trump is by now they shouldn't be voting at all since they are pretty stupid. I'd like to hear the moderators question Cruz on his flip flops of amnesty, single payer, abortion, etc. I'd also like to hear how beholden he is to Wall Street since we all know he is. The rest should just drop out already.

Old 01-28-2016, 08:32 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post

Folks who are against Trump; why can't you see what's going on here, and that Trump is the only one for us? Why can't you see that you're being manipulated by the news media, the late night talk shows, and the big money who controls the political strings?
Trump is for Trump. I think his ego is so big that he woke up one day and thought, "Wow, I haven't been President of the United States yet - LET'S DO IT!" He is not "for us," he's for himself.

I think this all is a huge game to him and that he's laughing at all the little people who can't seem to see him for who he really is, in spite of him being so FREAKING OBVIOUS about who he really is.

The man is appalling to me, and I'm a pretty conservative person politically. He constantly resorts to what comes across as school yard taunting and bullying, he is borderline illiterate when it comes to putting forth a clear, concise answer or plan for ANYTHING, and his track record when it comes to his attitude toward women is repulsive.

And I hate to see what he and his current wife would do to the decor of the White House.

I look at the current group of people running for President of this beautiful, amazing country and I think to myself, "Is this HONESTLY the best we have to offer?" No, I don't think so - but what I do think is that our political system is so corrupt that only the corrupt can manage to break through to higher office. It's like you have to sell your soul to the devil in order to run for President or any office at the state or national level.

Very sad.

Old 01-28-2016, 08:38 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Oh stop..The debates are useless, it's a circus show for the media to try and take some down and promote the ones they want.. If someone doesn't know who Trump is by now they shouldn't be voting at all since they are pretty stupid. I'd like to hear the moderators question Cruz on his flip flops of amnesty, single payer, abortion, etc. I'd also like to hear how beholden he is to Wall Street since we all know he is. The rest should just drop out already.
Can you please provide links showing that Cruz has flip flopped on abortion, amnesty, and single payer issues? Thanks.

Old 01-28-2016, 08:43 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,851,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
The only thing influencing me on my feeling towards Trump are the words that have come out of his mouth, words that have been typed by his own fingers, or words said/written by his authorized spokespeople. And not just the words that have come out recently, although those are bad enough on their own. The man has spent decades spewing his "wisdom," there is more than enough evidence to convince me that a Trump presidency is a bad idea. All this latest stunt has done is confirm those feelings. He is a spoiled brat who throws tantrums when he doesn't get his way and quits if the going gets tough. Those are not good traits in a president.

Bet you will get several reps for that truism!

That adulterous pig makes me ill! His character is so lacking, yet he insults everyone, to make himself feel like he is better than the scumbag he is!

Old 01-28-2016, 08:44 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Trump is not for "us". Trump is a raging narcissist who is for himself.

Old 01-28-2016, 08:47 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Were he to attend this debate he would have to answer questions about the interveiw where he supports partial-birth abortion and other liberal stances that fly in the face of evangelicals, along with questions about his affairs that won't sit too well either. He would probably get asked questions about eminent domain. I know his supporters will choose not to see it, but whether or not this works politically for him, he is running away when he is facing a challenge. That isn't leadership. Matter of fact, according to him in 2011, that is lacking courage. I agree with him on that.

Any doubts I had about voting for him are totally erased, so for me personally, his little ploy was helpful. I last thing I want is a quitter as president.
I've read some of your post and respect your right to an opinion. Thank you, and all your family members for all the years of collective service.

I do believe you misunderstand what is behind the loyalty and support of the "Trump Party". I can't speak for them but as a supporter I'll give my view. The issues you mention that Trump would have to address if he was participating in the debate are issues that should be addressed in a personal interview where time for complete answers would be allowed and not the 30 seconds or one minute incomplete answers with a buzzer sounding.
But it's more than that too. Trump is not really running on social issues like abortion or affairs. They may be the most important issues for some. They can chose another candidate to support. Cruz might be their guy but those same issues are seen as his weakness in a gen. election.

Eminent domain
would be more relevant and he has answered those questions before. I don't agree with him on that issue and some others. He would require payments so that America gets something out of the deal. All others are to weak and stupid to come up with ideas like that. They are foolish enough to give right away for free. GOP in general supports the Keystone pipeline and that requires a great deal of eminent domain. Most of the GOP candidates would approve the pipeline but only Trump would be ask the question and it would be framed to demonize him. That is their objective. Single Trump out, take Trump out, by any means possible. If it wasn't illegal they would have a bounty on his head.

As far as Trump running away and being a coward. That is ridicules. Think of it in terms of a military strategy. The enemy has set an ambush and fortified their position. A position of strength where they plan to control the outcome. Reason dictates that it is foolish to walk into that ambush. Flank them and counter attack them where they are weak. Send your strength to attack their weakness. Their weakness is they are all talk and no action, That is what a debate is. Trump is taking action on a good cause to raise funds for veterans. He is putting American warriors first in action and deed. He didn't shoot anyone in Manhattan but he did shoot Fox in the wallet. If he keeps doing this I'll carry his ammo on the battlefield.

The last thing I want is a president that is controlled by media, special interest, donors, and political elitists with a destructive global mentality who see being president of the USA as being the under card act for ultimate power on the world stage. I want to trump them and support the "Trump Party".

"GO TRUMP" or live in a 3rd world dump.

Old 01-28-2016, 08:54 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
Hmm. Mr. Trump claims that two of the presidential candidates have called him wanting to appear on his event tonight (which is not being televised, so far as I can find):

Donald Trump says other candidates will join his counter-debate event - UPI.com

Old 01-28-2016, 08:56 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,463,216 times
Any guesses? BTW CSPAN, cnn, msnbc are going to carry it from my understanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections